**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

120hz at MCOC?

will MCOC run at 120hz in the future?, with iphones and even cheap android mobiles running screens at 120hz is a shame we can't enjoy the game that way

Comments

• Options
    Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    I have a galaxy s20 and run at 120hz. Just took a bit of getting used to as inputs are faster so if you tap too slow you'll throw heavies when you don't want to.
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I'm interested in this as well. 90 on Pixel 6 is highly unadvisable. You'll drop an input at least once every 5 hits. I've been on 60, which is fine but you lose a lot of the animations and it feels like I'm wasting my phone's feature.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    What does your phone report the in-game frame rate as when set to 90Hz? Even locked at 120 Hz, MCOC only reports 60.

If Kabam wasn't having so many issues with Unity being trash in general, and iOS Unity issues in particular, they probably would have enabled 120Hz, at least for iPhones.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Since the game isn't optized for 120 blurs happen during run in animation if you force 120
  • Options

What does your phone report the in-game frame rate as when set to 90Hz? Even locked at 120 Hz, MCOC only reports 60.

If Kabam wasn't having so many issues with Unity being trash in general, and iOS Unity issues in particular, they probably would have enabled 120Hz, at least for iPhones.

@BigPoppaCBONE you can force it to be 120 if you do multitasking
  • Options

• Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    MCOC is not a game that would make any sense to be played in 120hz.
    There is absolutely NO reason for which you need more than 60fps in this game.
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Hi, i am using a Poco F3 Set at 120 Hz.
    And i got the Feeling its much more smooth than in 60Hz.

But,as someone statet.imput is different!
    I got to get used to it. sometimes i mess Up parry or Special execution. But it Looks so nice so i will Stick with it.

And yes at 60 Hz Input is AS usual.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    My iPhone 13 is incredibly laggy due to the slow frame rate of the game.
  • Options
    AaronxzAaronxz Posts: 9
    edited November 2021

My iPhone 13 is incredibly laggy due to the slow frame rate of the game.

i have an iphone 13 too and is a shame that we can't play at 120 hz, it is highly noticeable when you use 120hz, when i enter to mcoc, the game feels lag in comparison with ios, an answer from kabam would be great to know if we can expect this feature in the near future
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

It used to run at 120hz. Then they locked it to 60hz years ago. As to answer the above question, it made the animation and fighting much much smoother. It’s like asking why PC gamers prefer 144hz over 60hz and saying “but the eye can’t see the difference”.

It wasn't locked in "years ago". I got the S20 and was testing it out earlier this year at 120. Its a lot smoother but like someone said, if u press too slow, u end up doing heavy attack by mistake and it throws u. I've left it at 120 but I notice it runs like it was at 60, so I guess sometime this year kabam locked it at 60. But animations was so smooth and pleasant.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    doctorb said:

ItsDamien said:

It used to run at 120hz. Then they locked it to 60hz years ago. As to answer the above question, it made the animation and fighting much much smoother. It’s like asking why PC gamers prefer 144hz over 60hz and saying “but the eye can’t see the difference”.

It wasn't locked in "years ago". I got the S20 and was testing it out earlier this year at 120. Its a lot smoother but like someone said, if u press too slow, u end up doing heavy attack by mistake and it throws u. I've left it at 120 but I notice it runs like it was at 60, so I guess sometime this year kabam locked it at 60. But animations was so smooth and pleasant.
    They absolutely locked it years ago, when I got the Razer phone on release it was at 120. There’s a thread in the bugs forum from years ago about people complaining that it was then locked to 60. There were some unintended methods of allowing 120 again but natively it’s been locked to 60 for a long time now, in fact you can search for all the threads about 120hz and see how long people have been taking about it.
  • Options
    AaronxzAaronxz Posts: 9
    is ridiculous we don't get answers, mobile technology is advancing but mcoc isn`t
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

doctorb said:

ItsDamien said:

They absolutely locked it years ago, when I got the Razer phone on release it was at 120. There’s a thread in the bugs forum from years ago about people complaining that it was then locked to 60. There were some unintended methods of allowing 120 again but natively it’s been locked to 60 for a long time now, in fact you can search for all the threads about 120hz and see how long people have been taking about it.
    I'm not sure it's "locked". You can see significant improvement in 120hz screen. Not for the actual fight but animations and UI
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

doctorb said:

ItsDamien said:

I'm not sure it's "locked". You can see significant improvement in 120hz screen. Not for the actual fight but animations and UI

So in these screenshots you can see that my display is set to 120hz. In menus and in fights you can see that the frame rate is at 59 (frame rate overlay is from the android developer options) this will occasionally spike to 65 in menus and in fights. The only other times that the frame rate went higher (to 120) is during loading screens, or when a non MCOC notification (in this case the notification showing that screenshots were saved) appeared on screen. While this isn’t a “true” lock, for all intents and purposes it is a frame rate cap during the important aspects of the game.
  • Options
    What Phone are U using? ItsDamien?
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

doctorb said:

ItsDamien said:

So in these screenshots you can see that my display is set to 120hz. In menus and in fights you can see that the frame rate is at 59 (frame rate overlay is from the android developer options) this will occasionally spike to 65 in menus and in fights. The only other times that the frame rate went higher (to 120) is during loading screens, or when a non MCOC notification (in this case the notification showing that screenshots were saved) appeared on screen. While this isn’t a “true” lock, for all intents and purposes it is a frame rate cap during the important aspects of the game.
    As I said, the actual fight itself is as you said probably locked at 60. I did find ways to force the game to run at 120hzfor the entire duration of my session. I've shared a photo above. Even without the mini player it is possible. And when you do that, UI (screen shifting,scouting maps, alliance member screens in aq aw, and so on ) all become extra smooth and fast to feel.

As for fights themselves there is no change except during sp3 animation where it tends to look like it is playing at 1.25x . The run in animation at the start is noticeably more blurred when running at 120hz
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    My Poco F3 has no variable framerate.
    Its locked at120Hz.
    In Menu, prefight, in Fight, Victory Animation.

I used The Developer Mode too

• Options
    Cassy said:

What Phone are U using? ItsDamien?

Razer Phone 1.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Strangely, on my Galaxy S20 FE MCoC decides to lock itself to 60 despite the fact that it has successfully ran in what felt like 120 (or maybe it was just 60FPS, but it did feel a lot smoother)... once

I can't really think of why it would do that.

I'd like at least the option, if compatibility somehow actually is an issue.