**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

SCIENCE 2018?

KALIZOKALIZO Posts: 484 ★★
based on the marvel movies coming 2018? i dont see a science champ coming into the game. or i could be wrong.
your thoughts on this?

Comments

• Options
    wasp maybe
  • Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Naw
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    wasp maybe

They will make her tech and then try and tell us all the reasons why it made more sense than being a science like Antman. :)
  • Options
    JoitalJoital Posts: 10
    Ant man as sience is stupid tbh.
  • Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Joital wrote: »

Not really, if you go off of the version from the comics he is able to control his size from use of a chemical substance.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    Based on the movies, maybe not; but Black Panther, Infinity War and Ant-Man and The Wasp are only going to cover 3 months. Deadpool 2 another month. That leaves 8 months in which they could release science champions.
  • Options
    DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    No it isn’t. The suit is powered by pym particles, a chemical, that’s not technology. The suit is just a regulator for the formula. It’d be dumb if they were tech.

• Options
    CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    DHCVoLt wrote: »
    No it isn’t. The suit is powered by pym particles, a chemical, that’s not technology. The suit is just a regulator for the formula. It’d be dumb if they were tech.

If u use serum in injection to inject some one..... That mean u r using technology bro... Same for his pym particles..... Which is used by his suit to shrink or giant ....so his suit is tech which uses pym particle which is science....
    No where in the world ... Where u can create technology without science.... Science and technology are two flips of the same coin..
    Just like iron man ... He uses his armor to fight which is tech but arc reactor gives him enormous energy which is physics.... So u can argue here what is science and what is not...
    No one have to argue on any champs.... Because kabam do what they. wants
    Maybe dead pool 2 gives us a new science dead pool.....
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Crusher wrote: »
    DHCVoLt wrote: »

If u use serum in injection to inject some one..... That mean u r using technology bro... Same for his pym particles..... Which is used by his suit to shrink or giant ....so his suit is tech which uses pym particle which is science....
    No where in the world ... Where u can create technology without science.... Science and technology are two flips of the same coin..
    Just like iron man ... He uses his armor to fight which is tech but arc reactor gives him enormous energy which is physics.... So u can argue here what is science and what is not...
    No one have to argue on any champs.... Because kabam do what they. wants
    Maybe dead pool 2 gives us a new science dead pool.....

Technology? Serum is a chemical compound. Thus Chemistry, and Science.
  • Options
    SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    The movies are not the only source to issue new champions, there's also the TV Series and comics big crossovers.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    And how exactly was the serum created without using technology? And which part of the Ant Man suit is pure chemistry without incorporating any tech? It's just an argument that goes round in circles - many of the champs have arguments for and against them being in a different class. And to rank Karnak up you need skill and cosmic cats, which to me is an even stupider concept they've applied in his (unique I think) case.
  • Options
    It usually has to do with where the majority of their power comes from in the game. For example, Green Goblin was expected to be Science, but he relies on his Glider.
  • Options
    He's a goblin because he injected himself with a serum. Presumably a SCIENTIFIC serum, but what do I know?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    "As the amoral industrialist head of Oscorp, Norman was exposed to an experimental formula which enhanced his physical abilities and intellect, but also drove him to insanity."
    The expectation he would be science seems reasonable.
  • Options
    It's got less to do with their Comic origins and more to do with their power in the game. You left out the part about relying on Oscorp Technology.
  • Options
    Read his bio FFS. His madness is entirely a result of the experimental formula, and how can you say his bombs and things are purely tech but Ant Man's suit is purely science? There has got to be some level of crossover in both champs - anything you say to the contrary is either you arguing for the sake of arguing or that you can't admit you're wrong.
  • Options
    Am I wrong, or are you focusing on what supports your argument and not listening to what I'm saying? What gives them their Abilities in the game? How do they fight in the game?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-green-goblin/
    Jesus you're thick. READ THE BIO. Where did he get the madness from? Not from his glider. From the formula. How do the Pumpkin Bombs explode? Chemistry. Where does the poison come from? Chemistry again. You cannot say that Ant Man should be science because his serum is a chemical compound but Green Goblin should be tech because he has a flying glider. You're the one picking things to suit your own argument, not me.
  • Options
    You're still focusing on the Bio and not hearing what I'm saying. I don't care what the Bio says. What gives them the power in their Abilities? The Serum is what gives Ant-Man his power. Otherwise he's Paul Rudd in a patent leather suit. Green Goblin attacks using his Tech. Otherwise he's a deranged Keebler Elf. You're focusing on the synopsis and not looking at what powers their attacks in the game. I'm about done with the conversation because you're becoming increasingly rude and I'm over it.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    You haven't read his bio in full. I'm not referring to the biographical synopsis, but the break down of his in game abilities. His madness IS an in game ability.

Character Class: Tech
    Madness
    Green Goblin has a 10% chance to gain Madness whenever opponents attack him. +90% chance if Green Goblin performs a well-timed Block. Madness charges last 10 seconds.
    While Green Goblin has more Madness than Cunning, or the two are equal, he passively Regenerates 60% of damage taken from Basic Attacks and opponents deal 30% less damage on Special Attacks.

Tell me again which part of his technical arsenal grants him madness?
  • Options
    fgb9co6jgju0.png
  • Options
    GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    The problem with this discussion is that kabam make things up on the spot and there are crossovers.

It was stated in a thread ages ago by kabam that GG is tech because he fights with tech. I agree that he should be science (especially with the madness comment) but I can accept him being tech.

Antman however has to be science as it's the sirum that makes him small (hopefully this means the wasp will also be science).

Sparky is tech as his suit is filled with technology, technically he should be science but I suppose his suit does give him an extra edge so I can see why he is tech.

Falcon I don't like, he should be tech based on the same arguments (although it takes skill to use his wings but that same argument could make GG skill which would have been stupid).

Consistency with the classes would be nice but this is kabam.

Now back on topic... We do need lots of new science champs, so hopefully we will get a few next year.

Now I know it will never happen (but lots of people want it to happen), but if the fantastic four were added to the game then there's 4 new science champs already...
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Just for the sake of argument the fantastic 4 could be cosmic since their powers came from a cosmic source (depending what version of their origin story you read)
  • Options
    GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    Just for the sake of argument the fantastic 4 could be cosmic since their powers came from a cosmic source (depending what version of their origin story you read)

That's a very fair point, i said science because to some degree it l was a science experiment that went wrong but you are right and maybe they would all be cosmic.
  • Options
    But as you said it's highly unlikely as kabamm won't do it till like 2025 when marvel finally buys the fantastic 4 rights back or they get a movie that isn't terrible
  • Options
    Fantastic Four would be curious for me. I could see Cosmic or Science. Most likely Cosmic. Although I don't see them coming anytime soon.
  • Options
    I could also see them basing the Classes separately depending on their power in the game if they did introduce them. I don't believe they would all be the same Class.
  • Options
    Kinda like how Karnak is the only non cosmic inhuman
  • Options
    Well, Mr. Fantastic I could see being Science. Thing could be Skill in my mind. As for Invisible Woman, I could see her being Cosmic. Not sure about Torch. Karnak is for all intensive purposes Skill. Only he requires a Cosmic Cat to Rank as well.