What is a Mid Game Summoner?

Denslo500Denslo500 Member Posts: 905 ★★★
This term has been used to describe the difficulty level for Variant 8.
If we look at the PI of opponents, then Late Act 6 is Mid Game.
What is mid game to you?

What is a Mid Game Summoner? 182 votes

Working on Act 4 100% with 3 and 4*s
3% 7 votes
Working on Act 5 100% with 4 and 5*s
24% 45 votes
Working on completing Act 6 with 5*s
59% 108 votes
Working on Act 7 with 6*s
6% 12 votes
100% story mode and working on Abyss
2% 4 votes
I don't do story mode, but AQ map 5x5 is my thing
0% 0 votes
I don't do story mode, but AQ map 8x5 is my thing
0% 0 votes
other
3% 6 votes

Comments

• unoobmeprounoobmepro Member Posts: 899 ★★★
    I am
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★

I am

Me too
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Member Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

A mid-player to me is:
    - Cavalier
    - working towards Act 6 completion, LoL or Variant content
    - Is able to do Legendary difficulty in SQ (probably not this month)
    - Does atleast monthly Cav completion of chapter 1 or sometimes chapter 2
    - Has a reasonable roster with some R5 5* and R2 6*, but not like all 5* or dozens of 6*
    - Has 1 million or more total hero rating and 9k or more prestige
    - skill level is attuned to let's say 30k-35k PI regular defenders and 60k-70k bosses

I agree but with one small caveat: Hero rating is not a good determinant of skill or progression. I was 1 mil before I got TB while I know 2 ally mates with several R3 who recently hit 1 mil and I suspect they're not the only ones. The difference being that I havea ton of R4 5*, r3 - r5 4* max 3* and 2* which inflated my rating. I also didn't sell many champs
    I said one million because I do not consider players with less developed rosters not really "mid-player". I have no data on account dates, but the average player does seem to play at least 2 years, which is more than enough time to acquire and rank-up the amount of champions to reach a total champion rating of 1 million or more.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Member Posts: 905 ★★★
    According to the poll, the PI's of Variant 8 are definitely mid-game summoner level.
    So Kabam was perfect there.

Variants also have a history of being roster selective (Sentinel, Villains, Heros, XL, rhino, venom).
    So Par for the course (though this may be the most selective yet).

Kabam has said they are fixing the broken bosses/nodes.

I guess we are good then?
  • MojoHaterMojoHater Member Posts: 244 ★★
    edited November 2021
    Denslo500 said:

This term has been used to describe the difficulty level for Variant 8.
    If we look at the PI of opponents, then Late Act 6 is Mid Game.
    What is mid game to you?

umm i am TB at 7.3 and still not excited to do V8 because its looking pretty buggy, im too lazy and rewards aint enticing enough lol
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Member Posts: 891 ★★★

Perfect
  • phil56201phil56201 Member Posts: 986 ★★★

I consider uc players mid game cuz it's the progression level right in the middle

Maybe when Cav was the top title, that argument could be made, but now I consider UC the lowest title for all intents and purposes. The titles below UC are completely irrelevant and the way Kabam tiers offers these days are TB gets top tier, then a tier for Cavalier, and lastly Uncollected and below.

A mid-player to me is:
    - Cavalier
    - Has a reasonable roster with some R5 5* and R2 6*, but not like all 5* or dozens of 6*
    - skill level is attuned to let's say 30k-35k PI regular defenders and 60k-70k bosses

I have 5 r3's and Im not sure I've broken 750k rating
    That's what I call
    Mid-player
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Member Posts: 311 ★★

A mid-player to me is:
    - Cavalier

Bruh I would consider myself a mid game player and I only have 310k hero rating. I’m Cavalier, usually do Legendary SQ. Gonna try cav EQ. No r5 5* or r2 6*. And a very very limited roster. Only 5 6* totals and like 30ish 5*.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Member Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    All these ppl voting for mid game player to be someone working on completing act 6 isn't accurate.

Act 6 has some of the toughest content till date, I'd argue it's tougher than act 7.

Someone who's working on Act 5 exploration is more like a mid game player, whether they're cavalier yet or not.

If someone's working on Act 6, their progression level is about 3/4th in the game because I'm sure they've done a few variants as well.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Member Posts: 1,236 ★★★★
    I'd say a thronebreaker that hasn't completed the end game content 100% like AOL and all Variants
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Member Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

A mid-player to me is:
    - Cavalier

Bruh I would consider myself a mid game player and I only have 310k hero rating. I’m Cavalier, usually do Legendary SQ. Gonna try cav EQ. No r5 5* or r2 6*. And a very very limited roster. Only 5 6* totals and like 30ish 5*.
    I get that with a few luck, a faster learning curve and a big wallet you can become cavalier with just R4 5*, but that doesn't mean you're mid-game. For you, the game has just begun. You will need to develop your roster further.
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Member Posts: 311 ★★

A mid-player to me is:
    - Cavalier

I get that with a few luck, a faster learning curve and a big wallet you can become cavalier with just R4 5*, but that doesn't mean you're mid-game. For you, the game has just begun. You will need to develop your roster further.
    Yeah when I think about it I would say once you finish around act 6 then you would become mid game. Just based on the fact that there’s much harder content after act 6. I would never even think about starting LOL or AOL. I would say I’m early mid game if anything then. But I haven’t spent that much money. Just $5 deals for units and daily unit card. I’ve just been played for a long time so I’m pretty decent at the game.

A mid-player to me is:
    - Cavalier

I have 5 r3's and Im not sure I've broken 750k rating
    That's what I call
    Mid-player
    @I_tell_no_tales_1 , 5 r3 6 stars and 11.5k prestige is a mid game player? Ur account must be really op lmao
    I am not a 11.5 k prestige player
    I never said that I have
    ... I just agreed with the guy who has 5* r3 and hasn't broken 1 million milestone ( just like me )
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    I am TB, I have 8 6R3s and I have explored all variants (except 1 and 8). I have explored story up to 7.1 and completed up to 7.2.

But I have not explored Act 6 or touched Abyss.

And I DON’T consider myself an end game player…
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Member Posts: 905 ★★★
    The next question is:
    If Variant 8 difficulty is Mid-Game, are the REWARDS mid game?

Here, I think Kabam is off.
    If Act 6 is mid game, then you have to have a developed 5* roster and trying to improve your 6*'s to take on Act 7 content.
    Their rewards are targeted at 5* champs.

Opinions?
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Member Posts: 805 ★★★
    Uncollected player to Player who's caviler, does gold 3 wars and has map 5 aq expirence.
    Usually gets really depressing offers and deals and is abused by mr sinister boss.
    Focusses on 5* roster development.
    Can deal with 100k-150k health fights and has decent skill