**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are you guys joking with this side quest design

Comments

• Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★

R3 cv takes korg in 187 hits, not awful

Apoc does it much faster
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★

Sym Supreme and Diablo didn't have much trouble getting 100% legendary with no items used, but I agree that it's harder than it needs to be.

No items here either I used, sym sup, sor sup, doom and apoc
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Prof x takes Korg easily. Diablo takes terrax and annihilus. Doom takes surfer and and rest of the fights
  • Options
    TeddersTedders Posts: 128 ★★
    For me fewer harder fights are much more fun than daily mindless rinse and repeat quests, having to actually think about what champions i had to use was a nice change
  • Options
    Sirius0130Sirius0130 Posts: 108
    Sorry im using my nickname for him. Anus is ridiculous. I have hard enough time dealing with him without buffs and such. Parries are almost impossible. Cant evade without unstoppable and the he is aggressive as hell The you add him as boss with nuts and even my storm x could barely slow him down. I lost 300 units just to knock iff a 1/8 of his health then quit
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

This is by far the most absurd thing difficulty wise in a SIDE QUEST...this isn't story mode or summer of pain it's a side quest...up the middle ...u got super skrull , Korg , and terrax then annihlus as the boss....good thing I chessed it last week because this is absolutely not worth the time ...10minute fights in a side quest , Ludacris

Luda!

I used Symbiote Supreme and Diablo for the whole thing with Stryfe for the Korg and it wasn't that bad.

Kabam, if you're going to make us bring along a champ, how about hooking up a maxed out 6 star just for that side quest or include global nodes that enhance the crappy 3 star you're making us bring into the equivalent of a maxed out 6.
  • Options
    DiablordDiablord Posts: 504 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Uncollected player who has completed act 5 here,
    I am quite used to completing the epic version of side quests.
    The good side quests have epic versions that are not tough but are a step up in difficulty from master Side quests and are made for uncollected players.
    I have a very diverse roster with counters to many champs or nodes
    The robot version was good and of the correct level.
    This one though,
    My friend who is a conqueror, is used to completing
    Master itemless.
    Now Even he is struggling.
    Kabam Boo said:

Thanks to those of you who continue to provide useful and helpful info. We're definitely talking about it over here! :)

You may be talking about it, but you never use the feedback.

• Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I heard Kabam people read this, so I'd like to point out that I liked the difficulty increase last month and first week of November. Actually was gonna make an appreciative post about that.

But this is a bit overtuned imo. It got to the situation, where it is simply better to do V8. It is easier and has better rewards
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    This week’s is a time suck. Annoying champs, long fights.
    Not particularly difficult, just long, annoying and most importantly… not enjoyable at all.
  • Options
    GarryDKGarryDK Posts: 135 ★★
    This side quest is a piece of work. who ever designed this needs to give their head a wobble.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    @Ethereality that’s just not true, that blade fight was easy if you understood the nodes. Domino demolished him for eg. Sorcerer too.

Actually thought it was a good fight design myself…
  • Options
    DiablordDiablord Posts: 504 ★★★
    Berjibs said:

@Ethereality that’s just not true, that blade fight was easy if you understood the nodes. Domino demolished him for eg. Sorcerer too.

Again -
    You named a few characters, not every character.
    Monthly event quest is supposed to be an easy 3 chapter content that mainly focuses on story content.
    Some fights can be tricky, such as the ikaris in this EQ. Ikaris, is tough but does not need very specific counters.
    Blade needed specific counters.
    206 characters but only 10-20 could beat him without Unit Man.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    I just gave two examples. From memory any champ with a projectile sp1 could easily do that fight. There were also plenty of people on the forums, myself included, offering tgat advice.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 674 ★★★
    I'm think we can all discuss, agree or disagree with each about how easy or not, and which champs best to use. That is the nature of forum and discussion, and we all have a wide range of skills and champs in our own collection. However when it bring out such frustration and even anger (or the very least not having fun) from quite a number of people in the community then something got to be wrong with the content somewhere, especially with these are a number of bugs affecting the key aspect of the key (which is perfect timing input).

Honestly, I can imagine it is hard for everyone, the community is frustrated, the Kabam admins teams is mostly like stress (it is not easy being front line communication, but don't have to resource to fix the problem), and development team might be under staffs, I remember seeing Rich The Man mentioned there are about 50 jobs vacancies.

My own thought of the game itself it more funny nowadays, seeing the poorly designed and unbalance contents coming out the last few months is such a shame for such a great IP. However when I see the Venompool Boss and the 2nd week SQ I just laugh, Korg and Terrax, it is not impossible to beat these 2 champs, but it well known in the community that these are very dislike/annoying champs to fight, and to put them together in the same path,that is just...funny. Since these contents would have been designed at least a few months back, I wouldn't be surprise if this is a leaving joke from an unhappy employee (just a funny thought, I got no evident of anything lol).

I think that MCOC is (was) a great game and an amazing IP, and had much love for it and I would love to see Kabam and MCOC do well, and it is such a shame to see the company (business) making some of the simple mistakes and losing touch with its core customers. Hence why I spent quite a bit of time writing feedback to Kabam and the admins team, but sadly it just get ignore.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1967543#Comment_1967543

It is quite simple:-
    Admins Team:- Just be honest and communicate with your players (customers), be genuinly empathic to their frustration. Even a simple "hey guys/girls, we understand that is lost of issue going on, we are communicating with the developing team and will keep you updated" and then really take action, don't just talk and repeat the same problem next month.

Development team:- Please just test your game, Venompool boss (as well as the SQ and solo tasks from the last previous months), have 1 account in Uncollected level, 1 in Cal, 1 in Thonebreaker and run through your content, great excuse for a break, "hey boss I'm just testing out or MCOC content over a cup of tea" lol.

Planning and Financial team:- give out free stuffs could still get you more money, if your players stay and spent (specially with quite a few spending event coming up). Players quits = no money, simple (the voice of compare the meerkat is in my head lol).

Anyway whatever happen to the game, hope everyone have a good day and a good weekend ahead. There are still many positive things, games, people that we can spent out time with.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Diablord said:

Berjibs said:

Again -
    You named a few characters, not every character.
    Monthly event quest is supposed to be an easy 3 chapter content that mainly focuses on story content.
    Some fights can be tricky, such as the ikaris in this EQ. Ikaris, is tough but does not need very specific counters.
    Blade needed specific counters.
    206 characters but only 10-20 could beat him without Unit Man.
    I wouldn't even go that far to say that 20 could do it, definetely less . Only AA could do it easily, almost effortlessly . If numbers and luck were on your side, other AAR champs such as Domino, duped high sig BW, Taskmaster, Ronin or Psychoman could have a shot too . As mentioned before Sorcerer too but other than AA, downing him had a lot to do with luck because the way the nodes were designed to interact with Blade's abilities. I don't remember the details but it really didn't have much to do with lifecycle itself ( that is well known how to counter) the problem was that due to the nodes, if Blade threw an sp in an inconvenient time ( which happened like 98% of the time) then you were back to square one... or something along the lines of that... don't remember exactly but can look it up for you if you want. Only a 100% AAR champ would completely take luck out of the equation, so that meant a duped 112 sig AA.

The point remains though. Nothing about that Sadistic Blade design changes anything about the point of this thread, it just reinforces it actually.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    @GroundedWisdom

Listening without action just to indulge our complaints is pandering, and I’m sick of us repeating those same complaints every month. I’m sure it’s more of a top-down issue, but between the bugs and weird new pattern of gameplay, you seem to be forgetting that the company has to create an effective game FOR us. Them listening is cute, but it’s always been our game.