**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Gold boost live or not yet? [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Here are my openings: all UC crystals

• Options
    CJLCJL Posts: 29
    Sooo your saying keep hoarding or no? Is this working or not?
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    They should've just clarified that every gold drop would not be increased by 30%. Communication please!
  • Options
    CobraSCobraS Posts: 56

Can you explain why this is worse? I'd like to take that to the team. If the increase is to odds to give you more gold, I'm not sure why that's worse than just a plain boost to gold if it averages out to the same thing.

Before , if we pulled 10k gold, the boost increased it to 12k gold.
    What the announcement made it seem was instead of 12k, we would now pull 13 k instead of the original 10k. That was what everyone or atleast most expected.
    I think the goal here is that this way, if you would have pulled 100k, you're usually going to pull 130k. So it definitely works out to a boost, but not on a single crystal basis.
    Why go that route instead of the usual flat method? Unnecessary complication and conversations.
    Because we can't ever make things easy on ourselves :unamused:
    Coppin said:

Wait are u guys trying to say that with this method a gold crystal has a chance to "crit" for 30% more... Thats not better than the 2x a year 20% boost...

Not at all, and this is why I need somebody who understands this better to explain. This is not about a chance to get 30%, it's about everything averaging out to 30% on average when opening your crystals. This is taking things like Drop Rates and amount into account. There is no world in which a temporary 20% boost is better here.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    SMH
  • Options
    TawliTawli Posts: 67
    DId you possible manipulate the arena crystal as well? I opened 30 UC arena crystals and got 75 units.
  • Options
    CobraSCobraS Posts: 56
    So it is about drop rate. Ok so kabam will also change that we can open more then 10 crystals at one time. Lets put it to a 100 crystals at one time. Because the drop rate will be higher. Niw us players are forced the a drop rate that is given by 10 crystals at one time.
  • Options
    Even in the original message that came out said we wouldn't need to hoard crystals all year. But if it's RNG 30% we still have to hoard
  • Options
    OleZoleOleZole Posts: 6
    What’s worse is that the uncollected gold crystal has got 0% boost and kabam hasn’t addressed this at all.
  • Options
    UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    It's not that big of a deal. People need to realise that you open way more gold crystals than other crystals, so rng is not a big factor for gold crystal compared to other crystals.
  • Options
    ArbenBishaArbenBisha Posts: 83
    Yeah, nice of you to lie to our faces once again. But since you keep getting away with it, keep doing it.
  • Options
    V3nomV3nom Posts: 6
    So all this is doing is telling us to hoard crystals, which you guys funny want us to do, bcuz the way it sounds you have a better chance at getting more gold when you open a bunch at once aka "hoarding".
  • Options
    ErrangErrang Posts: 63
    edited December 2021
    Sadly English is a much more imprecise language when compared to Math

(30% instead of the 20% from the boost)

That lil bit got everyone hoping for a flat extra 30% on every crystal.
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Tawli said:

DId you possible manipulate the arena crystal as well? I opened 30 UC arena crystals and got 75 units.

Units aren't affected
  • Options
    I am taking this break for hoarding gold crystals to inform you that I am continuing to hoard gold crystals.

Original value of gold in crystal * 1.3 = ?

Why is this so hard?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★

Where is Kabam-Math

Why is kabam-Math?
    I feel the same way when tony and others felt when they heard why is gamora
  • Options
    ThedukeTheduke Posts: 3
    edited December 2021
    Kabam just Kabam'd themselves on accident. I'll be sitting eating popcorn and hoarding my gold crystals until we get a flat boost again.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    ChriissR said:

2StarKing said:

The Gold increase has gone live (in fact, it went live before 10). I'm not good at math, but the changes were made to give an approximate 30% boost across all crystals.

AFAIK: On a 1 to 1 crystal rate, it wouldn't look like much of an increase, but opening a bunch of them will net out to that increase.

I'm gonna get somebody much better at math to explain this though, so stay tuned on exactly how this works.

Please do get a better explanation because the previous explaination was a 30% per crystal not over a batch of crystals.
    It is 30% per crystal. 30% of 1 crystal is barely anything, that's what he in stating. If you get 10k Gold and it's a 30% boost, you'll get 13k. Opening a few hundred you will actually notice the boost. That's what Mike is talking about.

I’m not sure you were following along it’s not a 30% boost when it goes from 2400 to 2500 Per basic Crystal that’s not 30%
  • Options
    Skydad23 said:

ChriissR said:

2StarKing said:

The Gold increase has gone live (in fact, it went live before 10). I'm not good at math, but the changes were made to give an approximate 30% boost across all crystals.

AFAIK: On a 1 to 1 crystal rate, it wouldn't look like much of an increase, but opening a bunch of them will net out to that increase.

I'm gonna get somebody much better at math to explain this though, so stay tuned on exactly how this works.

Please do get a better explanation because the previous explaination was a 30% per crystal not over a batch of crystals.
    It is 30% per crystal. 30% of 1 crystal is barely anything, that's what he in stating. If you get 10k Gold and it's a 30% boost, you'll get 13k. Opening a few hundred you will actually notice the boost. That's what Mike is talking about.

I’m not sure you were following along it’s not a 30% boost when it goes from 2400 to 2500 Per basic Crystal that’s not 30%
    Correct, that is a 4.2% increase.