**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What is going to happen?

Kabam, with the gifting event drawing nearer, I think we all want to know what you are going to do about how fast people can grind units. It would suck to do another month of grinding alt accounts before we find out if they will be allowed or not.

Comments

• Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Don't think any clarification would be given before patch notes
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

I mean, people creating alts are still spending time in game grinding so what's the issue? I highly doubt people are making tons of alts to grind because people still have lives. Ive seen the BG video discussed but someone grinding to even close to that degree is pretty unrealistic.

7 GGCs per new account, three accounts a day, 8H per day: if I sell GGCs that I get from a single account for 40$ (resonable and competitive price, you would pay 70$ to get 7 GGCs by yourself) I can now earn 120$ a day tax-free, or almost. That means 3600$ in a month worth of effort, effort that can be comparable to a job. Now tell me, would you work 8H a day for 3600$ a month? I would. So no, it surely isn't unrealistic, sadly :-(
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    There's nothing that can be done about it this year. My proposed idea is to create a new currency for new accounts to prevent farming of early content units.

Story content containing units would be given as account credits. Used just the same as units but not be able to be spent on GGC and trading. New accounts can buy units like they currently can and can also run arena for regular units.

New account credits will stop after Act 4 or after becoming level 50. This eliminates new account farming completely.
  • Options
    I actually think this is pretty easy to solve. Any accounts that start in December onwards are not able to participate. Done.
  • Options
    And to say this type of grind is unrealistic is just false. People have spent tens of thousands of dollars on gifting alone. Do you think they would just rather put in a bit of effort and save that money? Probably
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Remove the gifting event entirely lol
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Simple solution. Add up all the units that’s in acts1-3 completion and exploitation. And give those to people who have already completed them. This will give those cry babies the “easy” units.
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★

I mean, people creating alts are still spending time in game grinding so what's the issue? I highly doubt people are making tons of alts to grind because people still have lives. Ive seen the BG video discussed but someone grinding to even close to that degree is pretty unrealistic.

7 GGCs per new account, three accounts a day, 8H per day: if I sell GGCs that I get from a single account for 40$ (resonable and competitive price, you would pay 70$ to get 7 GGCs by yourself) I can now earn 120$ a day tax-free, or almost. That means 3600$ in a month worth of effort, effort that can be comparable to a job. Now tell me, would you work 8H a day for 3600$ a month? I would. So no, it surely isn't unrealistic, sadly :-(
    Anyone that pays $40 for 7 gifted GGCs is an absolute idiot. You’d be very hard pressed to find anyone paying that let alone a hundred people. People buy GGCs on their main because of the solo and alliance rewards, not for the GGC contents; those are just bonuses.
  • Options
    ProjectileProjectile Posts: 25

Simple solution. Add up all the units that’s in acts1-3 completion and exploitation. And give those to people who have already completed them. This will give those cry babies the “easy” units.

It’s funny when you can go back and look at other peoples posts.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,188 ★★★★
    Kabam can just release a new currency for every gifting like the gamma currency and people can buy ggc's by using that currency and can gift to their alliance mates
    Then there will be no need to spend units and those who want can grind the currency from alts and gift it to their mains
  • Options
    The most they should do is act 3 completion, level 25, and account created 30 days prior to event. Keeping the same alliance rules as last year.

Other than that, if people really want to grind 8 hours a day and end up with 300 GGC, so what. Not like they are getting this massive advantage. Most people spending that kind of time are only after end game rewards. They’d get some iso, about 30 six star sig stones, 70k 6-star shards, a bunch of 5-star shards, a bunch of t4b, 1 t5b. And that’s about it.

People that don’t have all content explored would be better off putting that time in content versus alts. They’d net much better rewards.
  • Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★

I made an account last week. Tomorrow is day 7 so I get the 200 units from the login calendar.
    I have a few paths left to explore in Act 3, which I do on auto combat.
    By the time I'm done with them I'll have 3k units, gathered in a week with let's say 1, maybe 2 hours of gameplay per day.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Adevati said:

People that don’t have all content explored would be better off putting that time in content versus alts. They’d net much better rewards.

Would they though?
    Given that most people (that are willing to spend 6+ hours grinding every day) need to focus on 6-stars and mats for those champs; yes.

Based on estimates, 300GGC would net about 70k 6-star shards. Exploring 7.1-7.3 gives 4 Nexus excluding completion rewards. I’d take 4 nexus over 70k.

The bulk of GGC contents favor 5-star progression.

• Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    DrZola said:

Unless I’m missing something:

1) It is perfectly fine to have multiple accounts
    2) Obtaining units from early content requires actual, legal game play
    3) Prizes obtained from actual, legal gameplay are determined and sanctioned by the team
    4) If someone wants to create new and/or reactivate old accounts to play early content they’ve never played, there’s nothing wrong with that
    5) In fact, getting people to spend time and/or money on gameplay is literally the point of MCoC

I realize the scenario many people fear may not have been foreseen by the team (although it should have been). However, in my view, regulating or restricting it after the fact at this point will further strain player-gameteam relations and reinforce the notion that the team isn’t in control of its game.

Dr. Zola

Yeah, pretty much

You can't auto-fight that early, so you can't just watch Sersi (attempt to, because AI) KO everything, you have to play.

Exploring Act 1 and 2 several times is going to get a bit mind-numbing, but I might as well use my six year old accounts and treat myself this year

Anything is better than ever touching Global, I'm sure
  • Options
    CaboDestro1CaboDestro1 Posts: 54
    Don't mind grinding and multiple accounts if you personally want. There's always a better accounts than yours.I just mind the bots and mercs that will get the RANK REWARDS because of it.