**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Thoughts on this month's Cav EQ?

124

Comments

  • Options
    AnArChYAnArChY Posts: 31
    Love it
    This is the best move I've seen kabam make in regards to EQ content. It brings the difficulty to challenging without being ridiculously hard and it gives the opportunity to use champs that would usually be benched. I look forward to the different tags that'll be used each month.

    Seems like a lot of the ppl that hate it is because of not being able to use their top roster or not having the right champs ranked. If the champ benefits from the tag you could use a r3 to clear the paths due to the cross fights(which i had to do on a few occasions) so ranks shouldn't be an issue. If you are cavalier(which you need to be to even do the quest) then you should have at least 3 tagged champs 5r4/6r1 or higher or at the bare minimum 5r3 then the next 2 slots are used for top champs to tackle the boss.

    I hope kabam stands up to the whiners this time and keeps this content going and improving.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,263 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

    These pools of champions absolutely need to be increased, and not just to the same as classes, but more. People tend to rank up champions based on classes. “Oh my skill class is weak, better rank up this champ”. Nobody ever said, oh wow, I don’t have many A-Force champs ranked up, better fill up this gap in my roster. Most rosters have a fairly even split throughout classes. To accommodate that fact, I’d say the tags should cover around 40-45 champions, to increase the likelihood that people have suitable champions.

    Well, you can't make filters so big that everyone has the champs, and then make the node all benefit and no penalty. That's just making the content universally easier. If you make the filters big enough that you're reasonably sure everyone has the champs, you have to design the difficulty on that assumption, and the difficulty will have to rise, and it won't be the players who have the champs that get a benefit, it will be the rare player that doesn't have the champs that get a huge penalty.
    Lots of interesting points, but I want to focus on this bit. Is there a reason this isn’t what’s happening with Cav EQ at the moment?

    Take the science node for example that gives the science champ a fury each time a debuff expires. Every single science champ has at least 1 debuff, parry. And every single science champ except for Rhino and Abom applies debuffs at some point by hitting the opponent (Abom can with synergy).

    Or the mystic nullify global, only 6 or so mystics don’t nullify. Or the mutant bleed purify/nullify, every mutant can take advantage of that. Or the mutant special hit gives furies, every mutant can use specials.

    So you say “you can’t make it all benefit and no penalty”, but that’s what’s happening here with an average of 35 champs filtered per quest. So is it the 35 champs that’s the issue? If the tags were bumped to an average of 35, equal with Class based globals would that be ok? Why is Cav EQ with class globals with no downsides not making the content universally easier, but having 35 tagged champions being involved would be?

    I’m not arguing for the filter to be half the champs in the game, just a little more than Cav EQ, due to the nature of how players strive to balance their roster. They try to balance based on class, not based on the tags used today. So why is this current round of Cav Eq nodes ok with 25 ish champions available but no more, but Cav EQ has similarly benefitting nodes, but 35 champions affected? All I can think of is that somehow there’s some difference in your eyes between the benefit that the nodes give, or the cross fights. I’d be interested to hear your take on it :)
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Hate it
    The buffs were meh to the tagged champs, the tags were random like even vets don’t have a full team of max 5* equivalent for some of these , it’s actually easier to just bring my teams of r3 god tiers than try and use those tags, but the game is still broken af, unblockable and deathtouch in the first boss, I still can’t dex reliably, it’s only been 5 months, I have to dex early which in this split second game leaves me open to chase downs all the time, the game is just a frustration at the moment and for the first time since I had a 4/40 sw 5 years ago I will be passing on 100% ing this monthly eq. If the game was running ok it may have been alright but I can’t tell cos it’s not
  • Options
    AnArChYAnArChY Posts: 31
    Love it
    Jaded said:

    AnArChY said:

    This is the best move I've seen kabam make in regards to EQ content. It brings the difficulty to challenging without being ridiculously hard and it gives the opportunity to use champs that would usually be benched. I look forward to the different tags that'll be used each month.

    Seems like a lot of the ppl that hate it is because of not being able to use their top roster or not having the right champs ranked. If the champ benefits from the tag you could use a r3 to clear the paths due to the cross fights(which i had to do on a few occasions) so ranks shouldn't be an issue. If you are cavalier(which you need to be to even do the quest) then you should have at least 3 tagged champs 5r4/6r1 or higher or at the bare minimum 5r3 then the next 2 slots are used for top champs to tackle the boss.

    I hope kabam stands up to the whiners this time and keeps this content going and improving.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

    I don’t understand why people continually bring up “people that don’t like it must not have champs that can handle it”.

    I find the nodes to be very annoying. I have 20+ r3 6*, 40 (maybe more) rank 5 5*. I rank up a 5* like it’s candy I want. These nodes aren’t even difficult, they are annoying.

    Anyways, you won’t get new tag rotations. They already said this is the last change they are making for awhile. So you won’t see new tags, these are what we get.
    I brought up that reason because I read some of the comments and that was the issue for the majority(didn't say all).

    As for nodes being annoying, i don't get that either. Yea the boss nodes are a little more annoying than usual but the path nodes are set up just like they were when it was class based(1 that benefits you, 1 neutral to get you the benefits and 1 to screw you if you don't benefit). The only change was from class to tagged and that change actually gives more opportunity to have ranked up champs because they're spread out over different classes.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,905 ★★★★
    Hate it
    Yeah, really unhappy with this change. Only really been angry at this game/Kabam twice, once was the Arena changes a few months back and second is now. My short term reaction is to question whether I should have spent the money I did on Cyber Weekend.

    However, trying to be constructive:
    1. Even if I wanted to rank the champions for the nodes, the node setups and the benefit the nodes give don’t make it worth it. Makes more sense to just brute force it with your best champs, but that leads to not fun and way too long play.
    2. Making these changes when the game already has the input problems it has was not a good call.
    3. If you are going to change it up this way permanently, you REALLY need to amp up the rewards for the investment likely required (whether that is ranking additional champs, revives/heals, or the additional time required)
    4. Changes like these should be communicated further in advance so that people can plan. As many have said, people may have considered different investment options coming out of cyber weekend.

    Definitely NOT fun.

    Guess I’ll be sitting Cav EQ out this month. Will do some variants etc for a couple of weeks and hope you take the feedback from the community on board.

    My strong preference would be a revert back to class based Cav EQ.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    Hate it
    AnArChY said:

    Jaded said:

    AnArChY said:

    This is the best move I've seen kabam make in regards to EQ content. It brings the difficulty to challenging without being ridiculously hard and it gives the opportunity to use champs that would usually be benched. I look forward to the different tags that'll be used each month.

    Seems like a lot of the ppl that hate it is because of not being able to use their top roster or not having the right champs ranked. If the champ benefits from the tag you could use a r3 to clear the paths due to the cross fights(which i had to do on a few occasions) so ranks shouldn't be an issue. If you are cavalier(which you need to be to even do the quest) then you should have at least 3 tagged champs 5r4/6r1 or higher or at the bare minimum 5r3 then the next 2 slots are used for top champs to tackle the boss.

    I hope kabam stands up to the whiners this time and keeps this content going and improving.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

    I don’t understand why people continually bring up “people that don’t like it must not have champs that can handle it”.

    I find the nodes to be very annoying. I have 20+ r3 6*, 40 (maybe more) rank 5 5*. I rank up a 5* like it’s candy I want. These nodes aren’t even difficult, they are annoying.

    Anyways, you won’t get new tag rotations. They already said this is the last change they are making for awhile. So you won’t see new tags, these are what we get.
    I brought up that reason because I read some of the comments and that was the issue for the majority(didn't say all).

    As for nodes being annoying, i don't get that either. Yea the boss nodes are a little more annoying than usual but the path nodes are set up just like they were when it was class based(1 that benefits you, 1 neutral to get you the benefits and 1 to screw you if you don't benefit). The only change was from class to tagged and that change actually gives more opportunity to have ranked up champs because they're spread out over different classes.
    Again not the setup of nodes, the nodes specifically on the lanes. Having to reparry on 3.1 is extremely annoying. No issue reparrying for myself but every fight, every combo 🤮.
  • Options
    AnArChYAnArChY Posts: 31
    Love it
    Jaded said:

    AnArChY said:

    Jaded said:

    AnArChY said:

    This is the best move I've seen kabam make in regards to EQ content. It brings the difficulty to challenging without being ridiculously hard and it gives the opportunity to use champs that would usually be benched. I look forward to the different tags that'll be used each month.

    Seems like a lot of the ppl that hate it is because of not being able to use their top roster or not having the right champs ranked. If the champ benefits from the tag you could use a r3 to clear the paths due to the cross fights(which i had to do on a few occasions) so ranks shouldn't be an issue. If you are cavalier(which you need to be to even do the quest) then you should have at least 3 tagged champs 5r4/6r1 or higher or at the bare minimum 5r3 then the next 2 slots are used for top champs to tackle the boss.

    I hope kabam stands up to the whiners this time and keeps this content going and improving.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

    I don’t understand why people continually bring up “people that don’t like it must not have champs that can handle it”.

    I find the nodes to be very annoying. I have 20+ r3 6*, 40 (maybe more) rank 5 5*. I rank up a 5* like it’s candy I want. These nodes aren’t even difficult, they are annoying.

    Anyways, you won’t get new tag rotations. They already said this is the last change they are making for awhile. So you won’t see new tags, these are what we get.
    I brought up that reason because I read some of the comments and that was the issue for the majority(didn't say all).

    As for nodes being annoying, i don't get that either. Yea the boss nodes are a little more annoying than usual but the path nodes are set up just like they were when it was class based(1 that benefits you, 1 neutral to get you the benefits and 1 to screw you if you don't benefit). The only change was from class to tagged and that change actually gives more opportunity to have ranked up champs because they're spread out over different classes.
    Again not the setup of nodes, the nodes specifically on the lanes. Having to reparry on 3.1 is extremely annoying. No issue reparrying for myself but every fight, every combo 🤮.
    Understood and agree with you there about some of the nodes but nodes rotate so it's not like the same thing will occur every month. Tough to judge the overall change on that alone. I think the change from class to tagged and the cross fights instead of ramp up every fight is a major plus.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,477 ★★★★★
    Hate it
    AnArChY said:

    Jaded said:

    AnArChY said:

    Jaded said:

    AnArChY said:

    This is the best move I've seen kabam make in regards to EQ content. It brings the difficulty to challenging without being ridiculously hard and it gives the opportunity to use champs that would usually be benched. I look forward to the different tags that'll be used each month.

    Seems like a lot of the ppl that hate it is because of not being able to use their top roster or not having the right champs ranked. If the champ benefits from the tag you could use a r3 to clear the paths due to the cross fights(which i had to do on a few occasions) so ranks shouldn't be an issue. If you are cavalier(which you need to be to even do the quest) then you should have at least 3 tagged champs 5r4/6r1 or higher or at the bare minimum 5r3 then the next 2 slots are used for top champs to tackle the boss.

    I hope kabam stands up to the whiners this time and keeps this content going and improving.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

    I don’t understand why people continually bring up “people that don’t like it must not have champs that can handle it”.

    I find the nodes to be very annoying. I have 20+ r3 6*, 40 (maybe more) rank 5 5*. I rank up a 5* like it’s candy I want. These nodes aren’t even difficult, they are annoying.

    Anyways, you won’t get new tag rotations. They already said this is the last change they are making for awhile. So you won’t see new tags, these are what we get.
    I brought up that reason because I read some of the comments and that was the issue for the majority(didn't say all).

    As for nodes being annoying, i don't get that either. Yea the boss nodes are a little more annoying than usual but the path nodes are set up just like they were when it was class based(1 that benefits you, 1 neutral to get you the benefits and 1 to screw you if you don't benefit). The only change was from class to tagged and that change actually gives more opportunity to have ranked up champs because they're spread out over different classes.
    Again not the setup of nodes, the nodes specifically on the lanes. Having to reparry on 3.1 is extremely annoying. No issue reparrying for myself but every fight, every combo 🤮.
    Understood and agree with you there about some of the nodes but nodes rotate so it's not like the same thing will occur every month. Tough to judge the overall change on that alone. I think the change from class to tagged and the cross fights instead of ramp up every fight is a major plus.
    I look at them as more disappointing. The node combinations are annoying, the cross fight buffs really makes players pick one champion to fight with. I just did a lane in 1.2 with(all 6*r1-3 and duped) x23, rhulk, namor, LC and HT (for Tigra). I used the 4 champions that benefited from cross fight buff on the first 4 fights then had 2 fights remaining and no one had actually benefited from them yet. Where as when it was the class global node buffs any champion with that class benefited from the first fight. If you lost a champion half way through as long as you had another champion of that global class you were fine.

    Now with 3.1 with the reparry of course we could ignore that and doom them all down. But me, personally want to take advantage of the nodes and play the game within the rules the developers have setup. But if I do it’s just annoying. The difficulty is fine, I don’t find it anymore or any less in difficulty from previous months.
  • Options
    BullDOSRBullDOSR Posts: 23
    Hate it
    Absolutely hate this new format for eq. I hope this won’t be back next month. I want the old class specific chapters back. They were so much more fun and I actually use to look forward to cav eq. This new system is an epic fail. I like many others just ignored the nodes and brought in the big hitters and just powered through all the bs. On top of all the major issues plaguing the game right now, this was not something Kabam should have just thrown at us. I don’t have a problem with them attempting to try out new things but cav eq was not the right place. Maybe a new thronebreaker eq with greatly improved rewards for this added difficulty but not cav. Kabam keeps increasing the difficulty but not stepping up the rewards. We shouldn’t have to work harder and have to use champs that most wouldn’t have ranked to earn the same pitiful garbage rewards. They just can’t leave a good thing alone. They always seem to find a way to ruin the game more each month.
  • Options
    AldacAldac Posts: 478 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Hate it
    I enjoy the Cav EQ usually. Exploration feels like it takes a bit too long but the challenge feels about right and it’s nice to use the class-based champs and get the power increases from the nodes.

    This month has been a huge let down. I don’t mind the different organisation tag idea but it needs to be implemented better. It takes too long for characters to benefit from nodes and these benefits seem to have been scaled back. On top of that some of the node combinations are insane, especially with fundamental game mechanics still not working reliably. 3.1 is a mess and it’s easier to use certain non-tagged champs than the ones recommended.

    I can’t help but wonder if it’s the same quest design team behind this EQ, the recent variant and 7.3. They’re all overly annoying and punishing for the player. Bring back the fun please.

    Do you remember when everyone was super positive and full of praise about 7.1? Please go back to that.
  • Options
    AnArChYAnArChY Posts: 31
    Love it
    Jaded said:

    AnArChY said:

    Jaded said:

    AnArChY said:

    Jaded said:

    AnArChY said:

    This is the best move I've seen kabam make in regards to EQ content. It brings the difficulty to challenging without being ridiculously hard and it gives the opportunity to use champs that would usually be benched. I look forward to the different tags that'll be used each month.

    Seems like a lot of the ppl that hate it is because of not being able to use their top roster or not having the right champs ranked. If the champ benefits from the tag you could use a r3 to clear the paths due to the cross fights(which i had to do on a few occasions) so ranks shouldn't be an issue. If you are cavalier(which you need to be to even do the quest) then you should have at least 3 tagged champs 5r4/6r1 or higher or at the bare minimum 5r3 then the next 2 slots are used for top champs to tackle the boss.

    I hope kabam stands up to the whiners this time and keeps this content going and improving.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra

    I don’t understand why people continually bring up “people that don’t like it must not have champs that can handle it”.

    I find the nodes to be very annoying. I have 20+ r3 6*, 40 (maybe more) rank 5 5*. I rank up a 5* like it’s candy I want. These nodes aren’t even difficult, they are annoying.

    Anyways, you won’t get new tag rotations. They already said this is the last change they are making for awhile. So you won’t see new tags, these are what we get.
    I brought up that reason because I read some of the comments and that was the issue for the majority(didn't say all).

    As for nodes being annoying, i don't get that either. Yea the boss nodes are a little more annoying than usual but the path nodes are set up just like they were when it was class based(1 that benefits you, 1 neutral to get you the benefits and 1 to screw you if you don't benefit). The only change was from class to tagged and that change actually gives more opportunity to have ranked up champs because they're spread out over different classes.
    Again not the setup of nodes, the nodes specifically on the lanes. Having to reparry on 3.1 is extremely annoying. No issue reparrying for myself but every fight, every combo 🤮.
    Understood and agree with you there about some of the nodes but nodes rotate so it's not like the same thing will occur every month. Tough to judge the overall change on that alone. I think the change from class to tagged and the cross fights instead of ramp up every fight is a major plus.
    I look at them as more disappointing. The node combinations are annoying, the cross fight buffs really makes players pick one champion to fight with. I just did a lane in 1.2 with(all 6*r1-3 and duped) x23, rhulk, namor, LC and HT (for Tigra). I used the 4 champions that benefited from cross fight buff on the first 4 fights then had 2 fights remaining and no one had actually benefited from them yet. Where as when it was the class global node buffs any champion with that class benefited from the first fight. If you lost a champion half way through as long as you had another champion of that global class you were fine.

    Now with 3.1 with the reparry of course we could ignore that and doom them all down. But me, personally want to take advantage of the nodes and play the game within the rules the developers have setup. But if I do it’s just annoying. The difficulty is fine, I don’t find it anymore or any less in difficulty from previous months.
    They do get the benefit from the attack bonus in the 1st fight while ramping them up. Maybe focus on 1 champ to carry you through the path or until death so you utilize the cross fights as much as possible or ramp up a 2nd champ if you need them as a specific counter.

    The greatest advantage with cross fights over the class boosts though is that cross fights give you attack bonus even against the boss so 5r3/5r4/6r1 aren't completely useless after the path.

    By no means are the changes perfect but it's heading in the right direction.
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Hate it
    Obstinate charge is the new “parry immune” node.

    And as noted earlier it’s like kabam is just saying “let’s throw unblockable, unstoppable and some sort of power gain at it”.

    Another Cavalier EQ I won’t finish. So the bottlenecking continues.
  • Options
    KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Hate it
    altavista said:

    JaggedSac said:

    Tigra whooped my buttocks after I got to her just by using Howard. Ended up using multiple revives. Anyone got any advice?

    The Falter was pretty annoying, as due to the combos, most of my special attack would be faltered.
    My thought process was initially I wanted a big special damage champion, but multi-hit specials can trigger falter if you're not paying attention.

    I ended up using NF for my one runthrough. Didn't manage to solo, but he took off about 70% or so health, and then the remainder of my team finished her off.
    Not to mention if you launched a special and it didn’t finish before their unstoppable kicked in.

    They go into block and rush into you even before the animation finishes.

  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 810 ★★★★
    Hate it
    Dumbest EQ ever. What's the point of taking my sub-par tag champs when I can take my top ranked OP attackers and mow everything down in half the time. Seriously, I tried a few chapters with your tag and then said hey "let me try and bring Doom, CGR, Torch, Apoc, Hercules and see how that goes. It turns out it works better than trying to play your game of trying to get cross fight charges.

    I feel sorry for the early mid Cavs that are trying to get through this quest because

    1 - they probably don't have many ranked champs with the tags that benefit from it
    2 - the benefits from getting charges are nothing compared to bring a better attacker
    3 - they don't have OP attackers that can now throw most of this content in 20 hits

    I tried using ramped up champs in 1.1 against Tigra. Eventually, it dawned on me that I could just bring Torch and call it a day.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Hate it
    I brought champs for the node bonuses and got ripped apart by the bosses. Probably because I was bringing doofuses like Moon Knight, Iron Fist, and DD.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Hate it
    Also regarding the cross fight feature…

    Okay it is sort of an interesting idea on paper. But then you start to do the path itself, and you find that the champion that you finished the previous fight with has no viability in the next fight. It’s like if you ramped up Corvus Glaive and then the next fight is Ebony Maw. Or like if you’ve been working on getting cross fights for Red Hulk and the next fight is against an evader or a power gainer.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    Indifferent
    Just like any other cav month got through it 100% without having to use a potion or revive.
  • Options
    DarthMingoDarthMingo Posts: 48
    edited December 2021
    Hate it
    Lots of hate for this months EQ. I hope kabam is actually seeing these types of posts. State of the game is HORRIBLE atm, & while adding something new & intuitive to a 5yr old game is smart & exciting - the timing is terrible! FIX the bugs, controls/parry issues & other things FIRST. Personally love the idea of a new EQ style but i hate this months. Might sound funny but WAY too many nodes to read & account for lol also Its like you guys purposely add nodes to cover up the control/parry issue. Its hilarious. Also, increase the rewards if you're going to up the difficulty!
  • Options
    Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    Hate it
    Even the tagged champions are useless what is point of 0.9 sec stun for defenders in 2.1 chapter. The stun gets over before the attacker finish the evade
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Hate it
    Seems like a good month to explore Act 7
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Hate it
    So far 90% of people have hated it.

    Wow.
Sign In or Register to comment.