**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

No need to nerf anything from Variant 8

Comments

• Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    It's safe to say you're the only one who believes that. Which is fine: fully explore this variant before the nerf. But leave the rest alone.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Wiredawg1 said:

The op is completely out of touch. You compare v8 to v1. That’s like comparing apples and oranges. When v1 came out. That was end game content. Was even said was with niche fights. V8 is NOT suppose to be end game content so there should be zero niche fights with 1-2 counters to it. And if I recall kabam said they was doing away with niche fights in permanent content. Yet here we are

my post was for progressing players. not the guys are at endgame content. they can do it itemless or with less items. sorry for misunderstanding.
    Rookiie said:

I don't usually post but I feel that this is a troll post or just someone who has gotten the rewards and wishing others are unable to

nope. didn’t even explore yet. don’t need those rewards that bad. but if i needed i’d try my best for sure. instead of calling for a nerf in 3rd day.
    Lmfao so you haven’t even touched it yet and saying don’t nerf it. You sure have no opinion until you played it.

I haven’t got to venompool yet so I can’t say how bad the fight is but deadpool xf is bugged. Need that fixed.
    didn’t explore yet doesn’t mean i didn’t complete it. done 3 fights against venompool and all went ok. 4* heck even 3* apoc can do it with max despair.
    But I just don’t understand how you don’t think this is too niche.

Where would you draw the line at a fight being too niche? If there’s only 1 counter? 2, 3? How many would you say before a fight is too niche
    i must’ve talked confusing. not saying it’s not niche, it’s ok to be niche.
    You misunderstand me. I know you aren’t saying it’s not niche. I’m saying when does a fight become too niche?

How few counters for a fight can there be before you would say, oh this fight doesn’t have enough counters to be good design? Put a number on it for me.
    1 or 2.
    213 playable champs in the game. But a fight that has 3 counters isn’t too niche? 1.4% of the characters in the game can do it, but that’s not too niche?

I can’t argue with your opinion and make you change it, but I hope you see how ridiculous that is. And from that, change it yourself.

Kabam are changing the fight, they know somethings wrong with it. The top option in a Merc variant is a non-Merc, they know that’s wrong. The community can see there’s something wrong with it. Even the major proponents of content being hard, of which I am usually one, can realise that a fight being too niche is a problem.

But sure, if you want to swim against the tide and say that the only time content is too niche is when it has 1 or 2 counters, but 3 is fine, nobody can stop you. But not only are the majority of the community against you, so are Kabam right now.

I find it baffling how you can still think this venompool fight shouldn’t be changed, after you yourself admitted you think it’s poor design. But each to their own.
    we’ve seen a lot of poor designs in this game. it doesn’t have to be the best design everytime. although i agree that it’s a poor design, my objection was to the people who are complaining about the difficulty in the first place. they’re separate things.
    Who’s complaining about the difficulty? I really just think you’re sticking your fingers in your ears on this point. People think it’s too niche, not too difficult.

It’s not a hard fight, it has several counters and that is it.
    and of course this suggestion was not for a player like you who’ve been complaining about the aesthetics of the fight.

Then who was the suggestion for?
    It really feels like you just came on here to flex some superiority.
    no. it’s for progressing players. idk if you’re one of them. wasn’t even trying to be rude. no hard feelings.
    Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

The op is completely out of touch. You compare v8 to v1. That’s like comparing apples and oranges. When v1 came out. That was end game content. Was even said was with niche fights. V8 is NOT suppose to be end game content so there should be zero niche fights with 1-2 counters to it. And if I recall kabam said they was doing away with niche fights in permanent content. Yet here we are

my post was for progressing players. not the guys are at endgame content. they can do it itemless or with less items. sorry for misunderstanding.
    You are still out of touch. This is not suppose to be end game content. Which this fight is.
    let’s not label every hard or niche fight as an endgame content/or not. just find your way. there are options to do it.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

I don't usually post but I feel that this is a troll post or just someone who has gotten the rewards and wishing others are unable to

nope. didn’t even explore yet. don’t need those rewards that bad. but if i needed i’d try my best for sure. instead of calling for a nerf in 3rd day.
    Lmfao so you haven’t even touched it yet and saying don’t nerf it. You sure have no opinion until you played it.

I haven’t got to venompool yet so I can’t say how bad the fight is but deadpool xf is bugged. Need that fixed.
    didn’t explore yet doesn’t mean i didn’t complete it. done 3 fights against venompool and all went ok. 4* heck even 3* apoc can do it with max despair.
    But I just don’t understand how you don’t think this is too niche.

Where would you draw the line at a fight being too niche? If there’s only 1 counter? 2, 3? How many would you say before a fight is too niche
    i must’ve talked confusing. not saying it’s not niche, it’s ok to be niche.
    You misunderstand me. I know you aren’t saying it’s not niche. I’m saying when does a fight become too niche?

How few counters for a fight can there be before you would say, oh this fight doesn’t have enough counters to be good design? Put a number on it for me.
    1 or 2.
    213 playable champs in the game. But a fight that has 3 counters isn’t too niche? 1.4% of the characters in the game can do it, but that’s not too niche?

I can’t argue with your opinion and make you change it, but I hope you see how ridiculous that is. And from that, change it yourself.

Kabam are changing the fight, they know somethings wrong with it. The top option in a Merc variant is a non-Merc, they know that’s wrong. The community can see there’s something wrong with it. Even the major proponents of content being hard, of which I am usually one, can realise that a fight being too niche is a problem.

But sure, if you want to swim against the tide and say that the only time content is too niche is when it has 1 or 2 counters, but 3 is fine, nobody can stop you. But not only are the majority of the community against you, so are Kabam right now.

I find it baffling how you can still think this venompool fight shouldn’t be changed, after you yourself admitted you think it’s poor design. But each to their own.
    we’ve seen a lot of poor designs in this game. it doesn’t have to be the best design everytime. although i agree that it’s a poor design, my objection was to the people who are complaining about the difficulty in the first place. they’re separate things.
    Who’s complaining about the difficulty? I really just think you’re sticking your fingers in your ears on this point. People think it’s too niche, not too difficult.

It’s not a hard fight, it has several counters and that is it.
    and of course this suggestion was not for a player like you who’ve been complaining about the aesthetics of the fight.

Then who was the suggestion for?
    It really feels like you just came on here to flex some superiority.
    no. it’s for progressing players. idk if you’re one of them. wasn’t even trying to be rude. no hard feelings.

No hard feelings at all mate. I respect your opinion. I’m just flabbergasted. The design was a mess and inexcusable imo.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    So tell me a merc or deadpool that can do it with no senergys or rng based
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I got to disagree here, I've completed everything in the game thus far, been playing since 06 and there's nothing fun in chasing champ try opening 30 6 star for a champ and end up with 30 champs that what the community call meme tier , and variant 1 was horrible i did it within 3 days and it felt like i was being punish. I don't think a game should feel like punishment, i know i play a game for fun and to take my mind off daily task so if i have to play a game that seem like a job or i feel punish for not having certain champ i think that game is no longer fun.

Dang bro. That might be a record amount of dislikes if you exclude Kabam accounts

that’s freedom of speech.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The argument isn't that it needs to be nerfed. It's that the Bosses need to be fixed.
  • Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Posts: 73
    This variant is a fail. For progressing players an those with big rosters but not end game. 1 of the best champs to use is behind a pay wall an a good amount of the champs you can use nobody is ranking up anytime soon. Rewards arent worth it now an wont be in a year or two either.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★
    This thread already received a cleaning treatment from kabam side
  • Champ_ZChamp_Z Posts: 155
    Someone's looking for some attention I see, good job kid
  • MisterSwinMisterSwin Posts: 20
    I won't say you're wrong, but you're not right either
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    The new one seems in line with the difficultly of the content

yes. can’t say it’s a nerf. it looks like they removed a cheese option and that’ll always be welcome by me.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

yes. can’t say it’s a nerf. it looks like they removed a cheese option and that’ll always be welcome by me.
    Cheese?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★

Yes what chess
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Without commenting on your premise, I must point out your OP has now exceeded my entire profile on disagrees. And Ive been saying stupid **** here for 4 years. Congratulations?
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    When V1 came out we couldn't get comparable rewards anywhere else in the game.....it ws the hardcore endgame content of that time designed fr the best of the best top tier players only & offered top tier rewards
    The average cost of exploration ws somewhere around labyrinth exploration costs
    Rewards of V8 aren't even worth it fr most people to be bothered too much about it so it totally doesn't deserve to be how it is
    The difficulty is already overtuned fr the level of rewards it offers considering the champion restrictions