Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Cosmic Eclipse Sym Spidey

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,739 ★★★★
    Used Ghost and she solo the whole path.

https://youtu.be/huK8ycA8YAc
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★

What the heck is this fight

So I took in my 6* r1 Venom to counter the evade, no problem. The thing that cost me 4 revives, however, was the 10 block limit; Spidey's sp1 hits 5 times and hits hard, so how do you all counter this? People are saying he's the easiest fight but honestly, I can't do that daily

I used 4/55 Venom and no problem at all didn't even have to use my 5/65 AA only used him for Wolvie and Drax.
    Just have to really parry well to avoid the bubble shield even at 10stacks and you're good.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,072 ★★★★★
    Fryday said:

Stryfe laughs at his unblockable attempts.

@DeaconVelvet
    This is a really good point, it got me think about this boss and the AV as well.

I don't have Styfe, would Mr Sinister have a chance (as he also can stop Unblockable)?

I do understand that Spidy SP hit into block pretty hard too so will have to dex.

@hungryhungrybbq , thank you a great indept explaination with a lot of useful tip. I also don't have AA. Would a Immortal Abom work instead for extra passive damages?

As some people have shown that it is doable, with the right champs, but to do this for 28 days, seem a bit much, especially since it is the only way to fully Rank up Summoner Symbiote Steve. Seem a bit unbalance in my opinion.
    Sinister would work to negate the special attacks but Stryfe blocks all of the attacks not just specials. Also side note, I'm surprised no one has used the new Miles to make a joke of the unblockable attacks when they come.
  • Options
    King_SternyKing_Sterny Posts: 58
    slacker said:

Do Falcon work ? i don't have AA and my Venom only 5r4

Yes. I did the quest twice. 1st with Doom and Falcon (both 5* 5/65), then with Apoc 5* 5/65 and AA 6* 1/25 unawakened. I went back to Doom/Falcon. Wil tryAA again after LEVEL UP EVENT. (looks sideways at Kabam.)
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,120 ★★★★★

@Sir_Globalot if Bubble Shield is the issue, I suggest you bring along Guardian (any rarity, preferably the highest you have). It makes a big difference.

Thank the RNG for my sig 140 5* Guardian then! I've been trying to practice dexing the sp1 but after the first 2 webs, I get locked in the block despite my swiping left :/
    Yeah, block hits also apply a small duration of "hit stun" (temporarily input locked for a small window) similar to landed hits. Hit stun is what allows landed combo hits to chain until the combo ends via second medium or 4th light. It's why as players we can land MLLL on the opponents block without risk. But ever try to do a second medium or 4th light (combo ender) and you'll get punished, right? Basically cause a combo ender ends the hit stun. Hit stun is also the reason that dexing a special will allow you to punish it while blocking it may not (depending on opponents length of recovery after a special - which varies).

The dex point for a partial dex (block webshots/dex punches) is fairly precise, yes. It's a relatively small window of time for it to happen correctly. But there is time to do it in the window between your hit stun (input lock) wearing off and the first punch landing. Swipe too early and you are still input locked from blocking the webshots, too late and the punches land. 😅 Gotta keep practicing to find the sweet spot. Once you do it successfully a few times, it will become more and more like second nature.

Question, do you play with sound? I know a lot of folks don't, but I prefer to have it on. There are many audio cues in the game that can help with timing such as this. Including dexing specials as well.
  • Options

Fryday said:

Stryfe laughs at his unblockable attempts.

@DeaconVelvet
    This is a really good point, it got me think about this boss and the AV as well.

I don't have Styfe, would Mr Sinister have a chance (as he also can stop Unblockable)?

I do understand that Spidy SP hit into block pretty hard too so will have to dex.

@hungryhungrybbq , thank you a great indept explaination with a lot of useful tip. I also don't have AA. Would a Immortal Abom work instead for extra passive damages?

As some people have shown that it is doable, with the right champs, but to do this for 28 days, seem a bit much, especially since it is the only way to fully Rank up Summoner Symbiote Steve. Seem a bit unbalance in my opinion.
    Sinister would work to negate the special attacks but Stryfe blocks all of the attacks not just specials. Also side note, I'm surprised no one has used the new Miles to make a joke of the unblockable attacks when they come.
    Yeah, I'm curious about Miles for the notorious AV boss too?? Unfortunately, I'm yet to take Miles for a proper spin in the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Thanks for the footage. I'm also a Ghost player. She's right up there with AA as a top counter for this. Maybe even easier depending on one's Ghost experience. I may do some runs with her as well for variety. The AA melt was just satisfying to watch. 😂 This is a good reminder for folks who have Ghost, but haven't taken the time to learn her how useful she can be. It does take some time commitment as does any practice in this game. I actually recommend taking her into ROL for anyone wanting to learn. The AI is passive, so it's a bit more challenging, but that will help you prepare for what to do when the AI doesn't cooperate in other content.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

This is also a fight I am having issues with in terms of revives. I use 6 star r1 Venom, and does take a couple of revives to get him down, which is not sustainable in the long term. I do have archangel at r4, but he is unawakened. Would he still be better than Venom?

AA is still a good attacker unawakened. The damage is all still there. Unfortunately, the sig ability is a sizable part of what makes him good for this particular fight though. The AAR is what would counter the evade and the nodes. I don't know your situation, but when your resources allow, I would recommend ranking both Venom and AA (use an AG if/when you have). Both characters are extremely useful in areas all over the entire game.

For reference, I took Venom to 6r3 as one of my first r3. And for AA, I used a generic 6 star AG and r3. This is how much I value him as a character.

Edit: Before I finally pulled 6 star AA, I had used the 5 star for many things. He is a character who will put in work as a 5 star, no problem. Until eventually being replaced by the 6 star one day. Only difference is the 6 star is of course tankier and faster, but not needed for most scenarios.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,839 ★★★★★

@Sw0rdMaster is that a s200
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,739 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

@Sw0rdMaster is that a s200
    Yeah