**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Gold boost live or not yet? [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Can you explain why this is worse? I'd like to take that to the team. If the increase is to odds to give you more gold, I'm not sure why that's worse than just a plain boost to gold if it averages out to the same thing.

Before , if we pulled 10k gold, the boost increased it to 12k gold.
    What the announcement made it seem was instead of 12k, we would now pull 13 k instead of the original 10k. That was what everyone or atleast most expected.
    I think the goal here is that this way, if you would have pulled 100k, you're usually going to pull 130k. So it definitely works out to a boost, but not on a single crystal basis.
    Why go that route instead of the usual flat method? Unnecessary complication and conversations.
    Because we can't ever make things easy on ourselves :unamused:
    Coppin said:

Wait are u guys trying to say that with this method a gold crystal has a chance to "crit" for 30% more... Thats not better than the 2x a year 20% boost...

Not at all, and this is why I need somebody who understands this better to explain. This is not about a chance to get 30%, it's about everything averaging out to 30% on average when opening your crystals. This is taking things like Drop Rates and amount into account. There is no world in which a temporary 20% boost is better here.
    I can confirm I would rather get the temporary 20% boost to everything vs this…
  • luka777777luka777777 Posts: 39
    Awawag said:

Can you explain why this is worse? I'd like to take that to the team. If the increase is to odds to give you more gold, I'm not sure why that's worse than just a plain boost to gold if it averages out to the same thing.

This is worse because in a game where so much is RNG based (champions, signature stones, awakening gems, etc.), we would like gold, a simple basic resource, to not be. The old 20% gold boost was a guaranteed boost, I know exactly what I'm going to get -- 20% more than what I would get without the boost, nice and simple.

It is true, the announcement did not specify that it would be a 30% boost per crystal, but I think most players assumed that it was (me included) because it is to replace the old system. Up on closer inspection, I can see that it is an approximate 30% boost to the expected value and not a 30% boost to each individual crystal. This means that on a good day, I can get more than 30% of what I was originally getting. However, this also means that there are going to be bad days where it seems like I'm not getting a boost at all. It is true that in the long run, law of averages will give us a 30% overall increase in gold. But considering how many things are already RNG based in this game, and how gold is a basic resource, we would really prefer to have something nice and simple for a change.

When did they say that the boost would be "rng" depentant? I didn't see that stated. This is bg, Kabam!
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★

this is what mine is for UC crystals
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Did that 30% increase meant that there is a 30% chance that u wont get the minimum ammount possible?.. cause in that case it kinda makes sense but is still worse than the 20% increase ..
  • crysstcrysst Posts: 42
    the 30% permanent boost gold is a bulshit on our face, open 3 cristal , all 3 was 15.000 gold, so where are the permanent boost? are the same cristal for 100%. If was 19500 gold each then i was know there is a 30% boost but i have badluck and receive minimum
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Can you explain why this is worse? I'd like to take that to the team. If the increase is to odds to give you more gold, I'm not sure why that's worse than just a plain boost to gold if it averages out to the same thing.

Before , if we pulled 10k gold, the boost increased it to 12k gold.
    What the announcement made it seem was instead of 12k, we would now pull 13 k instead of the original 10k. That was what everyone or atleast most expected.
    I think the goal here is that this way, if you would have pulled 100k, you're usually going to pull 130k. So it definitely works out to a boost, but not on a single crystal basis.

Not at all, and this is why I need somebody who understands this better to explain. This is not about a chance to get 30%, it's about everything averaging out to 30% on average when opening your crystals. This is taking things like Drop Rates and amount into account. There is no world in which a temporary 20% boost is better here.
    The temporary boost isn't better. But it's not that much better now either.
  • Naz_786Naz_786 Posts: 150

Popped 51 uncollected crystals to see if what the mods are claiming is true about the rng. Based on this and many others I’ve seen at 18k or so a crystal it’s closer to a 20% boost. It is highly misleading to release a post describing a 30% gold boost permanently without disclosing it is entirely based on rng. Sad to say but in most countries in mobile games and other businesses it’s illegal to make false and misleading statements to customers. Most countries have laws around advertising standards and I wish some devs would actually be ethical and release full and accurate information…… not information they kinda wanted us to half know then turn around and try to backtrack. If you put lipstick on a spiderpig it’s still a spiderpig

100% agree
  • 6ermz6ermz Posts: 6
    So do we just open gold crystals now or will there be changes ?
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    How could something so simple go so wrong? just... wow....
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Stop opening crystals though... If they fix this u don't want wanna flood the forums asking for compensation for the crystals u opened previous to the fix