**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Android game size

NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
Hello,

During the last half of year the only way I could install each new monthly version on Android was to uninstall the previous first. Why? Because apparently 3GB of free space is not enough for the new version to update the old one.
Last month after the uninstall and install each time I logged in I was thrown into a new game with a 1* Spider-Man... and yes, I did select 'Continue existing game'.

This month... even with 3GB of space I cannot install Marvel Contest of Champions.
Is there someone who can share what size has the game now on Android?
I'm just curious...

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
Not sure if anything could help... except a new phone (maybe)... but if you do have some advices they are most welcomed.

Comments

• Options
    MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    I bought iPhone 12 pro Max try same
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,597 ★★★★

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    NoOnexRO said:

Hello,

During the last half of year the only way I could install each new monthly version on Android was to uninstall the previous first. Why? Because apparently 3GB of free space is not enough for the new version to update the old one.
    Last month after the uninstall and install each time I logged in I was thrown into a new game with a 1* Spider-Man... and yes, I did select 'Continue existing game'.

This month... even with 3GB of space I cannot install Marvel Contest of Champions.
    I'm just curious...

Not sure if anything could help... except a new phone (maybe)... but if you do have some advices they are most welcomed.

The size of the game will probably increase gradually over time. Buy a microSD card and transfer files like music, photos and other games to the SD card. That frees up device storage.
  • Options
    Thank you @Renaxqq - so it's below 2GB and still... I cannot install it.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,597 ★★★★
    NoOnexRO said:

Thank you @Renaxqq - so it's below 2GB and still... I cannot install it.

You're welcome!
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    NoOnexRO said:

Hello,

I'm just curious...

This is a side effect of the game growing and expanding. the number of champs with encyclopedia sized information, all the new maps, quests, items, ect., means the game size is going to continue to grow.

Since most of the new phones do not have an SD card, and Android is moving away from moving apps to an SD card, space is going to be a continual issue for devices that have storage constraints.
  • Options
    Indeed, I am aware of everything some of you have pointed out.
    What I cannot understand why 3GB are not enough for a 1.4GB size game.
    Mathematically speaking there is plenty of space... right?