**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Removing Corvus timeout for good would be the downfall of Mcoc

Hear me out. I’m part of the top 10 AQ alli. Been apart of top 20s for awhile. Getting rid of Corvus timeout would be ridiculous, or timeouts in general? Everyone can timeout, Corvus’ glaive charges just give you that extra buffer to take a couple hits or five a few hits before they run out.
You guys are already taking 50% health for the game crashing while playing.
Also if someone is out of resource and doesn’t have the money to buy an Odin. In order to revive your champs it costs over 5$ for a team revive. Level 1 team revives come around once a month maybe. You also take into consideration why people use Corvus timeout. To be in top 10 AQ now, you’re recruiting guys that have R4’s. All these guys aren’t in the same timezones, they’re spread out across the world. I don’t think there’s one top 10 alli where all the players are from the same country, plus take into consideration someone’s work schedule, dudes may be working graveyard, so it’s like they’re on a normal sleep schedule for someone on the other side of the planet. So my situation in particular, by time AQ starts these guys on other continents move then they go to bed. I’m up for the first 11hrs of AQ. If everyone waited around for nodes to clear before we take down mini bosses, AQ might not be finished, or it’ll come down to the wire. I’m order to complete these mini bosses and the boss, A lot of us have to fight noded.
So before you bury yourselves. Reconsider removing timeouts, nobody’s going to spend 5$ a team revive when they die. I say thst because no timeouts mean more resources used, meaning more loyalty store revives used, meaning more pockets that’ll be dug into to revive.
I’d like to see this game survive, so im trying to give you insight on why we use Corvus.

Comments

• Options
    Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    Just curious, does everyone who supports removal of the Corvus “cheese” (using him in an unintended way) also support changes to Ghost and Quake since they are also being used in ways not anticipated upon release (my assumption)? If so, should they also be changed to restore balance to the universe? I guess I just worry about where this stops after folks have literally invested time and/or money chasing these desirable champs for, in some cases, years.
  • Options
    naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    I'm of two minds on this. I am against pausing the game and letting the time expire and going back in to do it all over again. That's just cheap imo and beyond reasonable expectations of how a fight should work.

However, this fix goes beyond just fixing that. It also affects the player who legitimately dances about for the duration of the time and utilizes a legitimate part of corvus' kit. This effectively neutered a key part of his kit. I'm not ok with that. And anyone who is I'd ask why. It has to be more than just wanting people who rely on that to fall on their face.

As distasteful as the former is, and believe me, I'm there with you, it is more distasteful to largely eliminate a key component of a champs kit. No where in his kit does it specify a condition for his immortality as it relates to remaining health. Changing it after the fact to function differently is far worse than the what it goes to fix. At least to me.

You mean there's no other way to solve this problem? Really? That is preposterous. Come up with s better way, I say.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    can someone explain what the corvus timeout cheese is? i've never understood it
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,216 ★★★★★
    Yeah, Potions and revives from glory are so good that every time I use a lvl1 team revive, the sky lights up with firecrackers and theres glitter everywhere. The whopping 350 health is icing with cherry on the top.
    Absolutely Amazing.

Don't care about Corvus timeout, as I don't run suicides, I dont use him anyways.
  • Options
    Clarkkent76Clarkkent76 Posts: 282
    I'm delighted this is happening. Best thing to happen to the game in years. As an alliance that works hard to play AQ the right way and still struggles to break into the top 90 consistently, this will have almost no impact on how we play and will almost certainly boost our ranking as we work our way into map 8.

It's all relative. If you can't do the content then you don't deserve the ranking. Corvus just plays into Kabam's hands anyway as he makes prestige much, much more important because many more alliances can complete the content.

Without Corvus skills and organisation will be a big differentiator again, not just prestige.

• Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Ackbar67 said:

You know how many timeouts I’ve had with Corvus? Take a wild guess, you’ll never believe it. Take the exact number timeouts you’ve had to force multiply that by 6, subtract 88, run a curved graph, add 42 and then divide that by 0

Divide by 0? You've had an undefined number of timeouts?
    You missed the joke. I am saying that I like him a “top tier player” I’ve never had to abuse the cheese like he has.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Corvus cheese is not a necessity to play Map 7. I don’t even bring Corvus or any champ that timeout.
  • Options
    AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    I know at least two more champs that work for timeout cheese. Are they also gonna be affected or is it only a corvus restriction?
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    AATT said:

I know at least two more champs that work for timeout cheese. Are they also gonna be affected or is it only a corvus restriction?

It’s fix the timing out exploit, so it’s not limited to Corvus.

Any champ that times out below 3% will be KOed, which is actually basically how it works now. At the moment any champion that times out below 3% is KOed, unless you’re above 3% in which case you lose 50% health, or unless you are under the effect of indestructible or other ability keeping them from being knocked out.

The change is just that an ability that keeps them from being knocked out will no longer prevent being knocked out when under 3% and timing out.