**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Seatin state of the game opinion

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★

I have been

DalBot said:

And also correct. Stocks go up because of profit, not sales.

It's almost as if there is a direct correlation between more sales and more profit
    Think what you want. Sales doesn't always equal profit.
    How much money do they put into the game? Servers need upgrades, new technology, software, etc.

Not to mention the employees. The last year and a half has been miserable to all of us, but this game has persisted. The employees there need some kind of acknowledgment for their efforts. We sit here and malign the company as if it’s some kind of Umbrella corporation (different game - I know), but they’re people just like us.

I’ve been mad many times and wanted this and that - but I’ve had to grow up just the same. Maybe it’s time everyone sees this for what it is - a game, a community, a good time while the company tries to make a living.
    Anything you buy in the game, 30% of that goes to apple or Google. The rest goes to everything else-
    Marvels cut
    Bills- servers, building rent/maintenance.
    Paying employees
    Putting money into developing the game further.
    The rest goes to Netmarble for whatever they want.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

I just feel that it's very disappointing that, at least from all appearances, it takes Seatin and other Content Creators to make videos for it to feel like any feedback has any actual impact.

This I understand, however I feel (of which I’m guilty of as well) that the manner in which we approach these forums is sometimes abrasive to the administrators?

Seatin does hold more “socio-economic” control of the game than we do as individuals, for lack of a better descriptor- but if we all banded together positively and constructively perhaps we could have a positive impact and get things done?
  • Options

I have been

DalBot said:

And also correct. Stocks go up because of profit, not sales.

It's almost as if there is a direct correlation between more sales and more profit
    Think what you want. Sales doesn't always equal profit.
    How much money do they put into the game? Servers need upgrades, new technology, software, etc.

Not to mention the employees. The last year and a half has been miserable to all of us, but this game has persisted. The employees there need some kind of acknowledgment for their efforts. We sit here and malign the company as if it’s some kind of Umbrella corporation (different game - I know), but they’re people just like us.

I’ve been mad many times and wanted this and that - but I’ve had to grow up just the same. Maybe it’s time everyone sees this for what it is - a game, a community, a good time while the company tries to make a living.
    Anything you buy in the game, 30% of that goes to apple or Google. The rest goes to everything else-
    Marvels cut
    Bills- servers, building rent/maintenance.
    Paying employees
    Putting money into developing the game further.
    The rest goes to Netmarble for whatever they want.
    Exactly. I feel as if sometimes our approach on here is with a gigantonormous sense of entitlement.

• Options

DalBot said:

Digital items with no cost.... Huh. Now I know you're full of 💩

Please do expound on the materials cost to create digital characters? I mentioned overhead, so let's see the pretzel twisting you do to continue trying to veer this topic in to the wastebin of deletion.
    It's not worth my time. It's way over your head anyway.
    While there are no overhead costs in terms of materials that you input a color to a champ, there is hardware and software upgrades, not to mention server manipulation and expansion every time Kabam wants to introduce a new mechanic - let’s say perfect release where they slow down time.

The software development in that can be developed internally or they need to sub contract it to others outside the company.

If developed internally there is a lot of R&D that is needed. Some components may exist, others need to be purchased.

I’m not a software engineering guy but my best friend is, and she’s explained a lot to me as we discuss MCOC.

Just so we can understand that it costs money and time to make our beloved champs.
  • Options

DalBot said:

Please do expound on the materials cost to create digital characters? I mentioned overhead, so let's see the pretzel twisting you do to continue trying to veer this topic in to the wastebin of deletion.
    While there are no overhead costs in terms of materials that you input a color to a champ, there is hardware and software upgrades, not to mention server manipulation and expansion every time Kabam wants to introduce a new mechanic - let’s say perfect release where they slow down time.

The software development in that can be developed internally or they need to sub contract it to others outside the company.

If developed internally there is a lot of R&D that is needed. Some components may exist, others need to be purchased.

I’m not a software engineering guy but my best friend is, and she’s explained a lot to me as we discuss MCOC.

Just so we can understand that it costs money and time to make our beloved champs.
    Correct. He knows, he's just being difficult.
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

DalBot said:

It's almost like there's a term for that... I think it's overhead. Server upgrades don't happen nearly as often as folks would like you to believe. Most changes are done on the software and programming side. These aren't massive cost investments and sales numbers make it pretty clear just how much profit is being made off of these digital materials.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

The materials cost to create digital characters?
    Oh God.

All of Kabam, and the departments within Kabam, and teams working in those departments, the game economy that they are building, the game engine that they are refactoring, the deliverables, the complex business rules, the complex technical requirements, the great design, the testing (lol but seriously), the QA team, the release team, the infrastructure team.
    The unsung heroes like Human Resources and Legal and everything else that goes into this blender.
    All of the software and licenses they need to procure and renew to build these digital characters, and the salaries they have to pay to the people that build them.

What do you think these are, if not overhead? They are running a game economy. And the profitability of that economy fuels this company.

How could you say there is no overhead? Your argument has gone to waste.

I quite LITERALLY mentioned overhead but, hey, thanks for noticing!
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    DalBot said:

Rookiie said:

The materials cost to create digital characters?
    Oh God.

All of Kabam, and the departments within Kabam, and teams working in those departments, the game economy that they are building, the game engine that they are refactoring, the deliverables, the complex business rules, the complex technical requirements, the great design, the testing (lol but seriously), the QA team, the release team, the infrastructure team.
    The unsung heroes like Human Resources and Legal and everything else that goes into this blender.
    All of the software and licenses they need to procure and renew to build these digital characters, and the salaries they have to pay to the people that build them.

What do you think these are, if not overhead? They are running a game economy. And the profitability of that economy fuels this company.

How could you say there is no overhead? Your argument has gone to waste.

I quite LITERALLY mentioned overhead but, hey, thanks for noticing!

You said no cost and minimal overhead. That’s not true. Everything I mentioned shows you that it comes at a hefty cost and definitely not minimal overhead!
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

You said no cost and minimal overhead. That’s not true. Everything I mentioned shows you that it comes at a hefty cost and definitely not minimal overhead!

Would love to know your definition of "hefty cost" compared to profit margins
  • Options
    DalBot said:

Rookiie said:

Would love to know your definition of "hefty cost" compared to profit margins

I would prefer it if you explained your definition of no cost and minimal overhead.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

I would prefer it if you explained your definition of no cost and minimal overhead.

Easy, there's no materials cost to add new content unless it somehow alters the entire delivery of the game. Servers aren't added for new challenges or champs or offers, those are coded by on staff coders for the most part. Thus overhead. Maybe some costs if they need to lease a specific software from another developer but that's highly rare. The main issue is they lease the game engine from another party and, well, we've seen how that's been working out lately.
  • Options
    DalBot said:

DalBot said:

It's amazing how all over the place you are every single time you come on here. One moment it's all "these is digital content so you have no right to have an attachment to pixels" while also arguing "there is so much blood, sweat and tears put in to this so you should be grateful for all of their hard work".

Pick a lane and stick with it bro
    *this
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Even though Kabam Mike pretty said what I was thinking I’m still going post my thoughts. They way I see it Kabam got us by the balls, there are no consequences for they’re failures and expectations not met. They communicate when they feel it. I get they are not out pet, but at the same time it reflects how they view us. Considering how huge this game and community is, you’d think their customer relations will be on point but far from it and this is the base of all the issues. A father may be broke and how his kid views it might be different.
    Ex. We've all been noticing AI changes, many of us have commented on this and Kabam just can't be bothered with a response…Yes / No / we’re not sure / Imagine it was an issue that favors the player-base, somehow sonic will show up and do wonders. Yeah they’ve commented on this thread, must Seatin or other big CC set in motion something first. I won’t say they don’t communicate at all but it’s not enough. This has nothing to do with entitlement but just customer relations, the community is huge and cares about the game regardless of how annoying we can be when frustrated.
  • Options
    DalBot said:

Rookiie said:

Easy, there's no materials cost to add new content unless it somehow alters the entire delivery of the game. Servers aren't added for new challenges or champs or offers, those are coded by on staff coders for the most part. Thus overhead. Maybe some costs if they need to lease a specific software from another developer but that's highly rare. The main issue is they lease the game engine from another party and, well, we've seen how that's been working out lately.
    It's pretty amazing watching you self own here. Keep going.
  • Options
    DalBot said:

Rookiie said:

No materials cost... how do you know that? Do you think the game just magically designs itself? What do you think the unity engine is? They all have computers and design software. LOL. Wow.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Rookiie said:

They've been partnering all along. As for the costs, code doesn't make itself. The people who work there don't pay their own salaries. Balancing influxes and internal economics doesn't happen autonomously. Those pixels aren't just imaginary. They have a cost and a value, on our side and theirs.
  • Options
    DalBot said:

Rookiie said:

I’m interested to know in your book how there isn’t materials cost to adding new content.

To me, it involves the Quest design team (an actual team), the QA & Testing team, the Content team (for dialogue) and the Community / Communications team at the very minimum. Also I’m not exactly sure which team manages the Game Economy but I’m sure the rewards and whatever titles may come with it factor in there somewhere. Project management to track whatever was added, however they track it. Issue management and change control will be a part of the project management office.

On another point when it comes to servers and licenses, I think you could have explained that a bit better, and that’s how I know you don’t work in IT.
    When it comes to software services, Kabam would, to the best of my knowledge, have procured:

1) Licenses to use characters.
    2) IT Infrastructure, which could have been procured as cloud services for at least the following: profile management, data and storage, analytics. If not procured as cloud services then these would have been built and maintained in-house in a data center, which increases overhead.
    3) Software licenses for character build, for character animations, for automation testing (unless something was built in-house), an admin panel for management of in-game resources, built and maintained in-house.
    4) You’ve also got licenses for cybersecurity and vulnerability penetration testers, and an analytics team who make sure people aren’t exploiting the game.
    5) You’ve got Kabam support, who will have an incident management system (license or built in-house).

Yeah, that’s what comes to mind right now, and this is without consideration of the approval processes they’ve set up, the monitoring and reporting of KPIs to management, and the involvement of stakeholders and other vendors and partners.

It’s a big ecosystem, and it costs a lot of time and money to maintain.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

I’m interested to know in your book how there isn’t materials cost to adding new content.

To me, it involves the Quest design team (an actual team), the QA & Testing team, the Content team (for dialogue) and the Community / Communications team at the very minimum. Also I’m not exactly sure which team manages the Game Economy but I’m sure the rewards and whatever titles may come with it factor in there somewhere. Project management to track whatever was added, however they track it. Issue management and change control will be a part of the project management office.

On another point when it comes to servers and licenses, I think you could have explained that a bit better, and that’s how I know you don’t work in IT.
    When it comes to software services, Kabam would, to the best of my knowledge, have procured:

2) IT Infrastructure, which could have been procured as cloud services for at least the following: profile management, data and storage, analytics. If not procured as cloud services then these would have been built and maintained in-house in a data center, which increases overhead.
    3) Software licenses for character build, for character animations, for automation testing (unless something was built in-house), an admin panel for management of in-game resources, built and maintained in-house.
    4) You’ve also got licenses for cybersecurity and vulnerability penetration testers, and an analytics team who make sure people aren’t exploiting the game.
    5) You’ve got Kabam support, who will have an incident management system (license or built in-house).

Yeah, that’s what comes to mind right now, and this is without consideration of the approval processes they’ve set up, the monitoring and reporting of KPIs to management, and the involvement of stakeholders and other vendors and partners.

You didn't even include other groups that are important to any large business such as HR and legal teams.

You know what? Any large corporation has those exact same expenses. The difference; this company makes money hand over fist off of digital content. It's a very lucrative enterprise compared to standard retail organizations that have much grater expenses and much lesser profit margin because they deal with all of those expenses but also deal with product spoilage, transportation costs, retail location cost expenses and so much more.

The profit margins tell you all that you need to know and they are making money at a pace similar to when the game was better, without delivering a quality player experience due to a broken product by their own admission. That's a problem.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Rookiie said:

You didn't even include other groups that are important to any large business such as HR and legal teams.

You know what? Any large corporation has those exact same expenses. The difference; this company makes money hand over fist off of digital content. It's a very lucrative enterprise compared to standard retail organizations that have much grater expenses and much lesser profit margin because they deal with all of those expenses but also deal with product spoilage, transportation costs, retail location cost expenses and so much more.

The profit margins tell you all that you need to know and they are making money at a pace similar to when the game was better, without delivering a quality player experience due to a broken product by their own admission. That's a problem.
    Netmarble is.
  • Options
    DalBot said:

Rookiie said:

I mentioned HR and legal teams two posts ago, so I hope you were being sarcastic.

And yes I understand your message, that organizations in the IT industry are typically smaller than organizations in other industries that are heavy on supply-chain. And that profit margins are higher because of this. But there’s something you’re missing:

IT is the one of most complex industries up there. If not the most complex. We have a famous saying in IT: 9 women can’t make a baby in a month. Which means, even if you increased the team nine-fold, it does not mean that the time will reduce by the proportionate amount.

So when you demand things to work, you need to be patient, because eventually they will work. Just not at the pace you want it to.

I hope my side of the argument brought you some insight.
  • Options
    JubaknightJubaknight Posts: 82
    Rebuilding a completely new roaster 5* after 4*. Then 6* after 4* is a major demotivate. I think the game would be a way better if you just keep building your roaster and this star business is not their.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I can relate with Seatin. No amount of energy can compensate for the fact that AQ is a chore. The best moment of the year for me when AQ was skipped for an entire week and we've got double the rewards from Kabam. That should have been implemented years ago.
  • Options
    csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    Seatin seems very in touch with how a lot of us feel in the community. He may not being playing hardcore like he was, but the points he made are very much the same things I have been feeling for months and maybe even years.