**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wasn't the gift advertised as letting us choose our gift?

Thought we were supposed to have a choice? What is the point of the ticket if we only have one choice?

I mean, I'm not complaining about free stuff, but Kabam should not tell us we can choose our gift and give a ticket instead of the gift in mail and create a whole store tab when there is only one choice. :/

Comments

• Options
    WATCHEDWATCHED Posts: 186
    It didn't say you have a choice, slow down and read it again, use the gift card to claim your present, never says to choose your present, smh. I'm cool with it, a free rank up without using resources.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★

Thought we were supposed to have a choice? What is the point of the ticket if we only have one choice?

I mean, I'm not complaining about free stuff, but Kabam should not tell us we can choose our gift and give a ticket instead of the gift in mail and create a whole store tab when there is only one choice. :/

I’m not complaining about the free gift it’s definitely very nice but I said the same thing I had a laugh what’s the point of a gift store if there’s only one item in it? What does have been easier for Kabam to just have a claim our gift? Rather than coding a gift card and coding a gift store? Lol

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    They should have just given us the gift rather than have us navigate to a “store” that only has one item. Weird. But whatever…at least we didn’t have to complete a series of objectives first.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Maybe we'll have 1 gift each day from 24th til the 26th lol
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,798 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

I’m not complaining about the free gift it’s definitely very nice but I said the same thing I had a laugh what’s the point of a gift store if there’s only one item in it? What does have been easier for Kabam to just have a claim our gift? Rather than coding a gift card and coding a gift store? Lol

It is an option to allow someone move up to next progression level.

Claim your gift card, move up one progression level, claim the gift for new level.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Where does it say choice? Just said that you can claim your gift in the store.

• Options

Where does it say choice? Just said that you can claim your gift in the store.

Whelp, that's about all the evidence needed. If anything this could mean you would have seen all progression gifts but could only grab yours, and if so, then it is plausible to say they decided not to have everyone see all and changed it so you can only see yours so there's less confusion or issues
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    I'm guessing the confusion was from them saying you get a gift card and use it in the store. While it does say you use it to redeem your gift (singular, with not mention of choosing your gift from options) I think people thought it was going to be like the real world. When you get a gift card for a store you don't usually go to a store that has only 1 item in it, you use the stored value on the card to pick from the whole store.

I don't think they were trying to mislead anyone, I think it was just a poor choice of words that did leave some room for an incorrect assumption. Not a big deal but I see why some people were expecting a choice.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    What I find odd is that,

Doesn't it basically only give you two days to move to the next progression level to get the higher gift?

Since it first appears on the 24th, and is only claimable until the 26th - but you must claim the gift after reaching the next progression level.

At least, that's my interpretation?
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    The point of the gift card is two fold (from what I understand)
    1. By giving a ticket, it allows people who move up a title to pick a better gift (without getting both offers)
    2. Encourage people to log in during the festive period (as store is only available for 2 days) guess for this they noticed a dip in activity in the past - if they did a mail drop it would have a longer expiry and defeat the aim of getting people to log in
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    They probably meant it as a gift certificate. Those are usually for a specific item. Regardless what meant, peplenread into it way too much.

They did it their way... and we got free stuff, pretty decent free stuff too.

If I gave a nice gift and someone started questioning why I gave it a certain way, I'd tell them to be grateful or feel free to give it back so I can donate it to someone more appreciative.
  • Options
    Next time they don't need to name it "Store" because i've never seen store with only one item. I'm happy with the gift and not complaining
  • Options
    TrenzaloreTrenzalore Posts: 182 ★★★
    You’d think they would make the gift better considering how crappy the game has been this year.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★
    Yeah so it didn’t work. I have a baby alt account that just became conqueror today. The holiday gift didn’t change, it was a 4* nexus both before and after taking down the Maestro. Restarted the app multiple times and everything, no change.

It’s entirely possible that there just isn’t a change up at that level, a 4* nexus is I guess still relevant there. Just kinda felt bad to grind out Act 4 for the progression change and then not see any change in the gift.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,798 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    Wicket329 said:

Yeah so it didn’t work. I have a baby alt account that just became conqueror today. The holiday gift didn’t change, it was a 4* nexus both before and after taking down the Maestro. Restarted the app multiple times and everything, no change.

It’s entirely possible that there just isn’t a change up at that level, a 4* nexus is I guess still relevant there. Just kinda felt bad to grind out Act 4 for the progression change and then not see any change in the gift.

Uncollected is 5-Star Awakening Crystal and all other below have 4-Star Nexus.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Uncollected is 5-Star Awakening Crystal and all other below have 4-Star Nexus.
    Ahh good to know. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    swmcswswmcsw Posts: 249 ★★
    I haven't claimed mine yet in hope of a daily progression thing. Man we've had 6* so long 1 AG would of been nice. We got that 5* one for Xmas not long after we were able to r4 5*. They really keeping 6* AG availability low through the years. Oh well, either way thanks for the Xmas gift Kabam. Always appreciate a good nexus opening.
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★

They never told us we would be able to choose, just that there was a card. Some ran with that and assumed it would be a choice.

I think it's so that you can't double dip with progression changes. I.e. going from Cav to TB during the gift period, but also so that you can level up and then buy it once you're thronebreaker

I think in that scenario you would be better of taking the Cavalier gift over the TB gift as I think it is a much better guaranteed value
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Zodless said:

Next time they don't need to name it "Store" because i've never seen store with only one item. I'm happy with the gift and not complaining

But it's not even called a store? It's in the store section of the game, but the tab is just called "holiday gift". And the store section has slightly more than one item in it, so calling that a store should be appropriate.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,763 ★★★★★
    Rereading the message about it, it does indeed seem like Kabam themself never said it was a multiple-choice gift. However, it's obvious that most people thought that was the case. I think @BitterSteel is probably right as to why they made the change, but I do think they could have clarified things ahead of time. This isn't a last-minute misconception - people misunderstood it from Day 1. There was plenty of time to say, hey, just FYI - there will only be one gift and we're using this new system for reason X or Y but not for the reason you think.

I think a multiple-option gift is a cool idea that I hope they implement in the future for all of the reasons people mentioned throughout the month, but at the end of the day I don't really care about how the gift was distributed this year. I just hope that Kabam can be a bit more proactive in the future and squash misconceptions before they grow strong enough for people to be disappointed with the reality when it eventually kicks in. No one benefits from that.