**HOTFIX AND GOODIES**
Our latest Hotfix is now live for both iOS and Android! Please manually update your game. Additionally, because of the bugs’ impact on energy refill consumption, we have provided summoners with Energy Refills and a few other items to assist in the Contest! Sign in and check your messages now to claim yours!

How was this a tie?

24

Comments

  • RWW12RWW12 Posts: 38
    @RedRooster I have to disagree when you say that defender rating was not implemented as a tie breaker. While you may not feel that way, kabam has said on many occasions that it was introduced as a tie breaker and is still meant to be a tie breaker (just like diversity). Those are their words, not mine. While i do agree that defender rating is just another category that is scored and added to the total; in the current state of alliance wars it has turned into the final say or “tie breaker” in many of the wars that we have fought. Sadly, in this case, it failed to serve its purpose well enough for the team with the higher rating to get the win. It just shows that kabam once again failed to think this all the way through, which is further driven home by the rating deduction and the loser bracket rewards for two teams that supposedly tied.
  • There is a mistake here. The AW changes were not made to avoid ties.
    Ties can always happen
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    AW is **** up now. Better thing would be to stop playing AW and focus and AQ tbh. Why waste points at all????
  • NDK13 wrote: »
    AW is **** up now. Better thing would be to stop playing AW and focus and AQ tbh. Why waste points at all????

    Unfortunately bro, AW is far more interesting than AQ despite that AQ rewards are far more useful than AW's. AQ had already ran its course and it's getting boring, tedious and repetitive. At least for me.

    AW was supposed to be the fun part of this game.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    BuzzBee wrote: »
    NDK13 wrote: »
    AW is **** up now. Better thing would be to stop playing AW and focus and AQ tbh. Why waste points at all????

    Unfortunately bro, AW is far more interesting than AQ despite that AQ rewards are far more useful than AW's. AQ had already ran its course and it's getting boring, tedious and repetitive. At least for me.

    AW was supposed to be the fun part of this game.

    I completely agree with you on this but look at it now. You just need champs who have higher rating. Add suicides, boosts and voila you have won. IF you are MMX, CORE or ISO8A you need to add synergy champs now.
  • ViciousJViciousJ Posts: 256
    I have lost interest in wars.. such a boring map
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    Hey Kabam, could you please tell your developers that java (or all the known languages in this world) supports other primitive types like floats, doubles?! LOL

    They aren't there for scientists only, yes you can use them but please make sure you understand the floating point comparison
    http://www.cygnus-software.com/papers/comparingfloats/Comparing floating point numbers.htm
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    edited November 2017
    With the odds so low on an exact tie both teams should get some kind of tie crystal that is full of kick a** stuff. I meen come on what are the chances. We have a better chance of pulling a featured 5* hero right?
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Mainer123 wrote: »
    With the odds so low on an exact tie both teams should get some kind of tie crystal that is full of kick a** stuff. I meen come on what are the chances. We have a better chance of pulling a featured 5* hero right?

    I don't know how to say I "Agree" and "Lol",So,I say I Agree and that I Laughed.
  • RawwryD wrote: »
    I thought the whole point of defender rating was to settle ties. And since our rating was higher that means we should have won right? Even if we didn’t I can’t believe a tie means only Kabam wins. We both drop points and no one gets winner rewards? Come on. Please explain this to me. 2crrr2j2lxbw.png

    This is so insane.. i cried a bit.
    Altho im curious cuz many want the defender kill back.. IF it was back and if u wanna share.. who got most Def kill
  • Just more curious now How ur fight can be a tie.. Look at one of the other matches..
    In the defender rating.

    I guess some some maybe said.. if its over ,500 its rounded up and if its under its rounded Down..
    so 900,500 gives = 1877 like ur war..
    And like the other war (pic i posted) 783,422 = 1566 compared to the opponent that had 783,628

  • ysfpemio9uv3.png
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    NguyenDau wrote: »
    ysfpemio9uv3.png

    1 point away,I'm crying (really,not sarcastic).Kabam needs to update war now.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 6,621 ★★★★★
    At least in this case, there is a clear and "correct" winner although it is practically over before War starts. :/
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    RWW12 wrote: »
    @RedRooster I have to disagree when you say that defender rating was not implemented as a tie breaker. While you may not feel that way, kabam has said on many occasions that it was introduced as a tie breaker and is still meant to be a tie breaker (just like diversity). Those are their words, not mine. While i do agree that defender rating is just another category that is scored and added to the total; in the current state of alliance wars it has turned into the final say or “tie breaker” in many of the wars that we have fought. Sadly, in this case, it failed to serve its purpose well enough for the team with the higher rating to get the win. It just shows that kabam once again failed to think this all the way through, which is further driven home by the rating deduction and the loser bracket rewards for two teams that supposedly tied.

    @RWW12 It has nothing to do with my feelings. You can disagree with what I'm saying, but you would be objectively wrong. You're confusing their intent with their implementation. They might have intended for defender rating to be a tie breaker, but it is not what they implemented.

    Let's consider common language used for tie breaks and how it would be written in this instance:
    In the event that scores are tied, the alliance with the higher defender rating wins.

    That is what you call a tie breaker.

    In this scenario, scores were tied. The alliance with the higher defender rating did not win, it did not break the tie ergo, it is not a tie breaker as implemented.

    Their defender rating contributed points to their score which because their ratings where so close made no material difference.

    Another scenario, let's imagine that one alliance had one less diverse defender and the difference in defender rating still meant that scores were tied. This again would be considered a tie, with different points contributions from defender rating. Defender rating as implemented is part of the points contribution, it is not a tie breaker.
  • this post shows that kabam still can’t get things right and even though aw is not to all our tastes in the new format it still should have a winner and loser, kabam should of awarded both teams the win as really it’s kabams format that is broken not either alliance that was involved, this ironically links to the post about “ face book likes” There was a chance to show how good kabam could be but they’ve just shown how pettty and bad they really are.
    COME ON KABAM, IT DOESNT TAKE MUCH TO SHOW HOW GOOD YOU CAN BE.
    Maybe employing a pr would be a good move as you need it
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Out of curiosity what was the numbers for defender kills for each side? I think they need to bring back points for that and it could have resolved this situation

    Also wanting to know these numbers
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    bgctj01ct9jv.png
    keu30seaupob.png
    6ehf5rx6gj6f.png
    67iscna3amem.png
    qljp407ta4p1.png
    0nysg9dhdphj.png

    The idea of anyone trying to refute the meaning of tiebreaker, its role in competition, its intended application in a competetion, and that there are no substantial methods available in determining one winner, to me is along the lines of someone claiming A. Einstein did not intend E=MC2 to be understood as energy=mass×speed of light(sqaured).
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    @WOK I don't think anyone is denying the intent of tie breaking systems. The problem is that people are confusing intent and implementation. The intent of defender rating may have been to use it as a tie breaker. The implementation of it is such that it isn't a tie breaker, which is an objective fact.

    All scoring criteria being equal, but the defender rating being unequal, it should have broken a tie. It did not break the tie, therefore it has not been implemented as a tie breaker.

  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what was the numbers for defender kills for each side? I think they need to bring back points for that and it could have resolved this situation

    Also wanting to know these numbers

    Those numbers do not matter now and are highly misleading. For example, even if I can solo a boss, I will let others take shots at it just because someone wants to try the boss. Or I will use that level 1 revive to try out something. Defender kills do not mean anything in this set up.

    It does matter in the "could have been" and I'm just interested in knowing that that number is. I know the number of kills in this format doesn't matter. I'm fully aware of how the system works. I just want to know what the defender kills are, to gauge the level of skill between the two alliances.
  • Darkness82Darkness82 Posts: 275
    Defender diversity is supposed to tie so kabam are doing there bit but it should be competive just my option
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    why can't they round? that's just weird to me very very odd
  • Darkness82Darkness82 Posts: 275
    If they did it it would kill the player base so kabam fix diversity or leave alliamce wars the way it is no competive gameplay its all skill
  • Darkness82Darkness82 Posts: 275
    It’s just a shame I started in 2015 up to now I’m 93k rated and this is what I see and also match making for us is so bad put us up against a higher alliance no skill or competive just luck Kabam fix aw for us
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Working as intended. Aw is not meant to be fun or fair.
  • Darkness82Darkness82 Posts: 275
    It’s broke yet it’s dead kabam really need to fix it or else the community will be raging
Sign In or Register to comment.