**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Didn’t we already have this human torch mini boss in map 5

Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
I could be wrong but it seems like we had this human torch Miniboss before in map 5? Am I having déjà vu or was there the same or a similar Miniboss?

Comments

• SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,158 ★★★★
    What are good counters for the map 5 torch other than void?
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★

We did ; Kabam is recycling content all over the place . Just about all the summer of pain fights were fights elsewhere in story content , just with an added node or sight change. Last months sides quest were the same chapter bosses from the monthly EQ. Kabam is running out of ideas or has minimal imagination.

The past several months have been a train wreck for the game. However, on this point, I don't fault Kabam. I think because of all the technical issues, it's better/easier to recycle older fights/nodes than to create new ones and worry about how they interact with new game engine. It's not an ideal solution, but I can see logic in it.
    I’m just so beyond frustrated not only can they not get the stuff fixed so they’re forced to recycle things and for whatever reason want to up the difficulty immensely. Then give no compensation besides alliance quest in alliance war and the one that gets me the most is no transparency about what is going on.

It really feels like something else has to be going on at the company besides not being able to fix the bugs which I’ve always been able to be fixed in a timely manner before. The decisions being made at the top is my main issue if you know you have problems with the game and are having trouble fixing them why make the very little bit of new contents or things you switch completely frustrating.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    Yes, we did.

And apparently he was a great success!

• FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    SandeepS said:

CAIW with a skill champ
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    SandeepS said:

I use quake for both torch mini bosses. I’d think skill champs like kingpin and Shang chi would be good too. I even used a rank4 hawkeye back in the day.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    SandeepS said:

Use bishop. HT energy attacks. Builds prowess real fast. If he gets an incinerate. Reflects back on HT. So HT destroys HT

So I have read a bunch of times. Will be trying it out today with my R2

• NikkoNikko Posts: 22
    Yeah, pretty lazy on Kabam’s part. Only difference is this one is jacked up. 100k more health than the storm last season. Pretty sure this intentional so we can blow trough the compensation we’ve been losing to expiry. Sad the direction this game is going.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Just Quake it.
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    MTB_rad said:

SandeepS said:

CAIW with a skill champ
    *Max Sig* CapIW with a skill champ will probably work fine for the first Torch (allows him to purify the incinerate debuffs with 100% reliability by consuming a Kinetic Potential).

For the second HT mini, you really need a tech champion with CapIW, so he can apply petrify on parry in order to negate or reverse the effects of the buffet node, unless you want to remove the dexterity mastery for that one fight (impractical).
    Don't even need tech, just don't dex and parry his specials. If you get lucky with your sp2 crits he's dead pretty fast. Tho you build smolders blocking his specials (which leads to a chance of you getting incinerates on yourself when you hit him) your kinetic charges will just purify them.
  • Pdubs77Pdubs77 Posts: 34
    So I’ve been thinking about this torch boss day 4 and 5.
    I think we all know void can do the fight, as I said on another thread I’ve done it with Mr Fantastic today. Here’s some other options that may work
    1) Civil Warrior is nullify immune so he won’t be able to get the regen from buffet, if I’m wrong he also has pretty easy access to heal block. I think his attack is physical not energy so torch won’t go Nova
    2) Mr Negative, also nullify immune and with over 10 dark energy the sp2 will give a double petrify and a solid degen
    3) the overseer, also nullify immune, don’t have him so don’t know much else about him

For anyone feeling frisky, I think these are the other options
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    @Pdubs77 You're not wrong about the champs you listed handling the buffet aspect, but personally, I've been more concerned with having an incinerate immune champ, cause with the significantly increased health pool, odds are his specials alone will build up enough smoulder charges that hitting him will cause incinerates on yourself.

So far I've used a 5/65 Void and a 6*R2 Anti-Venom. Unfortunately, in addition to the increased health pool, he also has a ridiculous attack value, and Anti-Venom just doesn't have the block proficiency to handle it. Blocking every hit of HT's sp2 took about 15% health off the 6* Anti-Venom on day 3.

Today I'm trying out a 6*R2 Yellow Jacket w/ Guardian synergy. The hope here being that the combination of YJs amazing energy resistance and a decent block proficiency aided by Guardian will be enough. YJ can reduce the healing naturally through his core charges, so he can hopefully handle the second one with Buffet too.
  • Pdubs77Pdubs77 Posts: 34
    Mr negative has great block pro with the bulwark from sp1 I’m taking him with venom today so I also get the regen synergy, anti venom would give that too, venom also gets help from the global node
    Mr fantastic is my 3rd member as I get the evades the more debuffs I put on him

I’m staying away from energy attacks to reduce smoulder
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,158 ★★★★
    Sirmacool said:

SandeepS said:

Use bishop. HT energy attacks. Builds prowess real fast. If he gets an incinerate. Reflects back on HT. So HT destroys HT

So I have read a bunch of times. Will be trying it out today with my R2

Isn't torch incinerate immune? Also wouldn't torch then build up too high?