**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This SQ is the pinnacle of SQ design IMHO

2»

Comments

• Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★
    I 110% agree with OP and really enjoy being able to try out some new synergy teams that I normally don’t try except in UC EQ, which isn’t as fund because of small health pools. This month is very enjoyable for me.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    My only issue was the 500% health making fights drag on a bit.

This didn't make them difficult, just a bit lengthy.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    GP goes to the movies was a boring grind. Mutant Treasure Island was glitched so you could see the rewards (which made it better for sure, but if we are talking best designed, not so much lol). The best side quest was My Lil Sym. This is fine. A little too easy but fine.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I do like being able to bring any champs in. I think there needs to be a slight challenge for TB. I also used some of my R1 champs and 4/55 champs.

Most will like it because it's easy, but this also leads to " game is stale " type of comments. It's good to mix it in though so it feels good when we do get them.

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

Mutant treasure island was definitely the pinnacle. Not even close

What made mutant Treasure Island really great was the fact that you could see the entire layout and plan what you wanted to get and get it within a couple of days but as others have pointed out the difficulty on the bosses were really really really frustrating.

Mutant treasure island was definitely the pinnacle. Not even close

I'd say Gwenpool Goes To The Movies, even back then the rewards were amazing!

What made that one really good was the difficulty, cuz I knew a lot of people with enough six stars who basically Auto fought through the entire thing and didn't even have a second thought about it.
    ItsDamien said:

It was too easy IMO. I’m not looking for abyss levels of challenge. Hell not even SoP level, not even close to those. But can anyone honestly say they read the nodes before fighting the bosses on any difficulty?

It should have been slightly more difficult. Just so I would have to read nodes instead of thinking “Yeah a full mutant team can take each of these quests”

But the thing is nobody can ever really agree on what is the right amount of difficulty. Some people want that Abyss level challenge just so they can brag that they beat It While others would prefer the gwenpool to go to the movies style difficulty and just Breeze through without thinking not to mention you still have people who argue as to how what justifies the appropriate amount of time energy and focus required to get it done.

Have Kabam explained in the past why SQ chapters are released weekly and not all at once or why some SQs cost energy and some do not. Is there a method to their madness or just madness? lol

Because this month was supposed to be a fairly straightforward easy months and on paper it actually is. There's no more war until the new year, you still have quite a few people complaining about suffering bugs and or dropped inputs, there's only one Champion being released and to top it off with the holidays coming up a lot of people aren't going to have time to focus on really in-depth content, so on paper it makes a lot more sense for them to just give the player base essentially a layup and let them have an easy time giving them some stuff. Plus let's be honest you'll want the excuse to get away from the table and not hear the same stories told in a rashomon style format for a few minutes.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Shadowstrike I agree about Mutant treasure Island but that was the glitch. It was designed to not allow you to see the rewards. I did like that quest. I found GP goes to the movies to be long and boring but I guess that was the trade off for the difficulty. It felt like a chore. Personally I like hard and short for a SQ. I like this quest fine. It's not really interesting but it's not a grind.
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Kabam Boo said:

We're really glad to receive this feedback. These design considerations are largely impacted by the feedback we received from you all before about the side quests in recent months. (Yes, we are listening!). Please continue to let us know what you enjoy so our team can continue creating enjoyable side quests for you all in the coming year! Cheers :)

The simplicity is much appreciated. Big thumbs up for that!

In the past i gave up on past SQ were you had unlock a certain item, then wait for the appropriate time to use it on a different quest. To then do that quest and gain currency to a store that in itself was confusing as to how to redeem items.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

@Shadowstrike I agree about Mutant treasure Island but that was the glitch. It was designed to not allow you to see the rewards. I did like that quest. I found GP goes to the movies to be long and boring but I guess that was the trade off for the difficulty. It felt like a chore. Personally I like hard and short for a SQ. I like this quest fine. It's not really interesting but it's not a grind.

You're probably one of the first few people to complain about gwenpool goes to the movies considering the amount of shards and crystals that we got out of that events but again I can understand for a lot of people they don't want something you can just Auto fight through, they actually want a fight and if I had the roster for it, I'd feel the exact same way.