**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Accounts and Unit Gain - A Problem or A Solution?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Can't wait to see kabam let people do this then once gifting is done they'll be like this was not how the game was intended to be played. All who took advantage of this will be penalized with negative credits.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    I think they should just make gifting require at least the cavalier title. No one is gonna exploit that. Because no one is gonna take THAT much time. Or remove it. IDC.
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    It's not a problem to begin with.

It does not need any solution. Grind if you want to. Don't if you don't want to. Don't say he will gain more than you. They are not taking from your pockets.

Everyone does not have the time to do the grind that BG suggests. Honestly I'm disappointed in him that he'd thrown around such absurd numbers without thinking about the bigger picture of how it'll affect people's thinking about the changes.
  • Options
    SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★

I think they should just make gifting require at least the cavalier title. No one is gonna exploit that. Because no one is gonna take THAT much time. Or remove it. IDC.

I would think making the gifting badge have uncollected title requirement would work. New accounts can get there quickly but no one is going to grind 10 new accounts to uncollected just for gifting crystals.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,140 ★★★★★
    Snakep said:

I would think making the gifting badge have uncollected title requirement would work. New accounts can get there quickly but no one is going to grind 10 new accounts to uncollected just for gifting crystals.
    Problem with trying to lock this around progression level is that there are plenty players who (a) don't use the forms and (b) don't watch youtubers who aren't even aware of gifting much less "exploits". A player can reach level 25 & uncollecte din a week easy if they are veterans with time.

It's much wiser to limit the restriction to new accounts created since the act 1-3 revision (which is where all these "extra exploitable" units are coming from).

The people who would take advantage of this change (it's not an exploit really) would be players who have been playing on their main or other duplicate accounts before the changes that were implemented in the past week.

Of course the issue is that someone still suffers - the legitimately new players who after a month get introduced to this great event, but it makes more sense than punishing someone who may have started a new account in September adn is still not uncollected yet. People who are not high level still have restrictions like not being able to auto play or carry more than 3 or 4 champs in quests, so blocking gifting for accounts less than a month old seems in line with the kind of restrictions.

Not everyone plays this game like a job, as most forum users do.

So i suspect given there is no solution that doesn't hurt anyone, nothing will happen as reverting the acts to their previous form isn't on the table.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Y’all can stop commenting on this one and comment on the one with the admin comment because you’ll get more of a response there
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,189 ★★★★
    Kabam Mike has addressed the issue most probably they will impose restrictions on accounts like they must be 6months or older or they must be level 33
  • Options
    UnitboyUnitboy Posts: 31

Kabam Mike has addressed the issue most probably they will impose restrictions on accounts like they must be 6months or older or they must be level 33

6 months old is not at all fair