**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Seatin state of the game opinion

Comments

• CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    WHO
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

Siliyo said:

If AW need to be shut down for a while, then so be it. I feel the only reason they keep Seasons alive is to appease to the top tier whales, which is ridiculous. As if they don’t make enough money from Cav crystals. A majority of the community don’t like Season as they are, so why keep it as it is?

For many it's the only game mode worth playing. Who enjoys AQ? It's the same paths, defenders, and fights 5 days a week.
    for many, it’s stressful. AQ is a chore, you don’t like it necessarily but you do it for the rewards because “it’s the same paths, defenders”
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,999 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Wicket329 said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

The summer 2020 roadmap came at a crucial time when discontent was high, just before a generous (and lucrative) July 4. I think it should honestly be re-examined to see where they’ve fallen back on their promises.

Off the top of my head, they promised these things that didn’t work out:

Nerfs to all attack values across 6.1 and 6.2. None were touched. Never gonna bother exploring act 6, personally.

More frequent variant content - canceled and returned to the usual schedule

Crystal/champion control - 4-star and 5-star dual class crystals were great. It has been nearly a year and a half. The 6-star pool has more champs than the 5-star pool iirc, and we’ve got an extra 30-35 champs released since the dual class crystal rollout. Do we have 6-star dual class crystals? Nope. Meaningful access to awakening gems? Nope. Any other crystals besides 300-unit cavaliers or 15,000-shard features to control our champion pool? Nope.

Dude, Act 6 was nerfed into the ground, what are you talking about?
    They promised to nerf attack values for path fights and boss fights across the entire act. Every single fight in 6.1 and 6.2 has the exact same attack value as before. They made mostly-sideways adjustments to Crossbones, made Sinister and Mordo easier, and that was it for those two chapters IIRC.

I’m not gonna run 54 pain-in-the-*** paths of act 6 for a measly 25% t5cc and no meaningful amount of shards.
    *If* anything further were to be done to the front half of Act 6, which to be clear I don’t think is necessary, it should not have anything to do with the attack values in 6.1 and 6.2. Instead, it should be reducing the total number of paths to 6 per quest rather than the current 10.

When I did my Act 6 exploration (which was well before any changes were made to the content), 6.1 and 6.2 weren’t difficult. They were just ungodly long. That’s the only thing that could justifiably be altered still.
    And I have no doubt that if you were in charge of the game, you wouldn’t have promised changes in the first place. Yet, here we are. They promised. They lied.
    I think we need to be more careful about declaring this a lie rather than a change of heart. At the time of the original statement, they likely did intend to reduce those attack values. It wasn’t until further review and testing of the content that they came to the conclusion that such changes were not, in fact, necessary or beneficial. You can, and many have, argued that this was an incorrect conclusion. But I don’t believe it to be a lie.

This is one of those things where it wouldn’t make sense as an intentional lie. What benefit would the company gain from making this promise knowing they had no intent to follow up on it? It makes far more sense that this was an instance of the right hand not knowing what the left was doing, which happens not infrequently because the Dev team and the Comms team are separate entities. Things get lost in the telephone game.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

WHO

This.

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Wicket329 said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

The summer 2020 roadmap came at a crucial time when discontent was high, just before a generous (and lucrative) July 4. I think it should honestly be re-examined to see where they’ve fallen back on their promises.

Nerfs to all attack values across 6.1 and 6.2. None were touched. Never gonna bother exploring act 6, personally.

Crystal/champion control - 4-star and 5-star dual class crystals were great. It has been nearly a year and a half. The 6-star pool has more champs than the 5-star pool iirc, and we’ve got an extra 30-35 champs released since the dual class crystal rollout. Do we have 6-star dual class crystals? Nope. Meaningful access to awakening gems? Nope. Any other crystals besides 300-unit cavaliers or 15,000-shard features to control our champion pool? Nope.

They promised to nerf attack values for path fights and boss fights across the entire act. Every single fight in 6.1 and 6.2 has the exact same attack value as before. They made mostly-sideways adjustments to Crossbones, made Sinister and Mordo easier, and that was it for those two chapters IIRC.

I’m not gonna run 54 pain-in-the-*** paths of act 6 for a measly 25% t5cc and no meaningful amount of shards.
    *If* anything further were to be done to the front half of Act 6, which to be clear I don’t think is necessary, it should not have anything to do with the attack values in 6.1 and 6.2. Instead, it should be reducing the total number of paths to 6 per quest rather than the current 10.

When I did my Act 6 exploration (which was well before any changes were made to the content), 6.1 and 6.2 weren’t difficult. They were just ungodly long. That’s the only thing that could justifiably be altered still.
    And I have no doubt that if you were in charge of the game, you wouldn’t have promised changes in the first place. Yet, here we are. They promised. They lied.
    Road maps are not promises. And if players are going to call the devs liars, whether it is a player here on the forums or Seatin himself in a Youtube video, then the devs would be wise to stop talking to us entirely. Because that's a completely unreasonable burden which I would never accept. I could not recommend what I would not accept myself.

No one has been a bigger advocate for more communication with the devs. No one. But if this is the result of that communication, then it has all been for nothing, because we don't deserve it.
    The exact promise for the nerfs (which started almost immediately) were reduced attack values for path fights and boss fights across the entire act. It was crystal clear and unequivocal.

Maybe it’s harsh to say it was a lie, but making big promises just before big paydays, then having to be absolutely harassed in the forum to admit you’ve changed course months later…that’s not good communication or expectation management. And that’s what happened.

As to the game design piece…

Going to 4r3 - t3b, t3cc and t1a
    4r4 - add t4b
    4r5 - add t5cc
    5r2 uses t4b, t3cc and t1a.
    5r3 adds t4cc
    5r4 adds t2a
    5r5 adds t5b
    Going to 6r2 mirrors 5r5. 6r3 adds t5cc.

Introducing two new resources and rolling them out in random mismatched quantities when they can literally only be used for one thing right now? Makes no sense.

I mostly have no beef with the t5cc numbers. Because we’re talking about a singular resource, if Kabam had arbitrarily changed the design to require a different number, I believe they would’ve adjusted quantities accordingly. If it took 3-4 t5cc to do a rankup, the variants would give out a fully formed one instead of 25%. These 2% crystals might be a mix of 5’s and 10’s.

The only “complaint” I’d have about t5cc is that I might rather have two extra 6r3 than one 6r4. It depends on how future content evolves.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Off the top of my head:

1. I don't recall the developers specifically saying they were going to reduce attack values in 6.1 and 6.2 specifically, and if they did that was likely a misstatement, since the attack values in 6.1 and 6.2 were (as far as I recall) originally comparable to Act 5 values (it was health values that scaled higher in Act 6.1 and 6.2 than Act 5, and attack values soared far above Act 5 in 6.3 and 6.4 in my calculations).

Iirc they later said that the values in act 6.1&2 are fine as it is and will not be changed
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Wicket329 said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

Road maps are not promises. And if players are going to call the devs liars, whether it is a player here on the forums or Seatin himself in a Youtube video, then the devs would be wise to stop talking to us entirely. Because that's a completely unreasonable burden which I would never accept. I could not recommend what I would not accept myself.

No one has been a bigger advocate for more communication with the devs. No one. But if this is the result of that communication, then it has all been for nothing, because we don't deserve it.
    You know when I don’t call someone a liar? When they volunteer that they had to change course. When they volunteer why they changed course. Heck, when they at least provide an explanation when questioned, and I don’t mean after a week-plus of forum posts.

I know there’s a game to grow and promote, but if there are gonna be “roadmap updates” where members of the game team Pat themselves on the back so hard they separate their shoulders, there needs to be some accountability for clear promises that were abandoned.
  • PulliPulli Posts: 116
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Wicket329 said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

Don't deserve it? 😂😂 People like my self PAY for the game. You obviously don't need to, but it's nice to be able to support the game that you play. And if you do pay, you want the game to work, and when it doesn't you get mad.

Anger, disappointment, joy, any type of reaction towards the game, it's progress, and how it functions should be able to be displayed in any way possible.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    Pulli said:

Pulli said:

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Wicket329 said:

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

Don't deserve it? 😂😂 People like my self PAY for the game. You obviously don't need to, but it's nice to be able to support the game that you play. And if you do pay, you want the game to work, and when it doesn't you get mad.

Anger, disappointment, joy, any type of reaction towards the game, it's progress, and how it functions should be able to be displayed in any way possible.
    He's talking about communication. If we're negating that process by being immovable and unreasonable, then we're not respecting the communication we fought for. Also, spending doesn't equal shares in the company.
    Yes. Because wanting a game that works is unreasonable. 🤔😂.

And when something good comes out, we're quite quick to point out how pleased we are with Kabam.

And no that wasn't his point, he was saying that voice in our opinions and having voice our troubles with the game, and they "fix it" (doesn't mean they're fixing it the right way) and we bring that up to kabam's attention, that we don't deserve the changes that we wanted in the first place. Which is re******.

And you obviously have no idea how a business functions, when a business brings in money, the share price goes up because the worth goes up.

So no, spending ABSOLUTELY has something to do with the share price. Don't be a not-smart person
    It's as if you didn't even read what he said.
    Yes, spending affects the company. What it doesn't do is give us entitlement to decide what the company does. We're leasing permission to use their product as they choose to present it. We claim no ownership. That much is in the ToS. Does it matter what we say and how we feel? Obviously. They've also gone out of their way to take our feedback into consideration. That's what's not being acknowledged. They do communicate, and no one wants the game to function more than them. It's their livelihood. However, spending money doesn't permit us to demand perfection, and it doesn't give us the right to ignore their efforts. If we expect and give no respect in return, there's a term for that.