**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone else think Werewyrm got a bit screwed here?

CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
edited October 2021 in General Discussion
I totally understand unforeseen issues, but I feel like in the case of something like this a rematch is 100% necessary. Losing on a technical issue after all the work they had to put in to get there just really seems unfair to me. Is there something I’m missing that will clarify the situation for me? Or are you guys just moving on from this one?

Edit : I should mention I did not see the ending of the round, so if they still won that’s fine for me, but bugs like these should really be checked on in the future

Comments

• magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    It's too late to do anything about it unfortunately. The winner has probably already got their prizes and Kabam can't just take it away from them now and do a rematch of the semi finals and finals.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    It is unfortunate that the bug happened. It's hard to account for the psychological effects of it happening.

But to say he got screwed is a bit much and takes away from the winner, Happy.

Happy won both matches so the bug happening in were's other match didn't decide the series. Now if he had beaten Happy, kabam would have had a serious issue on their hands cause then everyone would have been 1-1.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    AKKKTEK said:

DrZola said:

It’s a shame. And no one could have seen this type of thing coming.

Dr. Zola

Kabam purposely used an older version of the game for whatever reasons. They should have checked the bugs that were present then and tried to fix it
    This isn't quite right. When a Server Side fix is made, it has to be made to every server individually, and unfortunately, this one was missed. We didn't purposely use an older version of the game.

I do feel really bad for Werewrym on this one. He chose a great counter for P2099, but lost due to a bug.
    Still not fair 👎! Your bug made him lose.This gave unfair advantage to opponent.
    They understand that it's unfair, but there really is no solution at this point that isn't unfair to the other participants.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Kabam purposely used an older version of the game for whatever reasons. They should have checked the bugs that were present then and tried to fix it
    This isn't quite right. When a Server Side fix is made, it has to be made to every server individually, and unfortunately, this one was missed. We didn't purposely use an older version of the game.

I do feel really bad for Werewrym on this one. He chose a great counter for P2099, but lost due to a bug.
    So does that mean you guys are considering a rematch or is that just all to be said on the matter?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Look, the kid lost a video game contest. No lives were lost. Don't act like this is the end of the world.
  • DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Except…. In your statement about it earlier you said, and I quote “ The bug was not caught until the series was over, but due to the fact that we do not believe it would have changed the outcome in selecting the winner, we did not re-do the series.”

Sooo…. Is it he chose a great counter and could have done it but lost due to a bug, OR is it “we do not believe this would have changed the outcome…”???

What a complete and total mess, and it is being double-talked out of the conversation. In my opinion.
    The outcome of the fight wouldn't have affected the outcome of the entire series, where Happy McMuffins swept all of his fights. We're not happy about this either, but made the decision to move forward since it was not noticed until the entire series had wrapped.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Depends on the severity of the bug and it's impact.

If there's significant prize money involved, the organizer should consider a rematch or something to make up to the affected person.

Bugs happen often in online games, even competitive ones and usually players just move on.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Imho, for the better feeling you should consider a fair rematch. If Happy McMuffins wins that one too, he will feel 100% fair victory without any clouds of unfairness