**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mastery Set-up Advice

Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I recently (finally) became level 60 and feel like its time to redo my mastery set up.

At the moment my set up is...very bad. I have no method to it and I've had the habit of putting points I don't know what to do with into the "increase attack" or "increase health" ones. I do have some of the important ones unlocked but I want to start using my mastery set-up to it's full advantage.

I was initially just going to deal with it for the time being because Kabam mentioned in the roadmap that they were going to redo masteries but at the rate everything is going it might be awhile until that happens. I am currently starting 6.3.1 and trying to push for Thronebreaker and feel like i need a good mastery set up for it (maybe I don't? I don't really know)

Any recommendations/tips would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    @StaphMember wow....thank you! This is great advice
  • Chilly_OmeChilly_Ome Posts: 40
    T

here
    That is a suicide setup. I put 3 SYG only because I play moleman heavily and turns him into a tank if you keep his charges at 8 or below.
  • If you're using mystic champs a lot, Mystic Dispersion is incredible to have. I'd say up to level 3 since unlocking the later ones costs a ton (I guess if you have absolutely nothing better to spent 1 million loyalty on...). If you have Symbiote Supreme, it will definitely be helpful vs 6.3.1 Medusa, as well as any fight where the enemy has lots of buffs.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    Skiddy212 said:

I recently (finally) became level 60 and feel like its time to redo my mastery set up.

At the moment my set up is...very bad. I have no method to it and I've had the habit of putting points I don't know what to do with into the "increase attack" or "increase health" ones. I do have some of the important ones unlocked but I want to start using my mastery set-up to it's full advantage.

I was initially just going to deal with it for the time being because Kabam mentioned in the roadmap that they were going to redo masteries but at the rate everything is going it might be awhile until that happens. I am currently starting 6.3.1 and trying to push for Thronebreaker and feel like i need a good mastery set up for it (maybe I don't? I don't really know)

Can we get some shots of your current set up?

Skiddy212 said:

Can we get some shots of your current set up?

Posted weird my b
    You have some spending to do. Holy cow!
    So you can play around on this website. It will help build a mastery setup that co-insides with you style of gameplay. https://auntm.ai/masteries
    Suicides are great for grinding arena because it raises the pi of your champs making your point total higher, so less time grinding, and if you have the champs that are suicide friendly for content. The downfall to suicides is they require a bunch of units to buy the silver mastery cores at 550 a whack. You only need one in dexterity. Take those 2 and put them into limber for now.
    Typed up a comprehensive reply, but it was sent for "approval" 🙄. Hopefully it surfaces soon.. spent a decent amount of time on it.

Beyond that, here are some shots of what I have. Some of which is considered "mandatory" and some optional.

Decide to cancel the edit and it pulled it from "approval". I'll just have to live with the typos:)
    @hungryhungrybbq and @Chilly_Ome you two were also very helpful thank you!!
    No worries. Hit me up on line, if you need more help. tomb028
  • ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 623 ★★

You’re correct, optimizing your mastery setup is the best option available to you in terms or resource utilization to push for TB. It is a relatively simple way of boosting the power of your entire roster.

It is difficult to describe the mastery set up in words without images but I’ll do my best…

Place 1 point and only 1 point in each of the offensive masteries in the 1st tree to begin with. Unlock as many of the masteries at the terminal ends of the branches as you can and prioritize investing in these over those on the early branches (1 point in lesser precision and lesser cruelty, 5/5 in precision and cruelty as they are more potent)

If you can afford it, unlock glass cannon (or save up to unlock it). 3/3 here will increase attach by 7.3% compared to 9/9 points in greater strength for a total increase of 4%. Personally, I have courage maxed as well for a 20% attack increase when I’m below half health.

Defensively, block proficiency is the most important basic mastery. Max this out and place 1 point in each of the others. If you can reliably evade or parry, ↑ base health is not so critical. I also have salve, recovery, and willpower maxed out so I can heal from non-damaging debuffs like armor break, weakness, fatigue, etc. This has saved me countless potions and revives in AQ when the doom it’s placed these debuffs. Don’t waste your resources on perfect block or stand your ground. Even with these maxed out it’s only a 2% chance at perfect block and evading a heavy attack is not typically a challenge.

Proficiencies: 1 point in Parry, 1 in dexterity are absolutely essential. Limber can be a pain for your opponents if you place defenders in war. Petrify and pacify an be useful for reducing power gain, ability accuracy and regen, but there are enough champions that have these abilities with their kit that I don’t invest in the masteries as all.

Expensive but worth the investment:
    1 point in despair to unlock deep wounds and assassin
    2-4 points in deep wounds and assassin will increase your damage at the end of the fight (compounds with damage from courage if you have it) and ↑ bleed damage for all champs that cause bleed.

“Suicide” Masteries: potentially limits the champions that you can quest with due to unavoidable damage in each fight from poison, bleed and recoil damage after every special.
    1 point in recoil to open the others. If you want to try out the others, max out liquid courage first. There is no increase in the damage taken as you place more points here, but you do get ↑ attack. Maxed double edge can give you a 30% ↑ attack rating at the expense of up to 20% health lost to bleed in the first 16 seconds of every fight. These masteries are not for everyone especially those with a limited roster of bleed/poison immune champions.

TLDR: Critical Masteries
    1 in Parry
    1 in Dex
    Max Cruelty
    Max Precision
    Max Block Prof
    Max Glass Cannon

This is the most useful advice for a progressive player, really appreciate the effort you put into this.
  • TTT3TTT3 Posts: 2
    Thank for All The Help on the Masteries set up Been trying everthing .