**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ Map 8 - Too Many Fights?

I've been playing Map 8 with my alliance and we have all kind of started seeing that a glaring issue here is this:

Too Many Fights per lane.

That's the issue is the time involved is exponentially longer than Map 7.

Now, agree to disagree if you don't think this is true, but with the health pools, only having 3 minute fights and the number of fights (7 fights in Section 1 for Path 1 for example) is kind of insane.

This is before Modifiers too. Is there any possibility of having Map 8 have 5 minute timers maybe? I know some people may not like this but a group of 6 star rank 3 champs on day 1 was finishing fights with 1 minute remaining.

Just seems like more testing was/is needed IMHO.

The fights themselves seem fine except some cheeky ones that just seem mean, but it's a nice change. Just needs fine tuning IMHO.

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

I've been playing Map 8 with my alliance and we have all kind of started seeing that a glaring issue here is this:

Too Many Fights per lane.

That's the issue is the time involved is exponentially longer than Map 7.

Now, agree to disagree if you don't think this is true, but with the health pools, only having 3 minute fights and the number of fights (7 fights in Section 1 for Path 1 for example) is kind of insane.

This is before Modifiers too. Is there any possibility of having Map 8 have 5 minute timers maybe? I know some people may not like this but a group of 6 star rank 3 champs on day 1 was finishing fights with 1 minute remaining.

Just seems like more testing was/is needed IMHO.

The fights themselves seem fine except some cheeky ones that just seem mean, but it's a nice change. Just needs fine tuning IMHO.

Are you utilizing your flex players to take on some of these "shared path" fights?
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Wow - have a day off. There is only 6 paths and 10 people.. do some maths
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 288 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Monk1 said:

Wow - have a day off. There is only 6 paths and 10 people.. do some maths

Look at Section 2... There is no flex paths.

Also, 5 minute timers are absolutely needed IMHO.

You can disagree with me all you want, but if you don't have a solution or a suggestion, best to not say anything maybe.

@hungryhungrybbq - we actually looked into that more today and it is helping for sure.
    This is the highest level map in game.. it should be hard.

There is loads more flex in overall map than old map 7. If people can’t do 3 fights then go back to lower map
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    If your finishing fights with a minute left over, I don't know why you would need more time. Everyone wants more challenging content then when it comes you hear how it wasn't tested and needs nerfed. SMH
    edited November 2021

If your finishing fights with a minute left over, I don't know why you would need more time. Everyone wants more challenging content then when it comes you hear how it wasn't tested and needs nerfed. SMH

Nowhere in my post or reply did I say the word "nerf" or hint that the difficulty was not tuned correctly....

Maybe you haven't played higher War Tiers. The timers are also 5 minutes, not 3.

Also 1 Mimute remaining on Day 1 does not equal 1 minute will be remaining on Day 5. These are using rank 3 6 star champs as well.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    Half these comments are from people who don't even run Map 8 lol... Yes there are a ton of fights, but 100% we need a bigger timer. Once mods are activated, no shot these fights are soloed in 3 minutes.
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    100% need a 5 minute timer, many fights will be a timeout on day 4 and 5. Took me 3 timeouts to take out Spiderman 2099 on day 1.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Looks like you better use those free items they be giving...I dont run map 8, but i dont think that you should get a longer timer just cause you cant beat it in the time givin. Just wait till you all get R4s or the soon enough R5s. Then the 3 min timer will be just fine....now wont it?
    edited November 2021
    Speedbump said:

Looks like you better use those free items they be giving...I dont run map 8, but i dont think that you should get a longer timer just cause you cant beat it in the time givin. Just wait till you all get R4s or the soon enough R5s. Then the 3 min timer will be just fine....now wont it?

Sorry. You have no idea what you're speaking about.

I also take it you have never been in high Tier Wars. They are 5 minute timers also. So it's set by precedent that higher Health Pools and ranked up 6 Stars that are boosted each day forward won't be enough for Map 8 in later days.

Also reminder that these "free items" we are getting are not for Map 8, they are for the broken aspects of this game and will not be permanent. There would not be "multiple" rank 4s and if you knew anything about high Prestige alliances that are actually running Map 8, you'd know you only have 2 options to rank up to rank 4 in order to stay in the top tier of this games AQ rankings.

It's ok to not know this, but maybe don't comment when you don't understand anything about the situation.

Speedbump said:

I also take it you have never been in high Tier Wars. They are 5 minute timers also. So it's set by precedent that higher Health Pools and ranked up 6 Stars that are boosted each day forward won't be enough for Map 8 in later days.

Also reminder that these "free items" we are getting are not for Map 8, they are for the broken aspects of this game and will not be permanent. There would not be "multiple" rank 4s and if you knew anything about high Prestige alliances that are actually running Map 8, you'd know you only have 2 options to rank up to rank 4 in order to stay in the top tier of this games AQ rankings.

It's ok to not know this, but maybe don't comment when you don't understand anything about the situation.
    I agree 3 mins is not enough time for boss fights.. should be 5. Paths are ok at 3.

But your other point was too many fight per path, which is actually false.

Personally I am happy with this map, nice to have some diversity - at least for a few weeks before becomes very stale again
    Monk1 said:

Speedbump said:

I agree 3 mins is not enough time for boss fights.. should be 5. Paths are ok at 3.

But your other point was too many fight per path, which is actually false.

Personally I am happy with this map, nice to have some diversity - at least for a few weeks before becomes very stale again
    I have come to agree the original topic of "Too Many Fights" was corrected with flex players taking shared fights which help a lot.

But 5 minute timers are not just needed for Bosses. There are many fights where the A.I. won't throw specials and you're forced to bait for 20-45 seconds each time. It's even more difficult with certain champs and the corresponding nodes. Not difficult in regards to the champ's Health Pool or Attack Rating, just the A.I.