**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I hear from everyone that he is really good, but where and how is he good?

SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So I have pulled a 5* Immortal Ibom a little while back. After holding on to a science AG for Torch or Rulk( cause I knew nothing about Ibom) I asked my alliance and everyone said put the AG into Ibom so I did. I have taken him up to r3 and when I get the gold I'll take him up to r4 and 5, yet I still know nothing about him and where he shines the best. So if someone could be an angel and tell me what's good about him and so on so I can appease my own soul of ranking someone I've never used, that would be amazing. I don't run suicides and probably never will if that help.
Post edited by Kabam Pertinax on

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    He deals a lot of poison damage. And acid burn deals a lot more. He’s a simple and great champ to have. Plus his prestige is good too
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

He deals a lot of poison damage. And acid burn deals a lot more. He’s a simple and great champ to have. Plus his prestige is good too

Also poison resistance and healing from willpower.
  • SazedSazed Posts: 304 ★★
    Acid burn procs off the sp2 right?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,985 ★★★★★
    Sazed said:

Acid burn procs off the sp2 right?

Acid Burn procs either off the sp3 or whenever you place ten stacks of poison on your opponent. The easiest way of doing this is by activating the toxic aura off of your sp2, which places poisons on your enemy at regular intervals as long as you are near them.
  • JuggerNotJuggerNot Posts: 432 ★★
    Throw a sp1 then sp2 then sp1s for the rest of the fight, that's the rotation I have been using. Try him out on winter solider and pay attention to the poison numbers. He is unblockable while acid burn is active so hit the opponent for bonus burst damage.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Never use an AG on any champ who isn’t among your top tier (in terms of rank, not champion ability)

Having him awakened at r3 does nothing for you if you have lots of champs that are r4 and r5. Save the gem in case you get lucky and pull him again.

Well, depends on your point in the game. I reached a point where I had 10+ Gems for 5* rotting in my inventory and then spent them kinda yolo (even awakened Kamala Khan that way). Well, if you got almost all 5* awakened already …

But to the topic … iAbom is a pretty high Prestige Champ and really useful as others explained above.
  • CirrusCirrus Posts: 87
    Hi , yes I think he worthy , if you have will power the awakened ability inflicts him with 3 poisons so will power kicks in at beginning of fight depending on fight won't really notice block damage build up , I don't use sp1 so much use sp2 and stay as close as you can to them as poisons stack quicker with toxic ora active when it hits 10 he becomes unblockable , me personally think he's a top science champ.
  • KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105
    WOLF_LINK said:

TyEdge said:

Never use an AG on any champ who isn’t among your top tier (in terms of rank, not champion ability)

Having him awakened at r3 does nothing for you if you have lots of champs that are r4 and r5. Save the gem in case you get lucky and pull him again.

Well, depends on your point in the game. I reached a point where I had 10+ Gems for 5* rotting in my inventory and then spent them kinda yolo (even awakened Kamala Khan that way). Well, if you got almost all 5* awakened already …

But to the topic … iAbom is a pretty high Prestige Champ and really useful as others explained above.
    I think the point here is that you should have an expectation for the amount of value you get when you use a rare item. Your definitions of value and item rarity will change based on where you're at in the game, but, in the future, I'd recommend against using an AG for your top champ rarity without knowing what that ability does and where you'd want to use that champ going forward.

Most of my regrets in this game come from making AG/Rank Up decisions without thinking about the rest of my roster and what holes I need to fill. Currently, my only 5/65 sig 200 champ sits on my bench and hardly ever gets used because I sunk a ton of items into this champ that everyone was telling me was really good, but they don't fit into my roster and current in-game goals.