**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you end game players still rank up 5stars?

Comments

• Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    T5b is my limiting these days. I don’t rank up 5* as need them resources for 6* champs. Even if I pulled a beyond God Godlier Godliest if 5* champs I’d only rank him up with rank up gems.
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 573 ★★★
    Well, there's some champs that are really great as 5*

Endgame players are that have all explored in Game, You have everything explored yet?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    What people don't realize is if they Ranked a bit of everything, their Resources would spread around more. By all means, Rank what you like. Just saying, the shortages are in part because the game is designed to allow people to focus on all Rarities and balance over time. Focusing only on 6*s is certainly something people can choose to do, but it leads to some pretty deep imbalances.
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

Well, there's some champs that are really great as 5*

Endgame players are that have all explored in Game, You have everything explored yet?

everything besides Abyss
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Not a chance.. I take a few to r4 to stop all my t2a expiring and use the 4-5 variants gems but wasting 2 t5b on a 5* just not going to happen.

Need to save all t5b for r3 champs (t5cc comes almost to fast now) so just cannot afford to use in any 5*
  • Options
    BlxndyBlxndy Posts: 145 ★★
    Not really an end game player, but I have lots of 6*s. I have generally stopped taking 5*s to r5, mainly because I would rather wait to get them as a 6*. A lot of 5*s are becoming redundant against r3/4 and the game is shifting massively to 6*s. I will only rank up a 5* if they can compete with 6*s or bring massive utility i.e Quake or Ghost.

Also!!! If you enjoy a champ, regardless of the * rating, rank them up!
  • Options
    spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★
    I rank 5 stars only with gems now, unless I really need a counter to certain content.
  • Options
    StarzStarz Posts: 153
    Generally not any longer myself. If I stumble across a rank up gem I will but I try to commit my focus on 6* exclusively. Though I have in the past ranked up a 5* if a node or variant or something else predicates it
  • Options
    Zhahovic7Zhahovic7 Posts: 35
    Not often....I only rank up 5* who require high Sig..champs who I know duping them consistently as 6* would be impossible or will take too long ...e.g Void ...Omega...Guardian...Kitty Pride ..Cap Iw...and so on
  • Options
    SupermanojSupermanoj Posts: 92
    I rank them all up to rank 3 but not usually any higher unless it's with a gem. I have nearly 170 6 star champs now
  • Options

What people don't realize is if they Ranked a bit of everything, their Resources would spread around more. By all means, Rank what you like. Just saying, the shortages are in part because the game is designed to allow people to focus on all Rarities and balance over time. Focusing only on 6*s is certainly something people can choose to do, but it leads to some pretty deep imbalances.

This is entirely false. If you're Cavalier or lower, yes focus on 5*. If I ranked a bit of everything I'd have zero resources for my 6*. Do you think t5b, t4cc, t2a and ISO fall into our inventory when we need them? A single 6* from r1-r3 requires 7 t5b, 15 t2a, 7 t4b, and 15 t4cc. My alliance placed 12th the first two weeks of map 8. It wasn't even two full t5b from ranked rewards. Ranking a little bit of everything means nothing ever gets ranked to any usable point for endgame content.
    Disagree. The problem stems from only Ranking one Rarity. It's designed to take time to Rank higher Ratities.
  • Options
    Again, people can play how they choose, but it's a misconception. Also, Ranking from R1 all the way up in one sitting is harder on Resource than a bit at a time.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

This is entirely false. If you're Cavalier or lower, yes focus on 5*. If I ranked a bit of everything I'd have zero resources for my 6*. Do you think t5b, t4cc, t2a and ISO fall into our inventory when we need them? A single 6* from r1-r3 requires 7 t5b, 15 t2a, 7 t4b, and 15 t4cc. My alliance placed 12th the first two weeks of map 8. It wasn't even two full t5b from ranked rewards. Ranking a little bit of everything means nothing ever gets ranked to any usable point for endgame content.
    There is perfect example of people not at the same point (in this case end game) commenting. The game at the top is very different and unless you play there you just don’t understand it.

In top 20 map 8x5 we are looking at r4 champs.. what place does 5* champs have here 😂
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Disagree. The problem stems from only Ranking one Rarity. It's designed to take time to Rank higher Ratities.
    The only reason spreading rankups makes sense is to provide utility to solve different problems besides that it’s not advantageous. You’re saying you’ll pick 2 5r4s over 1 6r3? Assuming it takes the same amount of resource.
  • Options
    You think just because you don't use them in your AQ and Wars that you'll never need them? Weren't you the same person complaining that you don't Rank 4*s for challenges and lower Rarities for special Arenas?
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

The only reason spreading rankups makes sense is to provide utility to solve different problems besides that it’s not advantageous. You’re saying you’ll pick 2 5r4s over 1 6r3? Assuming it takes the same amount of resource.
    Resource management is about focusing on what you can work on while waiting for other things to accumulate.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Now, I'm not talking about going for broke on lower Rarities, but doing things like Level-Up or other Events with lower Champs is perfectly fine. Doing things like that adds a trickle to Resources. Not going from R1 to R3 in a sitting is another one. Spreading T2A to R4 5*s uses those expiring T2As and allows them to be used without T5B. The game is designed with use in mind. As for a waste, I don't believe there's such a thing. It all goes into overall progress, and more options for whatever comes up.
  • Options

Again, people can play how they choose, but it's a misconception. Also, Ranking from R1 all the way up in one sitting is harder on Resource than a bit at a time.

Trying to understand your POV. What level do you consider yourself? Have you completed all content? Because what could one possible achieved with 5r3 or 5r4 in end game content and how stressful will that be. You need to rank up appropriately to meet the challenge if it requires taking a 6star from r1-3. You’re prolly not factoring in that rewards scale with difficulty all things being equal. Lower ranks won’t be able to handle higher difficulties so you’ll be stuck with relatively small resources until you boost your champs up.
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

Trying to understand your POV. What level do you consider yourself? Have you completed all content? Because what could one possible achieved with 5r3 or 5r4 in end game content and how stressful will that be. You need to rank up appropriately to meet the challenge if it requires taking a 6star from r1-3. You’re prolly not factoring in that rewards scale with difficulty all things being equal. Lower ranks won’t be able to handle higher difficulties so you’ll be stuck with relatively small resources until you boost your champs up.
    Perhaps, but you also don't need to do that all at once. You can go a Rank at a time until you replenish what you need.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

J0eySn0w said:

He’s not endgame iirc
    No, but he understands the balancing of Resources and how focusing on one area affects overall surpluses and deficits. ;)
  • Options

Now, I'm not talking about going for broke on lower Rarities, but doing things like Level-Up or other Events with lower Champs is perfectly fine. Doing things like that adds a trickle to Resources. Not going from R1 to R3 in a sitting is another one. Spreading T2A to R4 5*s uses those expiring T2As and allows them to be used without T5B. The game is designed with use in mind. As for a waste, I don't believe there's such a thing. It all goes into overall progress, and more options for whatever comes up.

I get part of this. I’ve had to r5 a 5star to prevent t5b from going to waste cos I couldn’t bring myself to take Iron Fist, duped Spider-Man classic or duped Daredevil classic (other waste 6stars) to r2. A few days afterwards I pull 6stars that I wish I had those valuable resources. Do I regret spending it on 5stars, not really. The reason why it’s not a definite no is just the idea that some of these useless 6stars might get a buff and now I’d have spend the same resource I couldn’t bring myself to using on them on them. Then again it’s a game, not the end of the world 😄
  • Options

You can disagree all you want, you're still wrong. You do realize if I use t5b and t2a on lower rarity champs that it will take even longer to rank up the higher rarity champs, right? If I get 35k t5b frags a week from AQ(can't use crystals since they vary on drop rates), that means I would need three weeks of ranked rewards to get the t5b back from taking a 5* to r5. I get zero t4b or t4cc from AQ so I need to use glory on that to get those resources. Your thought process is to use resources that it already takes a significant amount of time to get and use them on lower rarity champs and therefore make it even longer to get the ability to rank the higher rarity champs. Do you see how that makes less than zero sense?

As an endgame player, I have almost all the same 6* as I do 5*. There's maybe 20 champs between the rarities that I don't have as a 6*. Explain to me why I should invest 12 t4b, 7 r4cc, and 4 t2a to get a 5* champ to the same level as the 6* champ STARTS AT.
    You and I are obviously going to disagree because you're of the mindset of swearing off anything but 6*s and I am not of the same mindset. SO we can agree to disagree.
    As for why, the game is comprised of 6 Rarities, not one.