**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to damage Venom #2 in Cosmic Horror SQ?

I used my Adapt preflight ability plus the other 2 with my Summoned Symbiote. It looks like I had 3 buffs but still was doing no damage to him.
How do I get enough buffs to begin damaging Venom?

Comments

• RocketWaffleRocketWaffle Posts: 136
    The prefights are passives, and do not count for buffed up, what you need to do is use Adapt and then do double medium combos to gain furies.
  • RexnSpikeRexnSpike Posts: 63
    More info. Venom has Buff Up, which requires the attacker to have 3 or more buffs in order to do damage. Using SP1 grants one random buff on SuSym. Back to back mediums are supposed to trigger a Fury buff but won’t for some reason.
    Anyone else notice this?
    Thanks for the info. I’ve tried the back-to-back medium hits but doesn’t trigger a Fury. Maybe I’m performing the mediums incorrectly. I’ll give it a few more tries.

The prefights are passives, and do not count for buffed up, what you need to do is use Adapt and then do double medium combos to gain furies.

So, for some follow up - you need to use your Adapt pre-fight buff 3 times in total going into the fight against Venom in order to gain up to 9 Furies and to make him vulnerable.
    Additionally you should use 3 Devour buffs to nullify his buffs and regen yourself.
    Have just tried this once and it worked (didn’t win though). Will keep after it.
    Good luck all.
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    Idk what range your symbiote is, but at rank 2 you unlock the third hability, this said that if you land a medium hit after a medium hit you gain a fury buff. You need to put at least 2 points in this hability and the figth will be easy.
    Yes, sorry I didn’t make that clear in the follow up post.

Activating 2-3 Adapt abilities in the fights leading up to Path 2, you gain the ability to stack Furies when you use back-to-back medium hits (including finishing one combo a medium & starting another with a medium). Activating your Furies is how you then make Venom vulnerable and you can now damage him for the fight.
    Beware his SP2, lol. If you miss the dodge, you’re dead at Lvl 2 Steve.

BTW, using the Devour preflight ability is nice for regening.
    JhonST33 said:

Idk what range your symbiote is, but at rank 2 you unlock the third hability, this said that if you land a medium hit after a medium hit you gain a fury buff. You need to put at least 2 points in this hability and the figth will be easy.