**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

OG God Tier champs idea

TheRobot007TheRobot007 Posts: 24
edited December 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I was thinking about this the other day, I think that at this point in the game, with how a lot of the newer champs are, I feel like Kabam should take all the OG God Tier champs that got massively nerfed after version 12.0 & revert back those changes & see how they stack up against the MCOC lineup now. Even if it's just beta tested at 1st, but I feel like it would be pretty fun to see how they all do. Anyhow, just a thought. What's everyone else's thoughts about this?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I agree. Dr Strange is about useless now. He was very fun to play with pre-12.0 and would like to see him back to his old self.
  • RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Posts: 144 ★★
    Yeah, undo the 12.0 nerfs and job done. None would be OP, BW would not be better than Falcon, Strange wouldn't be better than Claire and Thor wouldn't be better than CGR.
  • I was thinking about this the other day, I think that at this point in the game, with how a lot of the newer champs are, I feel like Kabam should take all the OG God Tier champs that got massively nerfed after version 12.0 & revert back those changes & see how they stack up against the MCOC lineup now. Even if it's just beta tested at 1st, but I feel like it would be pretty fun to see how they all do. Anyhow, just a thought. What's everyone else's thoughts about this?

actually SW pre nerf was so op and broken that even at this point in the game, she can still break it(she is also available as 6 star) and thor cant be reverted back at all because they changed the way armor breaks reacts. about others? not sure tho
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Thor literally cannot be as powerful unless they can actually make his Armour Breaks as powerful as they were before

Scarlet Witch... I'm not sure how she actually was, but IIRC she had a potent stunlock if you got good RNG

I don't really remember Dr Strange, but IIRC his regen was very powerful - sure, you can increase current Strange's regen with synergies, but I doubt it's the same.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    I have two thoughts:

1) From my understanding, the nerf wasn't as much a balancing issue as it was a change-in-system issue. Maybe Kabam made that change to the system in order to balance things - I wasn't around back then so I can't really say - but the point is that the changes that were made can't really be "unmade" without redesigning the champions back to their old selves.

2) I would much rather see those champs given the full overhauls they deserve. I don't know exactly how they were pre-nerf but I doubt that they'd be able to compete with the Dooms, Apocalypses and Herculeses of today. The game has simply moved on in the seven years it has been out and while I can understand that there is a certain nostalgia for those good old days, I'd rather Kabam look forward with regard to those champions and find ways to make them powerhouses not only for today but for the future as well.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Thor and switch dont have immunities so debuff immune nodes or caltrops could create a counter to their OPness. Therefore I'm on board, even if it's just for April 1st
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Thor just simply wouldn’t work since they’ve changed armor breaks since then
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I'm just thinking of something, now

if Armour Breaks were modified to work as they did before, how broken would Knull be?

If you could get 5 Armour Breaks with current Thor at max sig, that's apparently around a -23000 armour

50 Knull Armour Break stacks would be around... -12000

Maybe not as broken, then