**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

In Honor of MCOC 7th Year, Share Your Favorite Memories of the Past!

2»

Comments

• Options
    SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    Taking down maestro,collector the champion and the grandmaster
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    My favourite moment of all time in MCOC was in 2016 and I was visiting America. I was flying back home to the UK alone, (the rest of my family had gone earlier while I stayed for some work experience) and was sat in Atlanta airport.

I had been saving 5* Shards for Loki's featured crystal. Now, for context there's a couple things to point out. One, that was a good idea at the time, Loki was a new champ and pretty cool. This was before 12.0, so there were about 6 champs really worth using in the game, Cap WW2, Wolverine, Black Widow, OG Thor, Dr Strange and Star Lord. Anyone who was slightly good compared to them were worth getting and ranking. The extent of utility was basically have damage, or heal. Loki's buff steal was new and exciting.

Secondly, the featured crystals worked differently then. It used to be a 20% chance for the featured champ (well, we didn't know it then. Drop rates weren't released, but community sourced data generally agreed it was around 1/5, then when drop rates were released it was confirmed to be 20%). So targeting a specific champ was definitely easier.

So I'd saved up 30k 5* shards, I was not good at hoarding so be proud, and I had almost decided to go for Loki. But just as I felt like I'd decided, Gambit was released. This completely blew my choice wide open, all my alliance mates were hyped on Loki but Gambit seemed so cool! He has awesome looking specials, his damage was extremely respectable in those days, his stun was a cool utility, and concussion? Stopping abilities from working? Wow! Plus, I had grown up on super hero films and while X-men Origins was not the best, shall we say, I always loved Gambit in it.

So I decided not to go for Loki but I wasn't sure whether to go for gambit now. And that brings us to me sitting in the airport, 30k shards ready to buy 2 Crystals.

I still hadn't decided, and I was sitting at the departure gate going back and forward in my mind, when the announcement came that the gate was opening in 5 minutes. I guess it kind of spurred me on and I decided to go for it, I grabbed two of the Kinetic crystals without much thought. I set it on the spinner and just said to myself, at least once, please at least one be Gambit. And the first one landed on Gambit! I was so happy, I threw the other one on the spinner without a care and again, landed on Gambit awakening him. I'm sure most of us have opened crystals in public settings, and it's hard not to celebrate too much! These were the first ever featured crystals I'd opened, hearing nothing but bad things about alliance mates missing out. And I got Gambit twice! I grabbed a screenshot of my new champion, and then had to board the plane.

Unfortunately, I clearly didn't have a chance to mess around with the newest addition to my roster. So I spent a lot of the 10 or so hour long flight staring at a screenshot of Gambit, not believing my luck, with my phone on airplane mode!

Later, when we began to get T2A, I took Gambit up as my first 5* R4. I don't have all the screenshots of the time, but I have this one of a little later when I ranked up BP OG as well, as my second.

I still have a soft spot for Gambit, and when he got buffed I was so happy. In fact, writing this post has reminded me nostalgically of that moment, so I may take Gambit up as my next mutant R3!

• Options
    ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    Getting my first 5 star, Sabretooth. It may not be obvious even after the many times I said it but he's my favorite champ and have him maxed.

Too bad I don't use him anymore because I have a 6* of him, which I will rank 3 and rank 4 him because I like him too much.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

My favourite moment of all time in MCOC was in 2016 and I was visiting America. I was flying back home to the UK alone, (the rest of my family had gone earlier while I stayed for some work experience) and was sat in Atlanta airport.

I had been saving 5* Shards for Loki's featured crystal. Now, for context there's a couple things to point out. One, that was a good idea at the time, Loki was a new champ and pretty cool. This was before 12.0, so there were about 6 champs really worth using in the game, Cap WW2, Wolverine, Black Widow, OG Thor, Dr Strange and Star Lord. Anyone who was slightly good compared to them were worth getting and ranking. The extent of utility was basically have damage, or heal. Loki's buff steal was new and exciting.

Secondly, the featured crystals worked differently then. It used to be a 20% chance for the featured champ (well, we didn't know it then. Drop rates weren't released, but community sourced data generally agreed it was around 1/5, then when drop rates were released it was confirmed to be 20%). So targeting a specific champ was definitely easier.

So I'd saved up 30k 5* shards, I was not good at hoarding so be proud, and I had almost decided to go for Loki. But just as I felt like I'd decided, Gambit was released. This completely blew my choice wide open, all my alliance mates were hyped on Loki but Gambit seemed so cool! He has awesome looking specials, his damage was extremely respectable in those days, his stun was a cool utility, and concussion? Stopping abilities from working? Wow! Plus, I had grown up on super hero films and while X-men Origins was not the best, shall we say, I always loved Gambit in it.

So I decided not to go for Loki but I wasn't sure whether to go for gambit now. And that brings us to me sitting in the airport, 30k shards ready to buy 2 Crystals.

I still hadn't decided, and I was sitting at the departure gate going back and forward in my mind, when the announcement came that the gate was opening in 5 minutes. I guess it kind of spurred me on and I decided to go for it, I grabbed two of the Kinetic crystals without much thought. I set it on the spinner and just said to myself, at least once, please at least one be Gambit. And the first one landed on Gambit! I was so happy, I threw the other one on the spinner without a care and again, landed on Gambit awakening him. I'm sure most of us have opened crystals in public settings, and it's hard not to celebrate too much! These were the first ever featured crystals I'd opened, hearing nothing but bad things about alliance mates missing out. And I got Gambit twice! I grabbed a screenshot of my new champion, and then had to board the plane.

Unfortunately, I clearly didn't have a chance to mess around with the newest addition to my roster. So I spent a lot of the 10 or so hour long flight staring at a screenshot of Gambit, not believing my luck, with my phone on airplane mode!

Later, when we began to get T2A, I took Gambit up as my first 5* R4. I don't have all the screenshots of the time, but I have this one of a little later when I ranked up BP OG as well, as my second.

I still have a soft spot for Gambit, and when he got buffed I was so happy. In fact, writing this post has reminded me nostalgically of that moment, so I may take Gambit up as my next mutant R3!

I like the vivid memory share, nice!
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,761 ★★★★★
    Maybe two years ago, I was probably days away from quitting my alliance because I just didn't like the direction it was taking. Too much turmoil and drama, too much focus on hardcore grind and top scores.

Then the leader quit because we weren't doing enough and he wanted to join a higher-tier alliance that pushed more for top results (fair enough). Since the alliance was pretty much in shambles and all of the other trusted officers had left, he...just made me leader. Without consulting me about it. He just ditched the alliance and left it in my hands.

Since then, I've slowly built it up again after maybe 60% of our members had left due to the infighting. Some of the old members came back and have become some of my most trusted officers and we've just overall thrived in the years since then. I think my proudest moment was when we did better than we'd ever done in both AQ and AW back in May or so. I was so happy with where we were and how far we'd come.

Then all the bugs came crashing in like a wrecking ball and upended a lot of that which was extremely demoralizing, but we've slowly crawled our way back and while our AQ score has yet to reach our pre-bug heights, our AW score has soared at least.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Becoming Uncollected or becoming War Champion
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Pulling 4* Stealthy to complete the holy trinity and absolutely blitzing act 5 with that trio.

My absolute favorite moment to date.

Close second is when Cull was bugged for a week and critting for 50-100k mediums. So fun.
  • Options
    DragonfeiDragonfei Posts: 260 ★★
    edited December 2021
    My best memory -

Sitting on 9,100 units for the double 6* Jubilee Basic Arena - ready to do anything I could to get her both rounds. Budgeting out my time and what I would spend unit-wise. It's the night before the arena, I'm finishing prep by opening Supreme Solo crystals, when I remember.

Back when Jubilee was released, I bought a single Featured Cav for her that I was sitting on for good luck. I had wanted to keep it longer, but on the truly WILD off-chance that something could happen, I decided to open it.

It stopped on a 6* Jubilee.

I have never been more astonished, or amazed, but that pull was absolutely everything, and saved me a second round of the arena. I put up more than 70 mil in the Basic for her and got her, and it was worth every single second, without a doubt.

That's my best MCOC memory - getting the champion I had a chance to help design, by both a crystal, and in the arena, and now she is going to be my first R4 at some point in the future!
  • Options
    KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★
    Ah yes, I’m miss the days of parry/dex working! Content working when it dropped and people being happy about the game!
  • Options
    AceymcocAceymcoc Posts: 195 ★★
    Probably all the people I’ve met
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    When they finally added the Fantastic Four.
  • Options
    RavenKeeperRavenKeeper Posts: 279 ★★★
    When the game actually worked 🤗
  • Options
    DH_forum_1DH_forum_1 Posts: 81
    My favorite moment was last month when I pulled a 5* Hercules and then used a 5* generic AG on him.... oh wait.... i now regret this happy moment. THANKS Kabam
  • Options
    BlackVikingBlackViking Posts: 4
    Some of my favorite moments:
    - Gifting event of 2019, boosted my account like hell.
    - Getting CGR from the only featured 6* I have opened till now.
    - Was stuck at 6.1.5 CB due to lack of counter in July 2020, UC AW compensation came for me, popped a 6* Warlock, became Cavalier, got Cav AW compensation, and popped a 6* Nick.
    - Completion of Act 7.1 and 7.2 during 2nd week of SOP hoping to form 50% Tech T5CC for Warlock and luck did side by me. Became TB and got T5CCs for taking CGR and Magneto to R3.
  • Options
    Super_Gamer_Boy518Super_Gamer_Boy518 Posts: 73
    edited December 2021
    One of my favorite moments was when I got uncollected. It took a lot of work but it was worth it. And It gave me enough shards for my 2nd six star and I got silver surfer.
  • Options
    FloorKillerFloorKiller Posts: 148 ★★

Back in the days, when we were young and free
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    My favorite part was when SW got to stun the opponent and herself so it was like watching 2 bobble heads 🤣
  • Options
    jacksparrow1jacksparrow1 Posts: 60
    My best memory was when I pulled a 5 star stark Spidey as my first 5 star when he was added to the basics.
  • Options
    jacksparrow1jacksparrow1 Posts: 60

Back in the days, when we were young and free

Agreed man. I miss those days, this game had so much craze back then.
  • Options
    NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 194
    Iron Fist’s gold gloves! They were glorious!
  • Options
    the2425ladiesmanthe2425ladiesman Posts: 14
    edited December 2021
    Mine was when i got my first ever four star from a phc and it was doctor strange. And having a doctor strange at that time was a big deal cause he was such a good champion. I still remember life steal healing him all the way back to full yellow bar.

Edit:- also i wasnt a throne breaker before the summer of pain event but got half of a class catalyst selector and chose mutant. i had decided that my throne breaker rankup will be a mutant champion only as i had some of it and i needed just 10 percent of mutant but i didnt had good mutants as six stars so i decided to rank up my sunspot. when i defeated the grandmaster i had 3 six stars to open.i was wishing for a good mutant (mostly for apoc) and first crystal landed on apoc and i just jumped on my bed and ran out of the house in happiness. that was such a great feeling.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Mine was when i got my first ever four star from a phc and it was doctor strange. And having a doctor strange at that time was a big deal cause he was such a good champion. I still remember life steal healing him all the way back to full yellow bar.

Edit:- also i wasnt a throne breaker before the summer of pain event but got half of a class catalyst selector and chose mutant. i had decided that my throne breaker rankup will be a mutant champion only as i had some of it and i needed just 10 percent of mutant but i didnt had good mutants as six stars so i decided to rank up my sunspot. when i defeated the grandmaster i had 3 six stars to open.i was wishing for a good mutant (mostly for apoc) and first crystal landed on apoc and i just jumped on my bed and ran out of the house in happiness. that was such a great feeling.

He was my second, I was so pumped! My first was king groot….lol