**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Werewrym's Thoughts on the Summoner Showdown 2021

2»

Comments

• KarmaConnectKarmaConnect Posts: 48
    edited October 2021
    Fight duration should be always 0 unless you take down the defender to 100% not inverted as you mentioned. That score was also bugged.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Quick question, how do you pronounce your name? Is it Ware-Wrim or is it Ware-Werm?

And why does the Kabam commentator keep calling you Ware-Werm?
    edited October 2021
    Another quick question Werewyrm - were all contestants sent a package including a webcam and green screen so you could video/broadcast your reaction during the tournament?

Or were you asked to use what you had at home (webcam, etc)

Or were you taken to a secret location for filming?
    Werewrym said:

Another quick question Werewyrm - were all contestants sent a package including a webcam and green screen so you could video/broadcast your reaction during the tournament?

They provide everything the contestants need to film.
    Ahh thought so.. haha..

It's still strange to me that 1 guy in the Asia round (i think) had a fuzzy webcam...
    Malreck04 said:

Werewrym said:

Quick question, how do you pronounce your name? Is it Ware-Wrim or is it Ware-Werm?

And why does the Kabam commentator keep calling you Ware-Werm?

It's Where-rim. They didn't really ask us how to pronounce names, so I think that's how things got confused. To be fair my name is a bit odd.
    Damn.. they dropped the ball big time there man. Sorry to hear that.

Regardless of how weird/odd, they should have made an effort to get it right.

It's about respect in my opinion.
    I mean, that’s just his gamer tag, right??
    Yeah but in the STREET people get killed pronouncing someone's name wrong AMIRITE
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

Ahh thought so.. haha..

It's still strange to me that 1 guy in the Asia round (i think) had a fuzzy webcam...
    Bandwidth says high.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,101 ★★★★

Try not to derail the thread by being critical of kabam everyone else. @Werewrym has a legitimate point to make that should stay up.

I read it all and my take away is;

1. I'd like to watch a vid of him with someone talking it through, perhaps lagacy, seatin or karate Mike
    2. I want a 6 star miles...
    3. The new game mode sounds epic
    4. I'm glad kabam resolved it for him even if they didn't approach it ideally

Nice write up and don't apologise for the length of the post. Nearly all of us wade through @DNA3000 (@DrZola and @Magrailothos too) posts; when it's insightful and relevant an epic post is worth the read.

Thanks, mate. Although I suspect that those four Disagrees you got might have been for mentioning me in the same sentence as DNA...
    ;-) possibly, but that bishop vs havok post, amongst others, means you must be pretty high up on the insightfulness register!
  • TimestoneAdarsHTimestoneAdarsH Posts: 111
    MattMan said:

What was the compensation?

Not really surprised they lied publicly, it’s a Kabam norm.

Maybe he has NDA towards that compensation

Werewrym said:

Ahh thought so.. haha..

Bandwidth says high.
    Ah that's true.. didn't think of that. Also 1 guy the game disconnects during the fight it's probably the same guy with the fuzzy webcam.

Kinda strange though cos Korea & Singapore should have some of the fastest internet connections in the world.
  • Xnmfjx_13Xnmfjx_13 Posts: 16
    @Werewrym i would love to have you on my podcast to talk about what happened and your experience with the new modes and the showdown in general! Please contact me On Twitter https://twitter.com/interviewsxn?s=21
  • Xnmfjx_13Xnmfjx_13 Posts: 16
    Xnmfjx_13 said:

@Werewrym i would love to have you on my podcast to talk about what happened and your experience with the new modes and the showdown in general! Please contact me On Twitter https://twitter.com/interviewsxn?s=21

Or discord: https://discord.gg/bB7kTjEz
  • yup
  • Macan1986Macan1986 Posts: 11
    Lets see how they respond by ignoring most of the points you addressed. Classic "lets ignore it and it will be gone" approach. Unfortunately the way kabam dealth with this situation by cutting the players comments out of video and tryin to "explain" in a post as well as "sorry we will do better next year" is a genuime representation of how they treat all of their player base. Like "no matter what we do we will just throw some potions the peasants way and it will be all good."
  • kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 426 ★★★

Ayoooo, im all for sentinel > warlock

but..

Ultron>sentinel>warlock :)

Wisdom>Ultron>Sentinel>Warlock :)
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    kenadroid said:

Ayoooo, im all for sentinel > warlock

but..

Ultron>sentinel>warlock :)

Wisdom>Sentinel>Ultron>Warlock :)
    I fixed it for you