**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Any Ideas on how to beat the new venompool in the gold cosmic eclipse quest?

Froggobonano_1Froggobonano_1 Posts: 66
edited October 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I was just playing the cosmic eclipse quest and I had a lot of trouble with the venompool boss for the gold quest. I used Mordo to clear the first two fights (with ease I might add he's honestly an amazing option) but I got stuck on the venompool. I thought about using void for heal reversal, but realized that even at max sig it would be hard without specials, I cant nullify so sym supreme isn't all that great (I tried him), Mordo cant get to special two very easily so I cant imagine him being a great option. If you used anyone or have any ideas please reply I would love to get some help

- A distressed Rhino player

Comments

• I saw someone use clair and she looked okay but I would love more suggestions
  • asxetosasxetos Posts: 6
    Venompool boss is at quest 4 (5* shards), right?
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    asxetos said:

The quests are not presented in the same order as the rewards were displayed.

Quest 4 (Venompool) is indeed the gold quest.
    Check for yourself
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Archangel easily solos Venompool (and Ægon).
  • WOLF_LINK said:

AA might be good, I have a rank 5 4 star so Ill check it out
    Jeal79 said:

asxetos said:

The quests are not presented in the same order as the rewards were displayed.

Quest 4 (Venompool) is indeed the gold quest.
    Check for yourself
    OK I got you!
    WOLF_LINK said:

Thank you mate. I have a 4* Archangel. I will try him
  • blurblotblurblot Posts: 39
    am i crazy, or would Void work well? you’d have to play around VP’s stun immunity, and the chip damage might be too high - but he does apply DoT debuffs without touching the opponent so maybe he’d work?
  • blurblot said:

am i crazy, or would Void work well? you’d have to play around VP’s stun immunity, and the chip damage might be too high - but he does apply DoT debuffs without touching the opponent so maybe he’d work?

well the problem is that his normal debuffs arent actually DoT. The only debuff he has that is, is his degen, which you get from a sp2. I think void would work if you could reverse VPs buffet regen and make him lose health, although that may be hard since you can only get debuffs from his timer. so you would need high sig.

-A Rhino Enthusiast with a 5/65 sig 200 void

blurblot said:

well the problem is that his normal debuffs arent actually DoT. The only debuff he has that is, is his degen, which you get from a sp2. I think void would work if you could reverse VPs buffet regen and make him lose health, although that may be hard since you can only get debuffs from his timer. so you would need high sig.

fair point, though i don't *think* the debuffs need to be DOT, they just need to cause Damage Over Time, if i read the node correctly...

...anyway i wanted to put this to the test today so i brought my 5/65 Void and BWCV into the quest. figured i'd use Claire for the path and try to take down a little bit of VP's health before going in for Void with the kill. Wound up one-shot-ting the fight with her, she is a GREAT solution. the key for me was MLLLM combos to keep the DoT up, build to SP2 and blasting him in Hellfire mode, mixed in an SP3 here and there to take down massive chunks of health. but mostly the Buff Immunity on her SP2 did the trick. highly recommended!

Jury is still out on Void, i'll use him next time and see how it goes
  • DahMastahDahMastah Posts: 11
    I’ve been bringing tigra and longshot to the quest. Longshot works great especially with the resistor node.
  • blurblot said:

blurblot said:

fair point, though i don't *think* the debuffs need to be DOT, they just need to cause Damage Over Time, if i read the node correctly...

...anyway i wanted to put this to the test today so i brought my 5/65 Void and BWCV into the quest. figured i'd use Claire for the path and try to take down a little bit of VP's health before going in for Void with the kill. Wound up one-shot-ting the fight with her, she is a GREAT solution. the key for me was MLLLM combos to keep the DoT up, build to SP2 and blasting him in Hellfire mode, mixed in an SP3 here and there to take down massive chunks of health. but mostly the Buff Immunity on her SP2 did the trick. highly recommended!

update me when you do!
  • BrandonmballouBrandonmballou Posts: 219
    Nick fury
  • RanunculusRanunculus Posts: 73
    How did it go?
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    I brought in Claire and Tigra for the quest. Claire works but is very risky. As long as you can keep them buff immune, she is great. However, once that falls off, you basically nullify buffs with every hit which in turn just skyrockets the opponent's power gain.

Tigra was amazing, though. I'm always a bit hesitant in these types of scenarios since she can be really hard to play but OH MY GOD. She completely shut down everything that was difficult about that Venompool. He gained no buffs, he never became stun immune, she intercepted him like a freaking god, and her ruptures juiced her power up like crazy. It was over in two SP2s, and Venompool only got in one SP1 between them (which just lined him up for a sweet, sweet heavy intercept). 40-0 hits to Tigra and the quickest and easiest fight I've had by far.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Diablo
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    Void. But you need to place a few debuffs first to get the heal reversal. Once you get the right amount of debuffs, just trigger the buffet and he will lose a lot of health. Repeat the cycle.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,899 ★★★★★

• CmaroCmaro Posts: 229 ★★
    Diablo Arch easy

• thanks! glad to see mordo getting some representation :)

• wait this seems wrong I only got 2 t4 basic from the venom and from what I've seen its only 1 t5cc 1% per entry

blurblot said:

blurblot said:

update me when you do!
    used Void last night. had to play around the stun immunity and without specials (no power gain available, grrr) but it was doable once FotV kicked in with the petrify debuffs, just dex his hits and let Buffet do its work in reverse. think the fight was 135 hits? not too difficult.

BWCV still the best bet.
  • EL145EL145 Posts: 46
    Moleman is really good for the path and works kinda well for the boss too. My team is moleman and aa
  • RealWizardRealWizard Posts: 91
    Claire is my mvp
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    I've been running r5 claire and r4 sym supreme just fine for the most part. I run in to more problems controlling aegon than the other 2 fights.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

Apocalypse, the best masochism counter is missing in quest 5. Apoc with his Cable synergy is the one I used
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 807 ★★★
    AA