**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A New View on Resources in the Contest

MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
I have never really been one for hoarding unnecessarily. But in the light of this atrocious trade in store for the 6* Awakening gem, a resource that to this day has only been available by completing abyss, exploring abyss, or exploring act 6, as well as 18,000 units on special offers.

Yet today, we saw one for 5 generic 5* gems. Of course, there are also the terrible value trade ins for 5* generics, as well as the great value for 5*

Now the thing I dont get is, why does Kabam reward players for hoarding massive amounts of materials when they encourage summoners to use them, and even talk about the slowing of servers with mass hoarding.

I could not get this awakening gem. Yet had I hoarded the last 4 months, I could have. After opening all of my traded in 4* awakening gems, I have 1 generic, 1 mutant, 2 skill, 2 science, 2 mystic, and 2 tech. It sounds close, but really, im off by 4 ags. Not even remotely close.

I dont often rankup 5*s, theyre mostly irrelevant to me. I usually only rank them when I get them from a Cav and want to rank a new champion/the champs 6* featured is far off, or it they have no 6* counter part. As a result of this attitude towards 5*s, i havent viewed 5* awakening gems as valuable in a long time. Ill happily pop a 5* ag into a champ if i plan on doing something with them.

I have used 6 ags in the past 4 months I calculated. I used one on Switch, one on Swigil, one on Herc, one on Nimrod, one on Knull and one on Goldpool. I pulled Switch, Herc, and Knull from cavs before their featureds. And i pulled Goldpool/Swigil from methods that cant get dupes realistically.

So what am I supposed to do? Anticipate a future event in which I can trade these gems in? Im not going to not use a 5* ag, thats what they are for. To be used.

Because Herc and Switch got generic 5* ags, if it had not spent them, I would have a 6* awakening gem right now. And the worst part is, to this day, I have only had 3 6* awakening gems. A tech from act 6, a tech from abyss, and a generic from abyss. Every class 6* awakening gem would make an enormous impact on my account.

The irony of it all is that this event is supposed to get people to clear out their inventories. But all it did is give me more of a reason to hoard. Whether it be 5* ags or not. What if there is a trade in for 2% t5cc at some point? What about shard crystal upgrades? I now feel much less inclined to use items, and much more inclined ti save them.

I dont want this taken as completely a negative for Kabam, their idea was kind, but the execution was poor. I very much appreciate the implementation of 6* ags outside of the normal ways of acquisition, but I would have preferred them to have been more even.

-Puff

Comments

• Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    It's a bad situation, they can't give it for cheap because that would lower value, they can't give it for something else because that would defeat the purpose of "trade-in". But yeah, I myself had 4 5star generics some months ago, one of which I gave to archangel during october and one to kitty pryde recently. My 6 star roster is only a fraction of most TBs though, so I would have probably kept the 5star generics anyway.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★

The irony of it all is that this event is supposed to get people to clear out their inventories.

To be honest, they've used a similar wording when they introduced the money spring cleaning event. Calling it "leftovers".
    I don't know what part of it was even close to be consider a leftover.

It's a bit of a weird case. They incentivize, and kinda force in some way for people to hoard items, like potions and revives.. Although they don't say it. And in other cases, they feel like some of the hoarded items don't deserve to be hoarded, and make people use them
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    There's no guarantee they'll do this again. Then where does that leave people?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    Every single item and crystal is going in vault or stash from today... No more popping.
    -SGBout
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I was one of the "lucky" ones to have had 4 Cosmic 5* AGs and 3 Tech 5* AGs that I had no use for which allowed me to get the 6* AG Crystal with my other Generic 5* AGs, despite that I agree the execution poor.
    The 3 Class 5* AGs Trade-In for 1 Generic 5* AG is overpriced imo, 2 Class for 1 Generic would've been plenty fair enough, however I almost guarantee you it was made 3 because of the option to Trade-In 5 Generic 5* AGs for the 6* AG Crystal.
    As well you can easily tell the AG Trade-Ins were designed for mass hoarding, because you can do that 3 Class 5* AGs for 1 Generic 5* AG Trade-In Up To 3 Times Per Class! I've never even thought about being able to hold 9 Class AGs at once...
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

I was one of the "lucky" ones to have had 4 Cosmic 5* AGs and 3 Tech 5* AGs that I had no use for which allowed me to get the 6* AG Crystal with my other Generic 5* AGs, despite that I agree the execution poor.
    The 3 Class 5* AGs Trade-In for 1 Generic 5* AG is overpriced imo, 2 Class for 1 Generic would've been plenty fair enough, however I almost guarantee you it was made 3 because of the option to Trade-In 5 Generic 5* AGs for the 6* AG Crystal.
    As well you can easily tell the AG Trade-Ins were designed for mass hoarding, because you can do that 3 Class 5* AGs for 1 Generic 5* AG Trade-In Up To 3 Times Per Class! I've never even thought about being able to hold 9 Class AGs at once...

To add to this my point is if they designed it to have up to 9 AGs per Class Tradable, which is obviously there for mass hoarding, then they would also continue that design for the rest of the Trade-In Values to keep those people in check which also inflates the costs for non-hoarders to mild-hoarders.
  • _colo_colo Posts: 50

There’s no guarantee i will live past Sunday either. Yeah no kidding there’s no guarantee, id rather take my chances nonetheless.

You took your chances and now you're on here crying about it.

I sure hope everyone on here complaining about not hoarding because Kabam said it's bad has nothing in overflow and no crystals in there account. Somehow I don't think that's the case for everyone...

It'd be awesome if Kabam increased the limit on the 6* AG trade in. I'd personally love to pick up a second 6* AG.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I dunno guys. I refuse to regret using my gems. I love my 5* champs, have never awakened one I didn’t use. But then, I’m not in a prestige race with anyone. Maybe that’s just a better way to live?
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Jaymix79 said:

Same here bud. I’m one short on the generic gem. I opened 45 4* gems to form the 5* crystals. Only to be let down with 2 in tech and 2 in skill. With no other options.

Same here, they have to add RNG to everything
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★

I have never really been one for hoarding unnecessarily. But in the light of this atrocious trade in store for the 6* Awakening gem, a resource that to this day has only been available by completing abyss, exploring abyss, or exploring act 6, as well as 18,000 units on special offers.

Yet today, we saw one for 5 generic 5* gems. Of course, there are also the terrible value trade ins for 5* generics, as well as the great value for 5*

Now the thing I dont get is, why does Kabam reward players for hoarding massive amounts of materials when they encourage summoners to use them, and even talk about the slowing of servers with mass hoarding.

I could not get this awakening gem. Yet had I hoarded the last 4 months, I could have. After opening all of my traded in 4* awakening gems, I have 1 generic, 1 mutant, 2 skill, 2 science, 2 mystic, and 2 tech. It sounds close, but really, im off by 4 ags. Not even remotely close.

I dont often rankup 5*s, theyre mostly irrelevant to me. I usually only rank them when I get them from a Cav and want to rank a new champion/the champs 6* featured is far off, or it they have no 6* counter part. As a result of this attitude towards 5*s, i havent viewed 5* awakening gems as valuable in a long time. Ill happily pop a 5* ag into a champ if i plan on doing something with them.

I have used 6 ags in the past 4 months I calculated. I used one on Switch, one on Swigil, one on Herc, one on Nimrod, one on Knull and one on Goldpool. I pulled Switch, Herc, and Knull from cavs before their featureds. And i pulled Goldpool/Swigil from methods that cant get dupes realistically.

So what am I supposed to do? Anticipate a future event in which I can trade these gems in? Im not going to not use a 5* ag, thats what they are for. To be used.

Because Herc and Switch got generic 5* ags, if it had not spent them, I would have a 6* awakening gem right now. And the worst part is, to this day, I have only had 3 6* awakening gems. A tech from act 6, a tech from abyss, and a generic from abyss. Every class 6* awakening gem would make an enormous impact on my account.

The irony of it all is that this event is supposed to get people to clear out their inventories. But all it did is give me more of a reason to hoard. Whether it be 5* ags or not. What if there is a trade in for 2% t5cc at some point? What about shard crystal upgrades? I now feel much less inclined to use items, and much more inclined ti save them.

I dont want this taken as completely a negative for Kabam, their idea was kind, but the execution was poor. I very much appreciate the implementation of 6* ags outside of the normal ways of acquisition, but I would have preferred them to have been more even.

-Puff

Insightful buddy. My point is same as you regarding this trade
  • X_E_CutionerX_E_Cutioner Posts: 155
    I had 5* Generic AGs in overflow last month ... I just used them on whatever champs were on top without silver stars 😭😭😭😭
    I am not saying tell us beforehand ... But atleast give us a hint boiiiii
  • raviXsharmaraviXsharma Posts: 515 ★★★
    They dont want people to hoard that's exactly why trade in offers are here. To empty the hoarders
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

It leaves them hoarding things like 5* awakening gems that they really don't need anyway. I don't have a single unawakened 4*. I use a gem on every new 4* I get. I also awaken 5*s from time to time just for fun. Fortunately I had enough 4* gems to get a 5* gem and got the class I needed to get the 6* gem but if I had bad RNG I'd be screwed. Hoarding would have taken the RNG out of the equation.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

They dont want people to hoard that's exactly why trade in offers are here. To empty the hoarders

And still ended up with curtesy RNG, sometimes I’m not sure the feelings I should have towards the game and the ideas behind certain in game stuffs
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Guytennis said:

Lovejoy72 said:

I dunno guys. I refuse to regret using my gems. I love my 5* champs, have never awakened one I didn’t use. But then, I’m not in a prestige race with anyone. Maybe that’s just a better way to live?

Probably by playing Candy Crush.
    I actually had that stupid game finished at one point, but they started making levels faster than I could wrap them up. Frustrating.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

It leaves them hoarding things like 5* awakening gems that they really don't need anyway. I don't have a single unawakened 4*. I use a gem on every new 4* I get. I also awaken 5*s from time to time just for fun. Fortunately I had enough 4* gems to get a 5* gem and got the class I needed to get the 6* gem but if I had bad RNG I'd be screwed. Hoarding would have taken the RNG out of the equation.
    I'm just displaying the point that if they don't do it again, people will be complaining they saved for nothing.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I feel you man.

It's rough.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★

I'm just displaying the point that if they don't do it again, people will be complaining they saved for nothing.
    Well trade event were in past too but not at such big scale. This first of its kind. Now this sets Benchmark for many players expectations, that next year in Dec or around july they would bring such offers back. I am not saying it will happen but now motion has been set. Expectations have been set. I guess lot of people will now start hoarding AGs from this point
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    At least everyone on here got a 6* Generic AG from cyber weekend.