**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Have you or are you planning to complete this month's Cavs EQ?

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
Just interested to see if you have or are planning to complete this month's Cavs EQ.

In other months I would have completed it by now and having fun doing it, this month I'm not even close and don't plan to.

How about you guys?

Have you or are you planning to complete this month's Cavs EQ? 105 votes

Yes 100% explored - Loved it
28%
Severus35ccrider474LuciusVorenusMityAntAnArChYrockykostonpseudosaneMadhanHiphopWicket329joke1004Colinwhitworth69MiStaLovaFenicoGarrettNBocksaroxFiiNCHSteel_Ball_RunPrakhar_82Zan0Zeuszero 30 votes
Yes 100% explored - Hated it
21%
DeeparviMr_PlatypusallinashesJwallace25BioHaZarD007RockermanVuDahSw0rdMasterBrokenReferencenoor17RockypantherxTruckaceCage_1Sleipnirrod_coloAlexBossuTerry_BolleaTactigonSuperjoe8293 23 votes
Will just do completion (not exploration)
17%
zuffyWillsy21JakearoundRaichu626Grootman1294dot_dittodump_monkeydeepblack12RenaxqqJessieSChikelSuperiorSymbioteEtherealityHoitadoDraconic_12Captain_MonticaLBN1GrassKnuckles 18 votes
No, and don't plan to complete (this would be the first time not doing it)
14%
CropDusterp01arisMreyay2234JJPjumperNapaHeroJoBoB1982Justin2524B00tblackNix2222OakenshieldNalak8CyrillFromTulaThomildo4cCc400Francis00 15 votes
No, and don't plan to (haven't completed it for a while now)
4%
BulmktK_PThe_HoTUCangaceiroNoobda 5 votes
Currently Undecided
13%
fmussapDragonMCOCMagonusTatteredSailCap366John757OGAvengerEwell65SSS69PastorAmericaReignkingTWSavage123456789BuggyDClownMasterMikeFink 14 votes

Comments

• EinfachSoEinfachSo Posts: 269 ★★
    Yes 100% explored - it was ok
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,533 ★★★★★
    Currently Undecided
    I always do 100% but it is so confusing that I'm not that motivated.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Had to qualify that I think the Merc/GOTG path needs some node changes or an additional tag like X-men. Also the Luke Cage fight was ridiculous.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I found it fun - I agree with others above though, the 3.1 node wasn’t the best one to go for with the parry bug still lingering.

I liked the tag system; I ended up using champs i’d not used in ages (e.g. domino trinity, Medusa), but I liked the fact it wasn’t too restrictive (used Herc 95% of the time for 3.2 quest).
  • BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    I will explore it soon. The thing is, if you arent truly endgame, and dont have champs with tags for nodes, you still can use other champs, that don't benefit from tag-based buffs, but they can still get it done. 2.2, Doom and Mr. Fanta walked over it like nothing, Doom even cheesed it. If you wont build your team over those tags, it can be done, nevertheless, its not as es as cav EQ's before.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,214 ★★★★★
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I think the word “hate” is too vague for me. My feeling after exploration is it is not challenging, just annoying and discouraging.

Tag system look like to “motivate” player to use more different champ vs class-based EQ, but I consider it is still confining player to limit set of champs. If you look at Cat’s infographic and think again, tag system is just another class system. Some may argue that you’re not confined to just using tag champs (E.g. you don’t need Merc/GoTG for exploring Act 3.1), but actually you can do the same under class system. In fact I always used other class champs even though they are not the specific class as required by the particular Act.

To a certain extent I think I’m one of the beneficiaries of tag system as I have deep roster and I always exhaust all rank up resources in ranking up a diversified set of champs. However the tag system may force players to rank up something which they don’t need before. e.g. Think about how many champs really worth under GoTG tag?

The nodes combination is another issue of this month’s Cav EQ, which I’m not planning to say too much here.

I won’t use the word “garbage” either to describe this Cav EQ as it is also quite funny and enjoyable when you find that some champs can cheese through the entire path.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    First run was hard, but then it was fine once I got used to the new changes.

3.1 was tough but I had counters.
  • BioHaZarD007BioHaZarD007 Posts: 58
    Just gonna explore it because its there. I used to be a little excited before the change in the nodes but now it's become a chore.
  • CirrusCirrus Posts: 87

I will explore it soon. The thing is, if you arent truly endgame, and dont have champs with tags for nodes, you still can use other champs, that don't benefit from tag-based buffs, but they can still get it done. 2.2, Doom and Mr. Fanta walked over it like nothing, Doom even cheesed it. If you wont build your team over those tags, it can be done, nevertheless, its not as es as cav EQ's before.

Yes i used domino , hitmonkey , and white mags with aa for alot of fights worked alt better thanbi expected and took sunspot for fury
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    100% it already. Wouldn’t say hate or love it. 3.1 was really poor design but the rest was okay.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    EinfachSo said:

Yes 100% explored - it was ok

Same.
  • Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    I really enjoyed this month’s EQ, but I only say that because I happened to have great champs already ranked up for each tag. So in terms of overall accessibility for Cav players and up, I don’t think it was designed very well, but I got lucky enough to have fun with it
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,751 ★★★★★
    I neither loved nor hated it, but I did 100% it. I liked parts of it but there were also other parts where I just had the least fun I've ever had in EQ. 3.1 was a massive, time-consuming, soul-crushing chore. Meanwhile, 1.1 and 3.2 were really fun.

A mixed bag.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    First cav EQ in which I've gone past chapter 1. I've completed all but the final quest so far and planning to fully explore, or at least get as close to exploration as possible.

Although this is more due to a roster upgrade than anything else. I don't think the node changes actually made much of a difference from the past EQs.

As far as the quest itself? I enjoyed it. There are some annoying paths, but that's meant to be part of the challenge, no? Uncollected puts me to sleep at this point. Outside of permanent content, which is more roster dependent than EQs, Cav difficulty and side quests, depending on their quality on any given month, are the only things to look for at this point.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    My feelings isnt on the list

100% it and it was refreshing (at some parts) but annoying at some

If the tags can be an 'OR' instead of an 'AND' or better still an option for both like my orginal post when it first came out (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/219756/champion-filter#latest)

it would have made it much easier. For the most part, I ignored the tags apart from the physical resistance one

Not a big fan of root but i guess just needs practice to get the hang of it.

3.1 was easily the worst chapter for me
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,682 ★★★★
    No, and don't plan to complete (this would be the first time not doing it)
    First time not doing it in a number of months. Don’t like the new setup, and don’t have as deep enough roster with these champs ranked, and don’t want to take the time needed to brute force it with non flagged champs.

Hoping they revert it next month.

Do think this is probably more interesting/fun if you have a more developed roster, so to me the best idea seems to be to revert Cavalier to class based and use the new version as a new Thronebreaker difficulty.
  • GunterD_1GunterD_1 Posts: 18
    Didn't like it for the first run, but made a few adjustments for the exploration, and it wasn't too bad. Definitely warmed up to it more as I went along, appreciated the change.

When everything clicked (falcon on 2.2) it was really fun. Figure they'll work out how to tweak it to smooth out the most irritating parts going forward.