**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aq map 8 AI

Been doing map 8 all week, and not just me but multiple people i have spoke to have mentioned the AI of the defenders is just too passive, they will sit there and not throw any specials at all, and if they have any power gain its just worse, your spending the majority of the fight trying to bait a special and they just wont throw it, people are still timing out due to the defender just sitting there getting to a special 3.

And for my own paths buffed up some of the defenders on there are just stupid groots buff are completely random, i spent over 2 minutes of a 3 minute fight with groot having 0 buffs (he needs 3 aswell for anyone that hasnt done it), super skrull is just a stupid fight he will not throw any specials until he gets to a special 2, then if he has furies he can easy take 60-70% off a rank 3 champ through block

Comments

• Options
    Seb12Seb12 Posts: 23
    100% agreed!!
    plus… theres still that parry/evade issue!!
    we had to return to map7 in order not to have our loyal alliance mebers rage quitting…!! kabam had a great idea to activate map costs again, so were lucky to spend tickets again to get our asses kicked and empty our potions… and guess what, even map 7 now is just not playable! but we got compensations right?! these 3 potions that u have to waste for the first fight allthough there are tons of fight in 5 days… kabam just gets worse every day, but hey lets spend some money on black week 😂😂 just sad u guys… just sad
    kabamoneymachine 👍🏻
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    Agreed. Baiting CMM sp2 for 45 seconds feels amazing😢
  • Options
    kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    The AI definitely feels too passive. Spent like 30 seconds today trying to bait out Longshots L1 and he just wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Gmonkey said:

This is not only map 8, it is prevalent throughout the game that AI is passive for throwing specials.

Was about to say the same not only Map 8. They did something either to the AI or the game that has cause the AI to behave unusual. We’re not stupid, we’ve been playing this game for years and we notice when something changes. They should just come out and say something, communicate. If you do something that affects AI behavior I think we should should know at the very least.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    I’ve just finished exploring variant today and trust me it is no where near the same.. they all use specials as you would expect, max 2 times to bait it and no just standing block in corners.

Aq is another world of defensiveness
  • Options
    M1K386M1K386 Posts: 26
    @Kabam Miike can someone look at this as its become a joke now, how many items people are needing to use due to the AI
  • Options
    18sae5618sae56 Posts: 126
    edited November 2021
    This AI sucks! I've timed out so many fights baiting specials because of it. You also wind up losing your lane killer buff because it's counted as extra fights. Not to mention three minutes is not nearly enough time to take down the Nimrod mini when he behaves this way and you have to wait out the unstoppable.
  • Options
    ExHavokExHavok Posts: 519 ★★★
    I was just about to open a post about this and found this one. It's been 3 weeks since this one opened and I didn't see any response from Kabam Officials.

The problem is all of the opponents in Map 8 are very passive. I don't want to exaggerate but even Arena AI is more aggressive than Map 8 AI.

I'm suspecting that Map 8 AI is actually old Map 5 AI , both acting very similar. The opponent usually comes for parry first then dash back 3-4 times and holds block any time they can.