**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

2017 rank up gems in variant 8

Primis00Primis00 Posts: 265 ★★★
Seriously? Its time to bump them up to 2018. There are barely any 2017 champs or lower that are even worth ranking up anymore. These gems are getting less useful with each passing variant. This variant should have had 2018 gems.

Comments

• Options
    EgretM4 said:

Or why don’t we go crazy and go all the way to 2019 and before

Yeah that would be even better. Just anything but 2017 and below only. Its honestly ridicoulus that its still 2017 ones.
  • Options

The rewards are stale, I've gotten 10 r3 6 stars since variant 7 has come out... I already have all the 2017 Champs ranked up so these are so useless lol

Yeah exactly. This is like the 4th variant to have those gems. They should have been upgraded to 2018 gems in variant 7 and now they are still the same in this one.
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Guess kabam hasn't moved on since 2017.
  • Options
    Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    I don’t think kabam has commented on all the questions about this topic but the description is “>2017 rank up gems” so it seems like it might be 2017 and higher rank up gems this time around, I guess we’ll find out soon tho
  • Options
    Pseudo_19 said:

I don’t think kabam has commented on all the questions about this topic but the description is “>2017 rank up gems” so it seems like it might be 2017 and higher rank up gems this time around, I guess we’ll find out soon tho

Well in game it says champions released by the end of 2017. So according to that its the old crappy ones.
  • Options
    Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    Yea it’s the same old ones, they really should get rid of those
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    The Quest itself is a throwback. Wasn't it released in 2017?
  • Options

Uh no i believe it was when venompool was released which was 2016. The gems dont have anything to do with the year the original event quest was released anyway.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    The announcement specifically states it is for champions released in 2016 or before
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Totally agree with op, but in all fairness, we now have 8 buffed champs from 2017, people may want to rank those up (at least the three that deserve it)
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Primis00 said:

Seriously? Its time to bump them up to 2018. There are barely any 2017 champs or lower that are even worth ranking up anymore. These gems are getting less useful with each passing variant. This variant should have had 2018 gems.

Well I mean, several pre and 2017 champions have been buffed and became great since the last variant we had. Ultron for example, qualifies for this gem and he's a top 5 tech no question. Venompool definitely awesome now, and let's not forget Nebula - and more.

I would of course rather have the 2018 gems by now too but I also think it's incorrect to say the value has gone down since last variant, it's definitely gone up...
  • Options
    No_oneuk said:

Primis00 said:

Well I mean, several pre and 2017 champions have been buffed and became great since the last variant we had. Ultron for example, qualifies for this gem and he's a top 5 tech no question. Venompool definitely awesome now, and let's not forget Nebula - and more.

I would of course rather have the 2018 gems by now too but I also think it's incorrect to say the value has gone down since last variant, it's definitely gone up...
    Yeah but 2018 gems could still be used to rank up 2017 and below champions. And you could rank up buffed 2018 champions aswell. Its not like it would hinder the ranking off older champs.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Primis00 said:

Uh no i believe it was when venompool was released which was 2016. The gems dont have anything to do with the year the original event quest was released anyway.
    I see. I always thought there was a correlation.
  • Options
    Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★

The rewards are stale, I've gotten 10 r3 6 stars since variant 7 has come out... I already have all the 2017 Champs ranked up so these are so useless lol

Sorry but the truth is, the whole game is getting stale.
    And the rewards rarely meet the content, Atleast nowadays.
    But that’s just my opinion.

• Options
    Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★
    Putang76 said:

Sorry but the truth is, the whole game is getting stale.
    And the rewards rarely meet the content, Atleast nowadays.
    But that’s just my opinion.

Not just you. It’s dumb. The old rationale of “preserving game economy” etc. is stale and dated as well.

The main caveat here probably is that there are 20-30 more impactful bugs/dumb things that require attention before looking at variant rank-up gem economy.

I think I have 2-3 of these 2017 champs left to rank up, so congratulations to them. It’s Green Goblin’s time to shine!
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited November 2021
    I don’t think it would have hurt for these to be 6* 1-2 gems from pre-2017 champions at all. I mean the main rewards for this quest are all geared towards 6* R2 and 3 - 5* shards notwithstanding, which just shouldn’t be there unless as part of the individual quest completion.

I’m on 18 R3, 10 R2 and 37? R5 5*, I haven’t ranked a 5* past R2 for months and the last time I used a 5* under R5 for anything other than a synergy must be nigh on a year at this stage, I barely use my 5* R5s.

This content should have been endgame and rewarded as such because in 6 months time, it will no longer be endgame and will be a stepping stone for our more junior players as they develop; just like every other piece of permanent content.