**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Opponents are making use of their AW compensation revives

My alliance happened to be matched with an alliance that just isn't on our level. However, that didn't stop them from trucking on against overwhelming odds. They were eating revives like they were popcorn and we were the entertainment.

While I did get a chuckle out of the absolute K/D disparity and the other guys' unrelenting push forward, I do also think that it highlights how Kabam needs to improve matchmaking. This just isn't a fair fight. They never stood a chance and I always feel bad when that happens, just like I hope alliances who steamroll ours from time to time do.

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Oops, used the wrong account to post this.

Congratulations you played yourself
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,732 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

Ercarret said:

Oops, used the wrong account to post this.

Congratulations you played yourself
    I mean, it's not a secret that I have an alt. I just made a post about having recently created a second account to check things out after the revamp.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I can't speak for why the other alliance threw that many revives at us when there wasn't a chance for them to win, but somehow their team of mostly 4*s got matched against ours of mostly 6*s which landed them in an impossible situation from the start.

Why is your War Rating so low then? Did you Rank down purposely to bully some Beginners? Like some people do. XD
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,732 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    I don't know exactly how War Rating is calculated but it's possible that it's so low because no one in my alliance really cares about AW in the off-season. We have one or two BGs open for those who do want to keep going with it but by and large we leave it be. Other than that I have no idea what a normal score would be for an alliance in our position (Gold 3 last season; Silver 1 at the moment), or why it is/isn't there.

As for intentionally tanking our score, nah. I really, really, really hate AW and honestly wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole if I wasn't the leader of my alliance and had to set a good example. The thought of even playing it badly during the off-season makes my stomach churn.
  • That’s impressive. Think that’s higher than our entire death count over the last 2-3 seasons.

If you look at the war rating it’s obvious that you two would match. Whether this is just their standard or they were just being silly is a different question.

In the higher tiers of AW war rating is the only fair way to match, but I do think that in the likes of Silver alliances there a lot to be said for taking progression into account with match making because for so many it’s a transition from being a novice to eventually finding their level in gold-masters.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    If you've got it, flaunt it