**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anniversary gift

Hello,

Since the last couples of years we usually got an anniversary gift (last year it was 10k 6* shards for TB and 15k 5* + 5k 6* for cavs)

I would like to understand the approach that kabam is taking to remove the gift this year?

I red a lot of post + youtube video and I wasn't able to find an answer from them.

Now you might think that they don't owe us anything and they don't have to explain everything to us but I disagree with that. With the current state of the game I belive that it was not a good idea from them to remove the gift and I would like to understand why ?

@Kabam Miike

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Nvm
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    It’d be cool to get another gift, but I think the gifts we’ve already gotten would suffice. (Except for maybe Christmas Day)
  • Options
    Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 380 ★★★
    I am happy with the calender and dethroned special event
  • Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    The situation is like someone does a great favor and u do not thank them ... Great favor from player base for staying despite countless reasons not to.. And in turn the anniversary gift is removed LOL
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    I don't think the gift and the state of the game in terms of bugs correlate. I do think it kind of sucked they took away the gift, though. We had gotten one the past 2 years after all.

It was disappointing not to get a gift, but overall, we still got a really good net increase in rewards

The excitement of a gift was taken away. But in terms of the rewards we got , I think the absence of a gift is justified.
  • Options
    Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    I think most people put to much personal opinion from experience into their answers regarding this post. Both sides have very valid arguments. Yes we are not guaranteed an anniversary gift from kabam although the iso-8 was nice to get. Last year was 10k shards for TB so it seems to be a downgrade in value to receive iso-8 this year. Also yes the current state of the game feels shaky and it does seem kabam would give the player base another appreciation sort of compensation style gift like they did 5-6 months ago for all the bugs present in the game. Lastly I’ll give you my personal opinion which is I do believe the value of the gifts should go up each year based on what is practically inflation. It’s been at least 2 years since gifts, compensation, and rewards have offered 10k 6* shards or a 6* nexus. At what point do these rewards start to become outdated. Everyone was excited and pleased when we started getting a fully formed 6* from said gift, compensation, or rewards. So maybe this year to keep those updated rewards going, it would be awesome to receive 2 fully formed 6* crystals, or 2 6* nexus crystals. Again both sides are more than valid and it would be nice to have Kabam answer some questions on the state of the game and where it is headed if/when the bugs get fixed.
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited December 2021

Can people please stop saying "Kabam owes us" because of the state of the game. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice, but no, they don't "owe us".

Please remember that Kabam offers a free to play game and is a for profit company. I don't see people demanding free stuff from Walmart or Amazon or Best Buy when their experience is lackluster so why do people constantly feel so entitled to constantly expect it here?

In the above examples a customer might take their business elsewhere, which you are also welcome to do in this case as well.

This example doesn't work because this is a game. If they didn't owe us at all, they wouldn't send weekly comp.

They don't owe us a "gift" but they do owe us comp
  • Options
    PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Jfc just let Miiike say some long-winded “no” response and be done with it. Some of you people need to stop answering for the mods, they do not need the help…
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Difference is that it's an anniversary not a birthday. Both parties celebrating the anniversary get gifts.

Not really... Usually when u go to someone's anniversary u get a souvenir commemorating the event...
  • Options
    PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★

Plantesan said:

Jfc just let Miiike say some long-winded “no” response and be done with it. Some of you people need to stop answering for the mods, they do not need the help…

Since when are mods only ones allowed to post here? I'm assuming you don't know how forums chat rooms work.
    1. Best not to assume anything,

2. Never said mods only…mostly frustrations from familiar names responding in what ends up coming off as condescending responses, when a simple ‘probably not’ would have worked towards OP question.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Difference is that it's an anniversary not a birthday. Both parties celebrating the anniversary get gifts.

Not really... Usually when u go to someone's anniversary u get a souvenir commemorating the event...
    What kind of weirdo goes to someone else's anniversary? This is OUR anniversary, us and mcoc.
    I went to my best friend's 5 year wedding anniversary... Got a lousy souvenir...