**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Season Rewards/AQ Week/Gifting Event

Blue_007Blue_007 Posts: 38
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
So season rewards are still not out….AQ starts today and now players are stuck in their current alliance due to AQ especially those who do the higher AQ maps until end of AQ week. This is really bad because it makes them wait to get gifting rewards if they can still even get them at by the time this AQ week ends. Horrible timing with Season Rewards/AQ week/Gifting Event. The amount of time should be decreased to at least 7 days now with how this is all adding up not in the favor of any summoner ready to spend their hard earns units or real money spent on units to participate if that’s what they do. I completely understand Kabam making rules and guidelines for gifting with all the cheating and scams that have happened in the past and we all want a fair and legit event and game. We all agree on that. But this timing along with these issues all year is really putting a bad taste in all of the summoners mouths. We want the game to work correctly and want to enjoy its as we all have. I’ve played this game from the start, I’m an end game player who’s completed everything and belong to an end game alliance who pushes high bracket War and Map 8 AQ. So trust me I want this all to work out as much as many of us. Please take this into consideration and lower the time a summoner is required to be in an alliance because none of these circumstances is our fault and we shouldn’t be punished for them. Thanks for listening.

Sincerely, A loyal long term player who only wants what’s best and fair for our community…… S_Blue

Comments

• Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    i agree with the OP. been waiting for war rewards to rankup and increase my prestige for aq but guess gonna wait for another week for it.

request is simple. if the war season has ended early send the rewards without waiting this much. and it’s been 3 days already.
  • Options
    East_to_wesEast_to_wes Posts: 10
    When season 27 ended early, war season rewards were released early. That’s the precedent kabam has set so it’s logical to assume that should’ve happened in this instance
  • Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Blue_007 said:

TyEdge said:

Everything you said is wrong. War rewards weren’t supposed to come out until Wednesday anyway.

You’re complaining about the gifting event and clearly don’t understand how it works even though there’s a huge friggin announcement explaining it on this forum.

TyEdge said:

Everything you said is wrong. War rewards weren’t supposed to come out until Wednesday anyway.

You’re complaining about the gifting event and clearly don’t understand how it works even though there’s a huge friggin announcement explaining it on this forum.

Oh you one of those guys on the forums I see. Ima kindly ignore you lol
    Its good to see u start knowing types of peoples on forum lol
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    TyEdge said:

@TyEdge
    All I want to know is this -

If a person joins the alliance on 10th Dec they won't be eligible for rewards until the 24th. That's fine.

But if the alliance earned first 5 milestones while the new joinee was ineligible, would they still be able to claim ALL milestone rewards?
  • Options

Hey there,

The 14 days is a specific amount put in place to avoid some unsavory behaviour that we have seen in the past and do not want to see a repeat of. This is not going to change.

When the Alliance was not set to end early, there was still going to be an overlap, and we tried our best to explain that situation in this post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289243/alliance-gifting-event-14-day-alliance-membership-requirement-clarification

We are working to remove the added point values from the final war before we are able to send out Alliance War Season rewards. This is not like other Seasons that have ended early, because there is still work to be done before the season can be finalized.

We are working to get this done on the original Season schedule, or faster if we possibly can.

If u guys reduce to 7 day that will be really helpful.. Its tough making people understand that 14 day stay can be achieved within gifting week
  • Options

Hey there,

The 14 days is a specific amount put in place to avoid some unsavory behaviour that we have seen in the past and do not want to see a repeat of. This is not going to change.

When the Alliance was not set to end early, there was still going to be an overlap, and we tried our best to explain that situation in this post here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289243/alliance-gifting-event-14-day-alliance-membership-requirement-clarification

We are working to remove the added point values from the final war before we are able to send out Alliance War Season rewards. This is not like other Seasons that have ended early, because there is still work to be done before the season can be finalized.

We are working to get this done on the original Season schedule, or faster if we possibly can.

I understand like I stated why the rules are out in place and believe me I want a fair and legit event as I always do. But the timing of season rewards, AQ week and gifting even guidelines all hurt the players. Even if the season ended correctly this would still be the issues due to it all. Just bad timing overall. I know you guys do what you can to avoid issues and fix issue at times. But this timing all doesn’t work well for us players at all.
  • Options
    kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 428 ★★★
    So what Miike said means basically we're forced to choose for alliance ranking in gifting or season rewards?
  • Options

Hey there,

If u guys reduce to 7 day that will be really helpful.. Its tough making people understand that 14 day stay can be achieved within gifting week
    Too many people were exploiting this with alt accounts, bringing them in, gifting a ton to get loads of alliance points and then leaving. The 14 day window is to stop people exploiting the event, don’t be annoyed at Kabam be annoyed at cheaters
    I stated that very clearly in the post………
  • Options

Hey there,

Too many people were exploiting this with alt accounts, bringing them in, gifting a ton to get loads of alliance points and then leaving. The 14 day window is to stop people exploiting the event, don’t be annoyed at Kabam be annoyed at cheaters
    Hmmm.. Tough situation :( u are right.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Hey there,

@Kabam Miike

All I want to know is this -

If a person joins the alliance on 10th Dec they won't be eligible for rewards until the 24th. That's fine.

But if the alliance earned first 5 milestones while the new joinee was ineligible, would they still be able to claim ALL milestone rewards?
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    silentag said:

kenadroid said:

So what Miike said means basically we're forced to choose for alliance ranking in gifting or season rewards?

You lose at most, what, 2 days worth of gifting within the alliance you need to join? And then you can start gifting 2 days after the event starts, right?
    if you join a new alliance 2 days before gifting starts, you won't be able to gift until the last 2 days of the gifting event (14 days after you join an alliance, and the event lasts exactly 14 days).
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Such a none issue.. the timer will show you when can gift and all the best rewards are in solo rewards anyways.

The ally rewards will be tiny fraction of what solo offers
  • Options
    silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    No_oneuk said:

silentag said:

kenadroid said:

You lose at most, what, 2 days worth of gifting within the alliance you need to join? And then you can start gifting 2 days after the event starts, right?
    if you join a new alliance 2 days before gifting starts, you won't be able to gift until the last 2 days of the gifting event (14 days after you join an alliance, and the event lasts exactly 14 days).
    That’s right, but if we are losing just two days of this 14 day window at the top (today and tomorrow since they mention rewards may go out at normal season end), that means you don’t get to gift til day 3 of the event.. not the second to last. Not sure why the issue is coming up about only joining 2 days before the event starts here.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Blue_007 said:

Hey there,

I mean, you essentially said “I know people cheat when the time is less than 14 days, but we’ve had issues this year and the timing is bad”

Forgive me if I don’t think this logic holds up to more than a scintilla of scrutiny. Cheating is bad. 7 day cooldown allows cheating. 14 days doesn’t.
  • Options

Blue_007 said:

Hey there,

I mean, you essentially said “I know people cheat when the time is less than 14 days, but we’ve had issues this year and the timing is bad”

Forgive me if I don’t think this logic holds up to more than a scintilla of scrutiny. Cheating is bad. 7 day cooldown allows cheating. 14 days doesn’t.
    You’re reading what you want to hear instead of what was written. It’s all good. And cheating can and will happen regardless. Cheaters always find a way. I don’t like it because I’m a honest player but it’s the reality.
  • Options
    AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★

Hey there,

Ok, no hope of getting rewards earlier.

No hope of getting this game fixed (not only the parry/dex/dropped inputs/lag bugs, also champions bugs like ghost/hood synergy broken for months)

No hope of following Dev Diary

We are getting used of disappointment in the last months

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,263 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply, but with the amount of revenue this game pulls in, you think the dates could have aligned up better with war season and gifting
    Money can't make the work go faster.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Blue_007 said:

Blue_007 said:

Hey there,

You’re reading what you want to hear instead of what was written. It’s all good. And cheating can and will happen regardless. Cheaters always find a way. I don’t like it because I’m a honest player but it’s the reality.
    “I completely understand Kabam making rules and guidelines for gifting with all the cheating and scams that have happened in the past and we all want a fair and legit event and game. We all agree on that. But this timing along with these issues all year is really putting a bad taste in all of the summoners mouths.”

What am I missing? You’re saying people cheat when the guidelines aren’t there, but you’re saying because we’ve had a bad year with bugs, and the timing is bad Kabam should get rid of the guidelines allowing people to cheat.

Which part would you like to set the record straight on.