**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Does anyone still use Omega Red?

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
edited December 2021 in General Discussion
Whoop! Definitely my most wanted dupe for ages.

I have never pulled the 5*, but I just naturally duped the 6* (to add to my crazy recent luck) and I’m really tempted to rank him and dump a bunch (currently sitting on 36 class and 105 generic) of sig stones in. I know he has been less popular recently, but does anyone still use him, and for what?

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    @odishika123 do you run suicides? I took them off a couple months ago and it’s so much less stressful, but I know he is much more fun with them on.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I have never run suicides but I had ranked mine and sighed up for a path in 6.2.5. and he's fun and enjoyable. Not the fastest but reliable damage as well as low hit count. Very much fun for biohazard and stuff
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Haha, yes I just used him against YOU! Just did the recent SQ and made him a horseman to take out Electro. He’s great in AW against Korg. Still has lots of uses. Sig him, rank him and enjoy.
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Honestly I haven't seen many use him as a 6*. He's fallen off a bit recently due to his terrible prestige+ needing to be sig 200.

If you have the extra sigs, he's ofc still a very top mutant. Just a question on whether he's worth the investment.

Rn I would say he's better as a 5*
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Have 5* r4 sig 120. Still a wet noodle without suicides, so nope, not using him. From time to time he is fun but impractical without those masteries. I thought he'd be viable for Biohazard, but even the 10% bleed damage kills him fast.

If I had suicides tho, he'd be a beast no doubt
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    If I had the five star, it would be an easy r5. Just love the slow play style.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    I’d say he’s worth the rank up especially since you have suicides unlocked. Whenever or if we get a mastery preset, we can easily enjoy all the champs that we’ve invested in. However, if you don’t plan to turning suicides on anytime soon I’d say don’t rush into ranking him and especially pumping sig stones as he won’t be that useful without suicides. Will be a bit useless for a champ you barely use yet you’ve put all these stones into him. Who knows, you may naturally sig him up whiles suicides are off like you duped him.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★

@odishika123 do you run suicides? I took them off a couple months ago and it’s so much less stressful, but I know he is much more fun with them on.

No
  • MagonusMagonus Posts: 521 ★★★
    I use OR generally in AQ on a bleed node path when my "full roster" is in use. So when 16 Champs are locked in content at the same time (5 on AWD, 3 on AWO, 3 in AQ, 5 in Quests).

Very good Champ.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    He’s alright without suicides. I use him both with and without on separate accounts. I do bring sabretooth when I plan to use him as the main man on a path or boss, generally I take him and col and col does the heavy lifting, omega deals with thorns type damage and poison, that pairing covers a lot of matchups…

Still use a lot in aw/Aq
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    Yes.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★

I just wonder why people find them stressful now? After the 12 fight lanes reduced in Act 7 and changeout for bosses you can even bring in void or Doom for a couple fights or changeout for a boss.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    This is the pull I’ve been trying to get for months. All I want out of my next 6* crystal is ‘Ability awakened, Lethal Dose’
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    ChiliDog said:

I just wonder why people find them stressful now? After the 12 fight lanes reduced in Act 7 and changeout for bosses you can even bring in void or Doom for a couple fights or changeout for a boss.
    I don't run much AQ/AW, I just hate bringing in a champ like Doom where even when I only throw one or two special attacks, I can lose 30% health without getting hit once. It benefits all champs, but really hinders some. I just prefer being able to bring in the champ that I want to play without also having to factor in their suicide friendliness.

I played Doom yesterday in some upper room Incursions on fights where I probably threw 10-15 sp1 attacks to manage their power and ended up at 100% health. It is also frustrating to revive champs to 20% and not be able to reliably take more than one or two parries before dying because of the suicides/recoil. Fights might take just a little bit longer without suicides, but that doesn't matter if I play well.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Yes, especially on the right line without suicides he just melts the opponent. Bleed and Biohazard lines he's just amazing.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    Against any heavy purify or tenacity champ or when I want big red numbers instead of yellow
  • SteveMSteveM Posts: 188
    I have a 5* max sig that I use for just about everything since I run full suicides
  • If you run suicides, you will use him. I have a teammate who i assign omega red every war (t2 wars). r3 sig200 and dude finishes fights so fast. Omega is a beast if you run suicides. If you dont, i wouldnt reallllly recommend since it does slow him down, and you need saber synergy anyways. I dont run suicides normally so i havent ranked up mine, but i do hope we get loadouts soon so i can switch to suicides easily for fights and then im ready to sig200 my 6*.
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    Kerneas said:

Have 5* r4 sig 120. Still a wet noodle without suicides, so nope, not using him. From time to time he is fun but impractical without those masteries. I thought he'd be viable for Biohazard, but even the 10% bleed damage kills him fast.

If I had suicides tho, he'd be a beast no doubt

1 point in coagulate mastery will solve that problem for you by making him bleed immune but still being able to have active bleeds on him for death aura. Also makes red mags fully bleed immune.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    He use to be the top mutant, now he’s behind the likes of AA, Magneto, Professor X, Apocalypse, and Kitty
  • RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★
    I use him all the time, also running full suicides, saber and other synergies
  • KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★
    I played him too much as a 5/65 since he came out. My 6* sits there at R1 sig 60 and probably won’t ever get ranked, maybe if he naturally hits sig 200 I will
  • Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Don't suicides and still use him almost all the time