**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

No need to nerf anything from Variant 8

Comments

• theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★

I don't usually post but I feel that this is a troll post or just someone who has gotten the rewards and wishing others are unable to

nope. didn’t even explore yet. don’t need those rewards that bad. but if i needed i’d try my best for sure. instead of calling for a nerf in 3rd day.
    Lmfao so you haven’t even touched it yet and saying don’t nerf it. You sure have no opinion until you played it.

I haven’t got to venompool yet so I can’t say how bad the fight is but deadpool xf is bugged. Need that fixed.
    didn’t explore yet doesn’t mean i didn’t complete it. done 3 fights against venompool and all went ok. 4* heck even 3* apoc can do it with max despair.
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 684 ★★★
    Just want 1.2 DPXF to be fixed
    Rookiie said:

That’s your response towards this situation?
    Some war veteran / boomer style advice? “Back in my day we used to work for it ..” drivel?
    You’d do well to read and understand the entirety of the situation before telling people to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
    /whoosh

Bruh one of the bosses outright doesn't work like how it says lol

that would be fixing the bug. and that’s what they should do. fix the bugs and leave the rest.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★

I agree with his sentiment in general, but the rewards for V8 are not enough to

This is not the way that content should be designed, make it difficult yeah. Make it hard yeah. Make it require a ton of skill, wonderful, that’s how you encourage players to progress. Don’t make it require one of several champions and if you don’t have them, well damn, you’re out of luck.

OP I appreciate the thought behind this post, but don’t conflate niche with hard. They’re not the same thing.

Agree. And don’t forget fun. This is a game. It should be fun.
    king 👑 😁
    Literally, LOL.

I don't usually post but I feel that this is a troll post or just someone who has gotten the rewards and wishing others are unable to

nope. didn’t even explore yet. don’t need those rewards that bad. but if i needed i’d try my best for sure. instead of calling for a nerf in 3rd day.
    Lmfao so you haven’t even touched it yet and saying don’t nerf it. You sure have no opinion until you played it.

I haven’t got to venompool yet so I can’t say how bad the fight is but deadpool xf is bugged. Need that fixed.
    didn’t explore yet doesn’t mean i didn’t complete it. done 3 fights against venompool and all went ok. 4* heck even 3* apoc can do it with max despair.
    But I just don’t understand how you don’t think this is too niche.

Where would you draw the line at a fight being too niche? If there’s only 1 counter? 2, 3? How many would you say before a fight is too niche
    i must’ve talked confusing. not saying it’s not niche, it’s ok to be niche.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

I personally feel that v8 venompool is too niche/punishing if u mess up. but I definitely felt this way once completing act 6

And how did you feel when you pulled Cyclops and Antman with the rewards. And your nexus was having to choose between Black bolt, Rocket R and BW

This is the problem: you need to use champions that are not part of the primary pool (no pun intended). You should be able to defeat the final boss with a either Mercenary or Deadpool-style champs. The fact that the best counter is a mutant + science champ for pre-fight is ridiculous. That's poor game design and that along with the bugs (as previously detailed) need to be addressed.
    cannot argue with that. it’s poor design yes
    J0eySn0w said:

I personally feel that v8 venompool is too niche/punishing if u mess up. but I definitely felt this way once completing act 6

And how did you feel when you pulled Cyclops and Antman with the rewards. And your nexus was having to choose between Black bolt, Rocket R and BW
    one thing you’re missing is this is a long term game. so even if you pull a bad champion from it it can be useful in the future or you just having him is a bonus for your roster.

personally; after beating a hard content with strategy i didn’t care about the rewards.

Where would you draw the line at a fight being too niche? If there’s only 1 counter? 2, 3? How many would you say before a fight is too niche
    You misunderstand me. I know you aren’t saying it’s not niche. I’m saying when does a fight become too niche?

How few counters for a fight can there be before you would say, oh this fight doesn’t have enough counters to be good design? Put a number on it for me.
    1 or 2.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    The community is merely asking for the content to meet its own criteria.
    A boss that launches special attacks when they shouldn't be able to and a final boss that alienates almost all mecenary champs (whom the content is literally geared towards) is unjust.
    Asking players to champion through bugged content or wait for champs that they shouldn't be relying on to begin with is a clear misunderstanding of the problem.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★

You misunderstand me. I know you aren’t saying it’s not niche. I’m saying when does a fight become too niche?

How few counters for a fight can there be before you would say, oh this fight doesn’t have enough counters to be good design? Put a number on it for me.
    1 or 2.
    Your already said it porr designed not more to said you you opinion is fine personally can’t said much but I’m was very frustrated with the bug one the lifecycle and the no sp bug didn’t use anything just frustrating vp wil be the same

1 or 2.
    213 playable champs in the game. But a fight that has 3 counters isn’t too niche? 1.4% of the characters in the game can do it, but that’s not too niche?

I can’t argue with your opinion and make you change it, but I hope you see how ridiculous that is. And from that, change it yourself.

Kabam are changing the fight, they know somethings wrong with it. The top option in a Merc variant is a non-Merc, they know that’s wrong. The community can see there’s something wrong with it. Even the major proponents of content being hard, of which I am usually one, can realise that a fight being too niche is a problem.

But sure, if you want to swim against the tide and say that the only time content is too niche is when it has 1 or 2 counters, but 3 is fine, nobody can stop you. But not only are the majority of the community against you, so are Kabam right now.

I find it baffling how you can still think this venompool fight shouldn’t be changed, after you yourself admitted you think it’s poor design. But each to their own.
    we’ve seen a lot of poor designs in this game. it doesn’t have to be the best design everytime. although i agree that it’s a poor design, my objection was to the people who are complaining about the difficulty in the first place. they’re separate things.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    After running another oath in last quest and dying to venom pool, please kabam retune the boss
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

1 or 2.
    213 playable champs in the game. But a fight that has 3 counters isn’t too niche? 1.4% of the characters in the game can do it, but that’s not too niche?

I can’t argue with your opinion and make you change it, but I hope you see how ridiculous that is. And from that, change it yourself.

Kabam are changing the fight, they know somethings wrong with it. The top option in a Merc variant is a non-Merc, they know that’s wrong. The community can see there’s something wrong with it. Even the major proponents of content being hard, of which I am usually one, can realise that a fight being too niche is a problem.

But sure, if you want to swim against the tide and say that the only time content is too niche is when it has 1 or 2 counters, but 3 is fine, nobody can stop you. But not only are the majority of the community against you, so are Kabam right now.

I find it baffling how you can still think this venompool fight shouldn’t be changed, after you yourself admitted you think it’s poor design. But each to their own.
    we’ve seen a lot of poor designs in this game. it doesn’t have to be the best design everytime. although i agree that it’s a poor design, my objection was to the people who are complaining about the difficulty in the first place. they’re separate things.
    Who’s complaining about the difficulty? I really just think you’re sticking your fingers in your ears on this point. People think it’s too niche, not too difficult.

It’s not a hard fight, it has several counters and that is it.

1 or 2.

Who’s complaining about the difficulty? I really just think you’re sticking your fingers in your ears on this point. People think it’s too niche, not too difficult.

It’s not a hard fight, it has several counters and that is it.
    i saw a lot of folks complained about difficulty. and that was because it’s a niche fight. they weren’t be able to use their other champions in their team. or they don’t wanna go 600 hits waiting for perfect rng (domino) or they don’t wanna rankup their yellowjackets or venompools, or don’t wanna invest despair mastery.

my point from the beginning is stop complaining and do it with what you have. even if it’s a 4* apoc or you need to max despair, or rankup VP/YJ. or have patience with domino.

and of course this suggestion was not for a player like you who’ve been complaining about the aesthetics of the fight.