**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What are your guys' most criminally OVERRATED champions?

Comments

• Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Diablord said:

I will probaly get threatened for this but i say
    Doom is overrated.

He is good, but imho BWCV is better.

As someone who runs suicides, I find myself using her a lot more than I use Doom, although that's also in part because I find her playstyle easier and her more sustainable with suicides than he is. I got him pretty late in my game play so although I have a maxed out 5* I use occasionally just because, I don't really ever rely on him for anything and in almost every scenario take BWCV in over him. Have a 6* R3 BWCV and Diablo so use them a lot...
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★
    I would agree to 10% of comments in here and disagree to 90%. But....
    I choose to calmly ignore the whole thread (which I read every comment of) and move on...

All this shows that different people like different champs, and that's good.
    Some good champs which I hate and will never upgrade or use are here too.

Champs which I regret (lil bit) ranking up are those 5* which now I own as duped 6* r1.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Diablord said:

I will probaly get threatened for this but i say
    Doom is overrated.

He is good, but imho BWCV is better.

Used to think that till I did the abyss. Man's a monster
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    I should never underestimate the willingness of people making a fool of themselves and demonstrate their lack of knowledge of the game.

Keep'em coming, boys!
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited November 2021
    Morningstar, BWCV, Magik, Quake.

Hear me out.

Morningstar - horrible damage output, takes too many fights to ramp up and ramping her just feels bad. Majority of other mystics do what she does better and faster.

Magik - alright, mostly joking with this one, but that 95% still bothers me every time I see it. Why couldn't they just make the power lock a guarantee? But no, Magik is a great champ, just... wanted an excuse to point that out.

BWCV/Quake - BEFORE THE PITCHFORKS COME OUT, yes, both of these are phenomenal champions with some of the best kits in the game. But, outside of quests/paths that they're built to counter, you will almost always find a better option. I consider them to be similar to Namor. They only really function well as counters. Maybe it's because I haven't r5'd her yet, and still working on suicides, but I don't see myself using BW over Doom or Voodoo in standard UC/Cav level fights. Quake is just... slow. At this point she's more of a safeguard for fights I'm not sure about, if I fail miserably with the champions I bring in I can throw out quake for a guaranteed win. But no way in hell am I taking quake through an entire path. Don't have the patience for that.

Personally I find the whole quake vs ghost debate pretty funny, because who in their right mind is gonna sit there and quake through entire quests every single day, regardless of how effective it is? Sounds brain-numbing to me.
  • Options
    For me it is any champ with a great claim to utility, but not to damage. Way back in the day I took hood to r3 as a 5* champ because he was "so good". The only good thing about him was stagger and fate seal, but the fights would be so long that I would die from simply messing up once. I would much prefer to nuke the enemy than lick them down.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,188 ★★★★
    CGR
  • Options
    RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

I am gonna get a lot of hate but

She-hulk

She is very RNG based (very often goes 15-20 huts without a single fury). When she gets the fury, it is all about pushing the enemy over a bar and praying they throw the SP. One slight mistake or tiny stubborn AI and she loses everything. She allows for literally 0 fight flexibility, which is super impractical in endgame-ish content (Act 7 and so)

Imo, she is sometimes more RNG dependant than Domino.

I love Shulk and her utility isn't RNG dependent 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

I am gonna get a lot of hate but

She-hulk

She is very RNG based (very often goes 15-20 huts without a single fury). When she gets the fury, it is all about pushing the enemy over a bar and praying they throw the SP. One slight mistake or tiny stubborn AI and she loses everything. She allows for literally 0 fight flexibility, which is super impractical in endgame-ish content (Act 7 and so)

Imo, she is sometimes more RNG dependant than Domino.

I love Shulk and her utility isn't RNG dependent 🤷‍♀️
    That is your holy right. I don't nees her utility. For heal reversal I have Void&Torch, for countering Unstop I have Kali and CapIW. Poison immunity is covered by all my robots and other champs. That's maybe why I dislike her
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021

LOL this is a funny thread.

Domino, Sunspot, Elsa, G2099, Venom and Sorcerer Supreme are all overrated?

First, no. All of the champs mentioned are pretty amazing. I've used all of them in Act 7 multiple times. Domino shreds in Variant 8. Each has great uses throughout the contest, and that's what matters. Do you have a better mystic champ than Sorcerer Supreme? Great, then use that champ. Doesn't mean SS is overrated.

Second, and more importantly, who is overrating them? There are about zero posts on this forum touting them as the best champs, only threads like this one in which people claim they are overrated without showing where. No one is claiming they're the best of their respective classes.

IMO most overrating happens when a new champ is announced (Knull, for example), and people claim the champ is going to be the next BGT attacker before they've even used said champ. Happens a lot.

Another day the term overrated is misinterpreted. Saying a champ is overrated doesn’t take anything from them. It just means they are overvalued. Purple grapes are ok but they will never be on the same level of green grapes. Though venom is most certainly not overrated, don’t know how that got there
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Wasp for sure
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Rasilover said:

Wasp for sure

Wasp is amazing af. Her utility is good her damage is great .I even used her during the summer of pain climax map
  • Options
    ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 103
    Nocko said:

aegon is obviously extremely good and almost a must have for things like the abyss... but day to day

- He's not particularly good for monthly EQ, or Side events

I agree with you on the day to day but will counter that Aegon has use in Cavalier EQ when the Skill quest is the "Shrug Off" month like we currently have. There are better options, sure, but he puts in work.
    That being said, he can be a gamble with suicides for that quest; with bad RNG on how many hits before his first fight Purify triggers, he can take a lot of heal blocked Bleed/Poison.

• Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    My personal opinion: CMM, Sunspot, Sm2099, Diablo
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    ZeiramMR said:

Nocko said:

aegon is obviously extremely good and almost a must have for things like the abyss... but day to day

- He's not particularly good for monthly EQ, or Side events

I agree with you on the day to day but will counter that Aegon has use in Cavalier EQ when the Skill quest is the "Shrug Off" month like we currently have. There are better options, sure, but he puts in work.
    That being said, he can be a gamble with suicides for that quest; with bad RNG on how many hits before his first fight Purify triggers, he can take a lot of heal blocked Bleed/Poison.

I use him in this one too; run Nick, aegon, kingpin, Deadpool, Hood. Sometimes drop hood or Deadpool for Korg depending on the lane, but aegon will do 4-5 fights on the lane as it's only that first fight that you need the luck.

As a suicides user I still hate that heal block, but aegon, once he's going, is a monster for that cav EQ.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Im on board with the others saying gully 2099, I didnt have her until recently, took her to R2 (unawakened still) and used her in 7.1 where the opponent gets more combat power for every crit-hit. Average hits per fight was around 170 or something ridiculous. Probably just me not understanding how to use her.
  • Options
    Ah, time for the Elsa fans to resurface in a thread that shows up every other month.
  • Options
    VABBI2003VABBI2003 Posts: 44
    What a controversial question.
    But I'll say it is Domino coz some players do overrate her a lot
    Same with cgr
    He is top tier but no way the best cosmic champ
    Corvus herc and hype provide more utility with great damage
    Lastly sunspot
    Only damage
    No real utility
    Fun champ tho
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Sasquatch, damage kinda sucks, very little utility, very overrated
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    This is the perfect thread for those disagree hungry "emoters."
  • Options
    FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★

This is the perfect thread for those disagree hungry "emoters."

Would you like an agree? My pleasure
  • Options
    DedaDeda Posts: 43
    For me it is Warlock.

Don't burn me guys 😁😁😁
  • Options
    Athena48Athena48 Posts: 18
    Elsa. Very good champion but definitely not worth the hype.
  • Options
    sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 250 ★★★

CMM. Especially with the introduction of CGR and Herc.

Her main thing was destroying stuff before the fight caught up to you and you died. Well Herc and CGR both destroy stuff before the fight properly catches up to you and they both actually have some nice utility.

I still love my CMM, but I am slightly annoyed that she needs Nick to get extended binary, whereas Herc, CGR and Corvus don't need synergies. Without Nick, it's too stressful to play her, but it is possible to.