**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

See here’s the issue with this particular statement


Some of us would’ve loved to make our alliance switches (as was stated) however with the rewards being pushed beyond the alliance gifting join cut off we no longer can, so if anyone has any dead weight they need to remove from their alliances it’s going to be a real challenge to find a replacement since very few people worth anything are gonna budge because they all want a piece of that juicy alliance gifting milestone/event pie. So in the end you’re basically stuck with said dead weight for what could very well be another season depending on how long gifting runs/rewards are distributed/when next season starts
«1

Comments

  • Options
    BinkPlayzBinkPlayz Posts: 99 ★★

    BinkPlayz said:


    Some of us would’ve loved to make our alliance switches (as was stated) however with the rewards being pushed beyond the alliance gifting join cut off we no longer can, so if anyone has any dead weight they need to remove from their alliances it’s going to be a real challenge to find a replacement since very few people worth anything are gonna budge because they all want a piece of that juicy alliance gifting milestone/event pie. So in the end you’re basically stuck with said dead weight for what could very well be another season depending on how long gifting runs/rewards are distributed/when next season starts

    what were you planning to do if the war season HADNT been cancelled? There has been no delay from that timetable.
    If it hadn’t followed the standard time table and the rewards came out within a few days after the early cancel (which they have before in earlier canceled seasons btw) we could’ve made all our needed switches ahead of schedule and been doing just fine. But it’s kabam so we couldn’t define a date for the rewards initially and still can’t (even though we’ve already run this drill earlier) so it fell AFTER the event, why they didn’t set the cutoff to post season in the first place idk but after the prior performance some of our hopes were up that we could make our switches ahead of time
  • Options
    Hey, let’s give Kabam a bit of grace here. I understand https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/profile/Kabam Miike
    We shouldn’t expect rewards sooner than expected. I admit, I have been impatient, but we must understand all the work that is going on behind the scenes. Do players want rewards? Yes, but should Kabam divert all of their efforts and staff to the rewards and away from other important matters? No. I apologies on behalf of the player base Kabam. We are an impatient group for sure.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,389 ★★★★★
    Plantesan said:

    Hey there,

    If the Alliance Season had continued and ended as planned, it would have followed this same schedule. Players were aware of this before the season had to be ended abruptly. We've explained how moving Alliances will affect you and your ability to receive points for the gifting event here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289243/alliance-gifting-event-14-day-alliance-membership-requirement-clarification

    Question about that post you are referring …considering when it was posted to when the AW into its issue…Is it wrong to ask for some kind of initial delay or extension on the back end to the gifting event based on the time lost from the hiccup?
    What time lost? Rewards were scheduled to come out Wednesday or after. This is all premature.
  • Options
    PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

    Plantesan said:

    Hey there,

    If the Alliance Season had continued and ended as planned, it would have followed this same schedule. Players were aware of this before the season had to be ended abruptly. We've explained how moving Alliances will affect you and your ability to receive points for the gifting event here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289243/alliance-gifting-event-14-day-alliance-membership-requirement-clarification

    Question about that post you are referring …considering when it was posted to when the AW into its issue…Is it wrong to ask for some kind of initial delay or extension on the back end to the gifting event based on the time lost from the hiccup?
    What time lost? Rewards were scheduled to come out Wednesday or after. This is all premature.
    1. I was one that expected Kabam at the earliest to have rewards by normal reward distribution time (tomorrow) so this isn’t surprising to see happen.

    2. I should’ve worded that better. I’m referring to that time gap players are referring to when it comes to getting the AW season rewards and moving to other alliances before Gifting Event starts up.
    -If any of that time is lost due to this issue/fix…wouldn’t it make sense to add time on the back end of the event in proportion to that time lost?
    -If no time is lost, then no need to change a thing
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,389 ★★★★★
    Plantesan said:

    Plantesan said:

    Hey there,

    If the Alliance Season had continued and ended as planned, it would have followed this same schedule. Players were aware of this before the season had to be ended abruptly. We've explained how moving Alliances will affect you and your ability to receive points for the gifting event here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289243/alliance-gifting-event-14-day-alliance-membership-requirement-clarification

    Question about that post you are referring …considering when it was posted to when the AW into its issue…Is it wrong to ask for some kind of initial delay or extension on the back end to the gifting event based on the time lost from the hiccup?
    What time lost? Rewards were scheduled to come out Wednesday or after. This is all premature.
    1. I was one that expected Kabam at the earliest to have rewards by normal reward distribution time (tomorrow) so this isn’t surprising to see happen.

    2. I should’ve worded that better. I’m referring to that time gap players are referring to when it comes to getting the AW season rewards and moving to other alliances before Gifting Event starts up.
    -If any of that time is lost due to this issue/fix…wouldn’t it make sense to add time on the back end of the event in proportion to that time lost?
    -If no time is lost, then no need to change a thing
    That's not possible to coordinate all the time. If people jump ship after every Season, that's not really the fault of Kabam. They allow accommodation for people to shift Alliances and still participate in Gifting. That accounts for anything that can happen, and things do. It's a different story when people like to jump ship after every Season or to get the most Rewards every Gifting Event.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,536 ★★★★★
    Ares2239 said:

    Hey there,

    If the Alliance Season had continued and ended as planned, it would have followed this same schedule. Players were aware of this before the season had to be ended abruptly. We've explained how moving Alliances will affect you and your ability to receive points for the gifting event here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/289243/alliance-gifting-event-14-day-alliance-membership-requirement-clarification


    If rewards aren’t given out tomorrow then it is NOT following the original timetable and thus making things more difficult for the community. @Kabam Miike

    It wouldn't but it's also not following normal parameters. There is manual calculations and adjustments going on here and that doesn't happen normally for regular seasons.
  • Options
    gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★

    BinkPlayz said:

    BinkPlayz said:


    Some of us would’ve loved to make our alliance switches (as was stated) however with the rewards being pushed beyond the alliance gifting join cut off we no longer can, so if anyone has any dead weight they need to remove from their alliances it’s going to be a real challenge to find a replacement since very few people worth anything are gonna budge because they all want a piece of that juicy alliance gifting milestone/event pie. So in the end you’re basically stuck with said dead weight for what could very well be another season depending on how long gifting runs/rewards are distributed/when next season starts

    what were you planning to do if the war season HADNT been cancelled? There has been no delay from that timetable.
    If it hadn’t followed the standard time table and the rewards came out within a few days after the early cancel (which they have before in earlier canceled seasons btw) we could’ve made all our needed switches ahead of schedule and been doing just fine. But it’s kabam so we couldn’t define a date for the rewards initially and still can’t (even though we’ve already run this drill earlier) so it fell AFTER the event, why they didn’t set the cutoff to post season in the first place idk but after the prior performance some of our hopes were up that we could make our switches ahead of time
    It's amazing how little you understand. There have been 2 times where AW has been cancelled. Once for a similar reason to this (a bug of some sort) and another because of the servers. The first time it took them longer than normal because they had a lot of reword to do because the war didn't count, much like this time and the 2nd time since there weren't any calculations to be done, they just paid out rewards based on where you were currently placed.

    It's been explained by Miike and Boo what process they are going through to ensure the scores are CORRECT. It takes time to calculate the points and war ratings for ALL the participating alliances.

    The question remains, because you didn't answer it, if war season wasn't cancelled, what would you be doing right now? You'd still have to wait until tomorrow or later, so what difference is there? Y'all constantly rag on Kabam for things are completely your own doing because you're making up crazy scenarios in your head. It's mind boggling how poorly you treat the MODS and the company for your own misconceptions.
    You are correct at everything, but no at last phraze:
    “Tommorow or later”. There is no later , its only tommorow, the day the rewards after season is delivered as normal. Everything before that is earlier, so kabam favour us, everything after that is later so kabams fault. Facts are facts

  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,536 ★★★★★
    gp87 said:

    BinkPlayz said:

    BinkPlayz said:


    Some of us would’ve loved to make our alliance switches (as was stated) however with the rewards being pushed beyond the alliance gifting join cut off we no longer can, so if anyone has any dead weight they need to remove from their alliances it’s going to be a real challenge to find a replacement since very few people worth anything are gonna budge because they all want a piece of that juicy alliance gifting milestone/event pie. So in the end you’re basically stuck with said dead weight for what could very well be another season depending on how long gifting runs/rewards are distributed/when next season starts

    what were you planning to do if the war season HADNT been cancelled? There has been no delay from that timetable.
    If it hadn’t followed the standard time table and the rewards came out within a few days after the early cancel (which they have before in earlier canceled seasons btw) we could’ve made all our needed switches ahead of schedule and been doing just fine. But it’s kabam so we couldn’t define a date for the rewards initially and still can’t (even though we’ve already run this drill earlier) so it fell AFTER the event, why they didn’t set the cutoff to post season in the first place idk but after the prior performance some of our hopes were up that we could make our switches ahead of time
    It's amazing how little you understand. There have been 2 times where AW has been cancelled. Once for a similar reason to this (a bug of some sort) and another because of the servers. The first time it took them longer than normal because they had a lot of reword to do because the war didn't count, much like this time and the 2nd time since there weren't any calculations to be done, they just paid out rewards based on where you were currently placed.

    It's been explained by Miike and Boo what process they are going through to ensure the scores are CORRECT. It takes time to calculate the points and war ratings for ALL the participating alliances.

    The question remains, because you didn't answer it, if war season wasn't cancelled, what would you be doing right now? You'd still have to wait until tomorrow or later, so what difference is there? Y'all constantly rag on Kabam for things are completely your own doing because you're making up crazy scenarios in your head. It's mind boggling how poorly you treat the MODS and the company for your own misconceptions.
    You are correct at everything, but no at last phraze:
    “Tommorow or later”. There is no later , its only tommorow, the day the rewards after season is delivered as normal. Everything before that is earlier, so kabam favour us, everything after that is later so kabams fault. Facts are facts

    What? No. Not at all. The "and later" is for leaving the alliance. Not everyone leaves right away after rewards because of sleep schedules etc.. Plus, there is not "scheduled time" for rewards to be released. There is no timestamp or anything, they come out when they come out. Typically they arrive 12ish hours after the seasons end. They've also been delayed in the past due to some calculations on cheating and bugs. So don't give me that "facts are facts" thing.
  • Options
    BinkPlayz said:

    Some of us would’ve loved to make our alliance switches (as was stated) however with the rewards being pushed beyond the alliance gifting join cut off we no longer can, so if anyone has any dead weight they need to remove from their alliances it’s going to be a real challenge to find a replacement since very few people worth anything are gonna budge because they all want a piece of that juicy alliance gifting milestone/event pie. So in the end you’re basically stuck with said dead weight for what could very well be another season depending on how long gifting runs/rewards are distributed/when next season starts

    Once again I'm reminded why I play MCOC, and not Eve Online.
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,020 ★★★★
    gp87 said:

    BinkPlayz said:

    BinkPlayz said:


    Some of us would’ve loved to make our alliance switches (as was stated) however with the rewards being pushed beyond the alliance gifting join cut off we no longer can, so if anyone has any dead weight they need to remove from their alliances it’s going to be a real challenge to find a replacement since very few people worth anything are gonna budge because they all want a piece of that juicy alliance gifting milestone/event pie. So in the end you’re basically stuck with said dead weight for what could very well be another season depending on how long gifting runs/rewards are distributed/when next season starts

    what were you planning to do if the war season HADNT been cancelled? There has been no delay from that timetable.
    If it hadn’t followed the standard time table and the rewards came out within a few days after the early cancel (which they have before in earlier canceled seasons btw) we could’ve made all our needed switches ahead of schedule and been doing just fine. But it’s kabam so we couldn’t define a date for the rewards initially and still can’t (even though we’ve already run this drill earlier) so it fell AFTER the event, why they didn’t set the cutoff to post season in the first place idk but after the prior performance some of our hopes were up that we could make our switches ahead of time
    It's amazing how little you understand. There have been 2 times where AW has been cancelled. Once for a similar reason to this (a bug of some sort) and another because of the servers. The first time it took them longer than normal because they had a lot of reword to do because the war didn't count, much like this time and the 2nd time since there weren't any calculations to be done, they just paid out rewards based on where you were currently placed.

    It's been explained by Miike and Boo what process they are going through to ensure the scores are CORRECT. It takes time to calculate the points and war ratings for ALL the participating alliances.

    The question remains, because you didn't answer it, if war season wasn't cancelled, what would you be doing right now? You'd still have to wait until tomorrow or later, so what difference is there? Y'all constantly rag on Kabam for things are completely your own doing because you're making up crazy scenarios in your head. It's mind boggling how poorly you treat the MODS and the company for your own misconceptions.
    You are correct at everything, but no at last phraze:
    “Tommorow or later”. There is no later , its only tommorow, the day the rewards after season is delivered as normal. Everything before that is earlier, so kabam favour us, everything after that is later so kabams fault. Facts are facts

    There is no timeline for rewards to be given, just because it has been done numerous times before shouldn’t make it a given.

    This whole thread is completely moot.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,389 ★★★★★
    "It is raining, Master dwarf, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done." - Gandalf
  • Options
    gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    The whole game , especially at f2p gamers have to do with timeline and schedules: 6* expiring, one lats chance to a featured 6* crystal and everything. So if there is no timeline as you say (the max until now is 24 hours after?) then it should be. I know guys with 25* generics expiring at thursday (its after cyber weekend deals sig stones) and rewards would give them a chance to dupe herc. But i am not here to argue, i just say a different point of view.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,536 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    gp87 said:

    The whole game , especially at f2p gamers have to do with timeline and schedules: 6* expiring, one lats chance to a featured 6* crystal and everything. So if there is no timeline as you say (the max until now is 24 hours after?) then it should be. I know guys with 25* generics expiring at thursday (its after cyber weekend deals sig stones) and rewards would give them a chance to dupe herc. But i am not here to argue, i just say a different point of view.

    There's still 30 days left on the 6* featured 🤦

    How do 6*'s expire?
  • Options
    gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★

    gp87 said:

    The whole game , especially at f2p gamers have to do with timeline and schedules: 6* expiring, one lats chance to a featured 6* crystal and everything. So if there is no timeline as you say (the max until now is 24 hours after?) then it should be. I know guys with 25* generics expiring at thursday (its after cyber weekend deals sig stones) and rewards would give them a chance to dupe herc. But i am not here to argue, i just say a different point of view.

    There's still 30 days left on the 6* featured 🤦

    How do 6*'s expire?
    6* gemerics sig stones from cyber deals

  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,536 ★★★★★
    gp87 said:

    gp87 said:

    The whole game , especially at f2p gamers have to do with timeline and schedules: 6* expiring, one lats chance to a featured 6* crystal and everything. So if there is no timeline as you say (the max until now is 24 hours after?) then it should be. I know guys with 25* generics expiring at thursday (its after cyber weekend deals sig stones) and rewards would give them a chance to dupe herc. But i am not here to argue, i just say a different point of view.

    There's still 30 days left on the 6* featured 🤦

    How do 6*'s expire?
    6* gemerics sig stones from cyber deals

    How are they expiring already?
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,495 ★★★★★
    I have the whole master bracket and P1 bracket recorded if you guys at kabam need the final points before war 10
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,207 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

    The real issue is kabam have known for months how the aw cycle was going and then they decided to make the start of the gifting time period start 2 days before the aw series was due to end, really it’s ppp from kabam in the first place.


    Yeah this is the big question in my opinion. Why even make it so there's an overlap between when people switch alliances between AW seasons (which happens every season proven by the flood of recruitments posts on the forums each time) and when you need to be in an alliance for gifting. Kabma Miike putting this clearly in the statement: "To have an uninterrupted Gifting experience, you should be in an Alliance that you intend to stay in before December 6th.", knowing that it won't be possible because of the AW cycle just seems like huge oversight, or they're just fine with a lot of summoners not being able to have an interrupted gifting experience?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,536 ★★★★★
    Chovner said:

    The real issue is kabam have known for months how the aw cycle was going and then they decided to make the start of the gifting time period start 2 days before the aw series was due to end, really it’s ppp from kabam in the first place.


    Yeah this is the big question in my opinion. Why even make it so there's an overlap between when people switch alliances between AW seasons (which happens every season proven by the flood of recruitments posts on the forums each time) and when you need to be in an alliance for gifting. Kabma Miike putting this clearly in the statement: "To have an uninterrupted Gifting experience, you should be in an Alliance that you intend to stay in before December 6th.", knowing that it won't be possible because of the AW cycle just seems like huge oversight, or they're just fine with a lot of summoners not being able to have an interrupted gifting experience?
    Because AW is on a set schedule. You have to be in an alliance for 14 days before gifting. If you join 2 days before gifting starts, you just have 2 days of gifting. if you join 12 days before the event, you'll just have 2 less days. They aren't going to change AWs schedule for a gifting event.

    Be mad at the people that caused Kabam to go to these lengths and restrictions just to have a gifting event. It's the pathetic cheaters and exploiters that got us here
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,207 ★★★★★

    Chovner said:

    The real issue is kabam have known for months how the aw cycle was going and then they decided to make the start of the gifting time period start 2 days before the aw series was due to end, really it’s ppp from kabam in the first place.


    Yeah this is the big question in my opinion. Why even make it so there's an overlap between when people switch alliances between AW seasons (which happens every season proven by the flood of recruitments posts on the forums each time) and when you need to be in an alliance for gifting. Kabma Miike putting this clearly in the statement: "To have an uninterrupted Gifting experience, you should be in an Alliance that you intend to stay in before December 6th.", knowing that it won't be possible because of the AW cycle just seems like huge oversight, or they're just fine with a lot of summoners not being able to have an interrupted gifting experience?
    Because AW is on a set schedule. You have to be in an alliance for 14 days before gifting. If you join 2 days before gifting starts, you just have 2 days of gifting. if you join 12 days before the event, you'll just have 2 less days. They aren't going to change AWs schedule for a gifting event.

    Be mad at the people that caused Kabam to go to these lengths and restrictions just to have a gifting event. It's the pathetic cheaters and exploiters that got us here
    Then why not just push the gifting even from Dec 20-Jan 3 to Dec22-Jan 5? That was in their complete control, and starting an event on a Wednesday is just their normal content release day anyways. Doing that would have removed the overlap and obvious issue of summoners not being able to move after AW cycle.
Sign In or Register to comment.