**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hawkeye buff

Comments

• What I don’t like is how he can technically miss in game. Cool, he can apply a slow which only affects unstoppable and evade. How about miss. I don’t see anything like vigilance in there anywhere
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Wheres the spotlight if i dont want to waste 10 minutes watching
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Wheres the spotlight if i dont want to waste 10 minutes watching

just Google it, takes 30 seconds tops
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Overall, I’m fairly excited for this buff. The new time slowing mechanic is quite interesting and I’d love to see it in action. Having the slow on heavy is nice, although it would’ve been nice to refresh or pause it without a synergy, but it’s nowhere near being a deal breaker. He does need to have his sig in order to get his crit bleeds, hopefully the only thing that changes with sig level is the physical resistance decrease. I’m curious to see if the suppression stacks, if so then it seems like he can get some really great power control now since you can increase the duration by getting perfect releases. Really hopeful for this buff, I’m looking forward to it more than Joe’s buff.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★

Hawkeye seems very good. Don’t think he needs to be awakened either as all his utility is in his base kit, you would only be missing out on damage. Looks like he could be a top skill 👀

I think Hawkeye is ok unawaken but gets more damage at higher signature level.. maybe sig200 to maximize bleed potential.

I have a 5* sig200 only rank2.. maybe rank up is in order
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★

Hawkeye seems very good. Don’t think he needs to be awakened either as all his utility is in his base kit, you would only be missing out on damage. Looks like he could be a top skill 👀

the spotlight says his sig ability is "paramount" so i'd wager it's pretty essential according to Kabam.

the spotlight says his sig ability is "paramount" so i'd wager it's pretty essential according to Kabam.
    If only he had better prestige…

if I like him enough I think I’ll still commit my meager five star sigs into him
  • Hawkeye seems very good. Don’t think he needs to be awakened either as all his utility is in his base kit, you would only be missing out on damage. Looks like he could be a top skill 👀

if I like him enough I think I’ll still commit my meager five star sigs into him
    Does seem he really only needs sig1 right.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★

yeah can't win them all lol
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Another thing that I really like that I forgot to mention was his SHIELD synergy that gives him poison immunity against non-mutants. While it would’ve been nice to see this in the base kit, I think this’ll be quite useful seeing as how I believe this makes him the first skill champ to have poison immunity in some shape or form. I think part of the reason I like it so much is because I no longer have to worry about multiple champs dying to Abom and Ibom in the skill quest of Cav EQ lol.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★

1)his power drain on sp1 is a bit lower but combined with suppression debuff I think it's same if not better
    2)slow on heavy attacks is a nice piece of utility
    3)his bleed on special attack got nerfed significantly

But also can be critical bleeds and you can pause them so they might be better actually
    4)his sp2 could have more utility and one advice for kabam : just get rid of block Proficiency reduction. It isn't useful at all. Replace it with AAR
    5)I wish his sp2 also had a power lock
    6) it seems he needs to be awakened to apply critical bleeds which I'm not a fan of
    7)this buff looks actually good and useful. No game changer but any improvement would be greatly appreciated

Most of the damage is hid behind awakened ability. Which is in contrast to gamora and thor buffs. This is concerning.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★

What does this mean

He counters korg and thing's rock based abilities. Unstoppable, unblockable , the free damage you take from hitting korg etc
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

Wow they messed up the one reason to use him. Sp1 power drain. Using big numbers like 75% ss fooling nobody here. A power drain that drains more than a full bar is much more useful in real game applications than combat power rate decrease. It is good to keep enemy from getting to sp3 . If the added benefit was an enervate or combat power icrease for hawkeye below 1 bar change to power drain could have been justified.

Hawkeye's main use was to play with making enemies do as less specials at all, in the hands of a good player you could have played in a way enemy never throws a special. bye bye to that.

"Hey this guy has synergies so we are not gonna add it it base" sounds like a bad excuse here. His synergy with tigra could have been moved to base kit . Only added benefit here is slow and bleed damage. Kabam clearly didnt learn from Guillotine buff backlash. The tigra poisons does not benefit from his base kit whatsoever, nor from deep wounds.

There is at least 10 great hawkeye buff ideas submitted by players in forum and kabam could ve picked a few of them and we would have had a better champion but no. Against bleed immune he may as well be a potato. If he could trigger shock against bleed immune champs that be something. No anti miss mechanic for the best marksman in Marvel? Really?

Hawkeye was one of those champs in a class who did something most champs in class didnt do. Control. He had so much potential and is now another one trick pony. Useless versus non bleeders .

Assume you have one champ in quest who he cannot bleed and now you want to switch to poisons and bring tigra. He will be significantly worse vs everyone else in path. This could ve easily circumvented by giving him a pre fight arrow selection. Or if he triggered shock vs bleed immune champs.

All in all this seems the bare minimum they could have been done to a champion buff that has been requested for over 6 years. You could have slapped this on BPCW, Elektra and called it an elektra buff. This is not a hawkeye buff. I doubt there is much hope for og avengers to be decent from this info.

This is another "Oooh Damage" buffs. And an extremely missed opportunity to show kabam's creative side. The mechanics already exist in game to do this.

If you need more time take it, take more time that stick to 2 champ buffs a month or dont feel obliged to deliver buffs same day the patch gors through. We can wait, as long as you deliver good content we are ready to wait, pay and play. Please stop taking the easy way out.

PS: Saw a tweet saying people just want all buffs to be magneto or ultron.

Ultron has been bugged for months and magneto can easily be countered by 1-2 basic of basics of nodes in game.

Not all champs has to be game breakers but they should bring something thay makes a difference, unique to the character that has use within game universe at present and not unique for name sake. A buff in 2021 Nov should not look like it was cooked up in 2017-18

Every time a champion gets buffed someone complains. Sure his sp1 power was nerfed but outside of early act 5 and maybe some variants, were you really going to bring him when there are better power control options? To me, he looks very good on paper, but it's still very early to judge and we should wait until the buff is live. This is not like the Hood situation. HE's power drain is still there, although weaker. I'll give you that.
    Regarding his damage, you said that most of it is locked behind his sig ability and that is not true. Each basic attack will be able to pause the bleeds for 1 second, which is more damage in the long run, and most likely we will be able to maintain those bleeds for the whole fight. You say against bleed immunes he's a potato, and yet, that's the case for other skill champions. Nick Fury's damage output is significantly reduced is the opponent can't be bled, but no one says he's bad.
    And the best thing to me is that he seems like he will be really fun to play. I will reserve my final judgment for when the buff goes live, and if it turns out to be as bas as you say, I will eat my words. But I think you're being too quick to dismiss it.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Power control seems better wth
  • Power control seems better wth

Except its not in cases were passive power gain is in play.
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Posts: 901 ★★★
    His Sp1 is what made him a underrated, why nerf his best ability?
    Should leave sp1 as is and focus the buff elsewhere
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Looking at the buff, I see players who have skill and patience getting a lot of damage out of him.

He can do a lot. How effective it will be determined when the buff is live.

Question on the SP2: why is it called incendiary when there’s no incinerate? What’s the deal there?

Incendiary definition - (of a device or attack) designed to cause fires.

?
  • AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    Drake2078 said:

It was almost certain that they would change some aspect of the power drain sp1, despite a large amount of feedback asking them not to. For some reason the buff design philosophy seems to revolve around giving with one hand and taking with the other. Time will tell if it’s actually better or worse in different situations.

I’m choosing to be optimistic and have taken mine to R2, I liked him a lot already. I just wish they had added in another DOT mechanic so that he had some way to deal with bleed immunes (again, huge amount of feedback asking for this). He doesn’t have to be the best character in the game versus bleed immune characters but it would be nice if he was still effective against them instead of being effectively nerfed when bleed isn’t an option.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Wow they messed up the one reason to use him. Sp1 power drain. Using big numbers like 75% ss fooling nobody here.

Inevitable comment
    Does the sig ability scale anything? Seems like if he’s awakened that’s good enough.
    edited November 2021
    Aldac said:

Drake2078 said:

It was almost certain that they would change some aspect of the power drain sp1, despite a large amount of feedback asking them not to. For some reason the buff design philosophy seems to revolve around giving with one hand and taking with the other. Time will tell if it’s actually better or worse in different situations.

I’m choosing to be optimistic and have taken mine to R2, I liked him a lot already. I just wish they had added in another DOT mechanic so that he had some way to deal with bleed immunes (again, huge amount of feedback asking for this). He doesn’t have to be the best character in the game versus bleed immune characters but it would be nice if he was still effective against them instead of being effectively nerfed when bleed isn’t an option.
    So, why did they name the SP2 “Incendiary”? It’s deceiving

Aldac said:

Drake2078 said:

So, why did they name the SP2 “Incendiary”? It’s deceiving
    NVM - it’s called “incendiary” now.

They need to change that.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    I was so hyped until I saw the sig ability and realized he needs to be duped stopped reading from there.

I was so hyped until I saw the sig ability and realized he needs to be duped stopped reading from there.

why? plenty of champs need to be awakened
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★

So far it seems like it's not needed. It's just a nice bonus. On paper, there's already a lot of damage on his base kit.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,137 ★★★★★
    So let me get this right - we've had prefights in the game for over 2 years now and they really couldn't give the man with a bag of trick arrows at least 2 so he could deal with bleed immunes? The only synergy to change that involves totally changing bleeds to poisons so if you have a lane that needs both you need a 3rd champ? Disappointing on paper, when there was so much material to work with. He seems better now but could've been so much more.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 312 ★★★
    So initially I was really stoked after checking out the spotlight, now a bit less so but still see the potential depending on how some things function. I didn't realize initially how much of a hit the bleed potency took until comparing to the current form, the buffed version is a whole lot less potential per tick which matters quite a bit. Per tick you're now looking at about 1/4 of his current form (half as strong for twice as long) meaning this buff is going to come entirely down to how often crit bleeds occur.

If you don't see a crit bleed say half the time Hawkeye may be a worse champ than he currently is. The trade off seemed to be a lesser power control in exchange for significantly more damage, but that seems to be tied to landing crit bleeds and needing a longer fight duration to build up things like the fragility to enhance them. If it ends up being the case you land a crit bleed one of out every four or five specials then you're doing potentially less damage to go with lesser power control and what exactly? He's still a power drain and bleed champion only both of those are weaker unless RNG is in your favor, am I seeing that correctly or am I missing something? Pausing the bleeds is awesome, but only if the potency is up to par to be worthwhile. On further evaluation I went from really stoked to somewhat worried, I really hope it's what I first envisioned.