**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Really…? Again.

With gameplay issues, not all of us can even properly play alliance modes. Why do we keep getting resources that immediately go into the overflow?

Comments

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

Still don't understand why they're not handing out glory

Ironically people were complaining about getting too much glory and not being able to claim it. So instead of raising the cap, like they should have (and still should), they just decided to not give Glory anymore.

That's why there are people actively discussing why stuff like this is still important even if it's not beneficial to the author of the thread.
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    I too could not use the pots. My rank 3 and 4 5-stars found a use for them in AQ. AQ kinda is more fun now. I do not play war. War compensation items are free gold.
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Qfury said:

Still don't understand why they're not handing out glory

Probably because people were using it for more than just potions in the glory store.
    You are correct. I used all that free glory to buy t5cc crystals. I never buy those with glory I earned from AQ.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Would be nice if they put out some solo play packages too. If it's their opinion the game is busted to the point these are needed for players to participate in AQ/AW then shouldn't the same be done for stuff like EQ and 7.3? I've revived off my own mistakes of course but I'd put 1/3 of my items to the gameplay issues and I think it's safe to assume I'm not the only one.

Whenever game developers do something I don't understand, not just here but anywhere, I always assume that a) they are datamining the game to inform their decisions and b) that datamining can wildly diverge from what I think is happening. What the compensation packages are telling me is there's a strong probability that across the entire playerbase there's a lot more alliance potions being used, but not a lot more solo potions being used. Why that might be is debatable, but I suspect if the datamining supported the notion that players were using a lot more solo potions, comparable to the increase in alliance potions, they'd be handing them out more.

They could also just be wrong, but there's also the possibility they are seeing that we aren't that overrides the anecdotes we're hearing about potion use. The (vocal) players are not always right about their perceptions of the playerbase as a whole.
    -The compensation items/packs are to make up for gameplay issues.
    -the gameplay issues have affected every mode of gameplay.
    -we're only getting items for 1 mode of gameplay.

these are the simple facts.
    Actually, all three of these statements are false, or at least not strictly true.

First, we're getting them for two modes of gameplay, not one: Alliance Quest and Alliance War. I'll assume that was just a minor slipup.

Second, the compensation items are not to "make up for gameplay issues." Compensation by definition compensates. The gameplay issues are affecting different players in different ways, but Kabam acknowledges that many players may be affected in ways that hamper their ability to play certain content strongly enough to be noteworthy. This manifests in different ways, but in Alliance modes there's a recognition that players cannot simply adjust to the gameplay changes because Alliance mode content are consensus modes: a group of players mutually agree to play that content at a certain level of play. For Alliance Quest this is voluntary but requires coordination across many players, and for Alliance War this isn't even unilaterally opt-in: the difficulty you face depends on your historical play (manifested in your war tier). Alliance War and Alliance Quest potions aim to compensate for the fact that many players may be facing much higher difficulty than before the issues arose in a context where they cannot do much to adjust to that change, short of leaving their alliance.

That's not the case for solo content. Solo content is completely under the control of the individual player. In this sense, the gameplay issues are not affecting every mode of gameplay in the same way for all players. They can react to gameplay changes by adjusting what content they play and when. It is a separate issue to consider the opportunity cost associated with changing the content you do, but this is still far easier to control than Alliance content. And while you can argue whether this is a reasonable response, Kabam themselves stated their position on this when they advised players to adjust their play relative to the current gameplay issues. Since we're talking about what the compensation packages are for, Kabam's intent is what matters, not what you think would be appropriate.

The fact that Kabam continues to hand out Alliance War and Quest materials weekly, but have only stated their intention to hand out solo content stuff more infrequently tells me they are continuing to stick to this position: that AQ and AW are a different kind of hardship than solo content, and they may have data that supports this. If they didn't, I don't think they would be sticking to this position for as long as they have.

There's a lot of nuance involved with this situation, and you can choose to view them through a trivial lens, but don't expect them to make sense to you if you do.
    I get what you're saying to a certain degree but don't minimize the effect of these gameplay issues on solo events. Yeah it's optional but guess what alliance modes are also optional to a degree. We may have majority of the playerbase doing alliance doesn't mean it's not. I wasn't doing alliance modes until this season when friend asked me to help out. There are players that enjoying solo modes than alliance ones like myself. I've had to quit out of some quest cos of these issues, other times used revives and potions so not to start the entire lane again and use refills. You're right Kabam said we should adjust our play, but we're getting content releases all the same and what should we do, not play them? And they we even know when these issues will be solved which might actually help in deciding what we do with solo permanent contents? For all we know this might be our new norm? AI going crazy sometimes, can't seem to get my parry timing right consistently and if XL are involved, forget it (dunno if anyone have noticed it that their timing seem to be different from S/M champs), game not loading after you press start, etc.
    We'll continue playing normal as if it has been fixed cos we don't know when it'll be. If some of us ask for compensation in these areas as well I think it's a fair ask imo.
  • Options
    K_PK_P Posts: 137 ★★
    I'm also ungrateful it's pretty much just gold to me
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Would be nice if they put out some solo play packages too. If it's their opinion the game is busted to the point these are needed for players to participate in AQ/AW then shouldn't the same be done for stuff like EQ and 7.3? I've revived off my own mistakes of course but I'd put 1/3 of my items to the gameplay issues and I think it's safe to assume I'm not the only one.

Whenever game developers do something I don't understand, not just here but anywhere, I always assume that a) they are datamining the game to inform their decisions and b) that datamining can wildly diverge from what I think is happening. What the compensation packages are telling me is there's a strong probability that across the entire playerbase there's a lot more alliance potions being used, but not a lot more solo potions being used. Why that might be is debatable, but I suspect if the datamining supported the notion that players were using a lot more solo potions, comparable to the increase in alliance potions, they'd be handing them out more.

They could also just be wrong, but there's also the possibility they are seeing that we aren't that overrides the anecdotes we're hearing about potion use. The (vocal) players are not always right about their perceptions of the playerbase as a whole.
    Well put, but if the data does show that people aren’t using solo content items as much, don’t you think it might be because people may be seeing it too risky to go in to most act content at the moment?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Well put, but if the data does show that people aren’t using solo content items as much, don’t you think it might be because people may be seeing it too risky to go in to most act content at the moment?
    I’m sure they have data on where players are playing, which game modes, which act content etc as well