**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is it just me who might just opt out of Cosmic Horror?

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Bad_Omen said:

I got to venom which is buffed up needing 3 buffs with all pre fights on r4 sym can only manage to gain 2 buffs

Nope. Just keep spamming mediums and you'll get a lot
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    If you do 3 mediums off a parry you'll get enough with just two
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★
    Anyone who has completed this, what is the order of selecting prefights? Is there a preferred order?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Anyone who has completed this, what is the order of selecting prefights? Is there a preferred order?

Not particularly. 1st time prefoght is required is in second path against venom. Then you progressively activate based on fights.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

It's disappointing that we have to get through hell to get him to r5, something that I stopped hoping for, and doing only the Epic paths in SQ. And the result is, a 5* crystal? Since I don't think I ll be able to complete the horror's last path with a r4 Steve..

Have you tried the legendary Sym Spidey quest?
    I already lost 3 entries because of legendary paths, I don't want to lose any more by trying new paths, and also wasting opportunities for the smaller (epic) rewards...
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    trust me i agree that the up in difficulty seems a bit much. but i do have to say the daily rewards are pretty good plus you can choose which one you want. i've been doing the sym spidey quest for a week now and not a single item used. just keep on pushing and have confidence that you can do it
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    Gotta remember ,..Steve is here to stay. Different levels of summoners aren’t necessarily going to be able to do the legendary quests required to max rank him…BUT,..I’m certain there will be more opportunities to rank/ level him up.
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    …Also, cosmic horror is decent. It is letting us get used to our summoned symbiote and his pre fight capabilities…everyone should give it a chance and not give up on it,..it’s a lot of fun once you get into the rhythm .
  • Can somebody let me know.. if we can claim rewards on all paths by entering multiple times?

Or is it like if you have claimed rewards on one path, cannot re-enter or claim any other rewards?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

Can somebody let me know.. if we can claim rewards on all paths by entering multiple times?

Or is it like if you have claimed rewards on one path, cannot re-enter or claim any other rewards?

You can claim the rewards on each path only once.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZola said:

Can somebody let me know.. if we can claim rewards on all paths by entering multiple times?

You can claim the rewards on each path only once.

Dr. Zola
    Thanks.. I was confused if entry is restricted after claiming rewards on one path.. Thanks for clarifcation..
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

DrZola said:

This is the true face of Cosmic Horror. All that work my Sym did and this is what he has to show for it. Plus part of a science T5.

Sorry little buddy. The game should treat you much better.

Dr. Zola

Despite being an OG champ, I can’t honestly say I have any idea what his awakened ability is? Or that he even had one.
    Focus
    🙃 it gives him his amazing armour rating reduction increasing with sig allowing him to do more and more damage
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Searmenis said:

That's not exactly right. The game pushes you to visit and use the forums, there's a "find out more" message in every in game update, probably because they try to build and sustain a community, so there's thousands of players visiting frequently. When and if they decide to participate and talk, is a completely different matter. Personally I was visiting the forums for a couple of years, and I started posting during last year's quarantine.

There's a few thousand players that visit the forums, maybe a few times that use the Reddit. There's on the order of a million players, plus or minus. If you look at the thread that announces the September side objectives leading into the October events, that thread has (as I write this) 91.7k views. That's a thread that's been active for about two months and that includes a lot of repeat views. The October thread has only 50k views, and threads with less posting activity (which would be refreshed and revisited less often) like the Summoner Showdown 2021 announcement have 5.6k views.

Another way to estimate the percentage of players who visit the forums is to compare download data to forum sign up data. It is actually possible to see how many people are joining the forums for the first time: this is listed in the activity page. Looking at the last thirty days, 6808 people have joined the forums in the last 30 days. Sensor Tower estimates 200k downloads of the game in September, which implies approximately 3.4% of the people who download the game subsequently join the forums. That number probably has significant error bars, but even accounting for that the participation ratio is clearly very low.
    That's pretty interesting, it is a big number by itself the 50k for example, even 6k joining a mobile game forum if we talking for new players, is also big. I would like to see the comparison with other mobile gaming forums though, we can't compare with..don't know, a Bethesda forum, obviously.