Options

How many of you skipped Variant 8 exploration?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,852 ★★★★★
Curious on the turnout.

I don’t have a deadpool og higher than a 1* and I don’t think hes worth bringing unless you have a higher rarity.

I’ve got only 1 path left on 7.3 but wanted to get the t5cc here before I picked my selectors from 7.3z

But at the same time, I’ve heard a lot of discouraging things about the variant such as high block damage, limited mercenary pool, and a lot of the merc champs and the boosts for them not being that good.

Going forward it might be better to reward the pool of champions centered on the theme of a variant rather than penalizing the non-benefitting champions, or at least increasing the targeted pool of champions who benefit from the boost. This can lead to difficulties in having counters against certain defenders when you can only bring so many champs. The havok for instance.

How many of you skipped Variant 8 exploration? 109 votes

I explored
26%
MasterSmokedanielmathEpistriatusPaulomotaAce_03mmmbanyasccrider474TristanVuDahLucky7LucianoCap366TheLegend27Grootman1294TheKiryuetgddhjjSharperthanyouRockypantherxMobile_P0tat0Mother_FlerkenNichj99 29 votes
I skipped exploration
73%
BigPoppaCBONESlowDigzRaganatorChovnerjdrum663HeraldofNoneBENJI830thanks4playingLiss_Bliss_SandeepSPseudouberRickGrimes_King73Texas_11MoosetiptronicLovejoy72Raichu626MysterioJMORG1111Little_Crocodili29Cyporg 80 votes

Comments

• Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I explored
    The restrictions for this one combined with mercs not even receiving any benefit made it really not a fun time IMO.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,047 ★★★★★
    I explored
    i did it cause you get t5b but i thought it was pretty meh, though i'm not a fan of variants anyway
  • Options
    SharperthanyouSharperthanyou Posts: 180
    I explored
    As far as I know the only viable counter to Havok is Taskmaster. Having Havok in this quest was definitely a "we want to torture you" choice.

Variant 8 was not the best or worst variant. I think it had really high expectations since the last few variants had been so much fun. I know it did not meet my expectations for definition of fun.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,047 ★★★★★
    I explored

As far as I know the only viable counter to Havok is Taskmaster. Having Havok in this quest was definitely a "we want to torture you" choice.

Variant 8 was not the best or worst variant. I think it had really high expectations since the last few variants had been so much fun. I know it did not meet my expectations for definition of fun.

venompool has a synergy that gives him ice armor, i brought that, was pretty annoying
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I skipped exploration
    Just skipped it full stop. Bored of variants now.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,514 ★★★★★
    I skipped exploration
    If I'm ever desperate for t5b I'll finish it up. That is not likely to happen.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    I dont like the variants. V1 was only one I enjoyed.
    But I also hate not having everything 100%. Everything. So yeah, I explored it.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,541 ★★★★★
    I skipped exploration
    Haven’t even budgeted the time to complete all of it. There’s so much other stuff that’s way more worth my time in the game right now.
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    I skipped exploration
    I skipped completion
  • Options
    baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Posts: 267 ★★★
    I skipped exploration
    Sorry but, 'variants aren't endgame content anymore'. I'm trying to focus on stuff that is.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,192 ★★★★★
    I’m exploring slowly. No rush.
  • Options
    Zippy_halliganZippy_halligan Posts: 173
    I explored
    The power gain was pretty rough, but its a doable variant. Costed be a bunch of revives on the invade path (crazy block damage) but i think it was worth it.

Overall IMO the nodes were a bit much for the restrictions given. Felt like high end content but rewards couldve been better. Still a better variant than variant 1.
  • Options
    Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★
    I’m gonna be honest and say I just forgot
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    I am not skipping it but i also havent bothered to do it yet.
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    I have skipped all v8, the rewards are not worthy to invest in one of my bad mercenaries.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Crys23 said:

I dont like the variants. V1 was only one I enjoyed.
    But I also hate not having everything 100%. Everything. So yeah, I explored it.

Look at this guy zigging while everyone else zags.
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 651 ★★★
    I explored

Nah mascre can. He is broken in v8. Can eat a combo by losing track of my power gain get 2 plasma detonation and still walk away with a solo and regen back to full on next fight.

Harder variant in a while that's for sure though.

https://youtu.be/f2LA4xI947U
  • Options
    SharperthanyouSharperthanyou Posts: 180
    I explored

Nah mascre can. He is broken in v8. Can eat a combo by losing track of my power gain get 2 plasma detonation and still walk away with a solo and regen back to full on next fight.

Ok, so I learned two new ways to take down that Havok. The suggestions are a bit interesting since I used Venompool and Mascre for 90% of the fights. I did not even try them against Havok.

And agree, the quest was doable because Mascre was fun to play.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,286 ★★★★★
    I skipped exploration
    Don't have #mercs or #pools.
    Owns exactly 3 #mercs in 6*s. HM, BWDO and Electra.
    And I'm not going to upgrade 5* r5 to get 2 t5b.

I do not mind difficulty or annoyance.
    I usually do quests just because it's there or I was after a resources, but not this time as I have plenty of all resource except the champs.

I've completed it with MVP R4 5* Gwenpool. And I needed a 3-4 2017 Gem so I explored Chapter 1 to get it.
  • Options
    Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    I haven’t even done an initial run as I only have a couple r4 champs that fit the criteria and I’m not ranking champs I won’t use to compete one piece of content.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,588 ★★★★★

I am not skipping it but i also havent bothered to do it yet.

This is similar to where I am: explored Chapter 1 and haven’t gone back to explore the remainder.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,852 ★★★★★

Ok, so I learned two new ways to take down that Havok. The suggestions are a bit interesting since I used Venompool and Mascre for 90% of the fights. I did not even try them against Havok.

And agree, the quest was doable because Mascre was fun to play.
    Wow looks like I really screwed over picking gambit dupe over Masacre. Guess I’ll leave exploration for a later time, (if it’ll still even be worth it by then)