**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Opening a years worth of Battlechips…

SquammoSquammo Posts: 420 ★★★
Which crystals would you go for?

Comments

• Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    TB ones, or UC if you aren't TB yet.
    The odds are the same. The rewards scaling is the same. But with such a large (I'm assuming) number of crystals, if you get lucky, you get really lucky. And also you've got a shot at the Punisher.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Whatever the top crystal you can open is.
  • Soumemiakas1926Soumemiakas1926 Posts: 320 ★★★
    Squammo said:

To clarify. It’s about 15 million Battlechips and I’m TB.

Go for thronebreakers then
  • HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 172 ★★
    I'd go with TB ones then, partly because it'll save you time and with 15mil you should balance out pretty well.
    Record it if you can, it'll be good data.
    Good luck! 🤞
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Squammo said:

TB ones, or UC if you aren't TB yet.
    The odds are the same. The rewards scaling is the same. But with such a large (I'm assuming) number of crystals, if you get lucky, you get really lucky. And also you've got a shot at the Punisher.

On the other hand if you get unlucky you get really unlucky, haha.
    Well, that is true, but considering the amount of battlechips you have, you're likely to get average drops anyway. So the real question is which is the best way to capitalize on any luck you might have, and the answer is to go for the TB ones.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    Open 10 crystals at a time. Switch between UC and TB ones.
  • UC is safer.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,821 ★★★★★
    I feel your questions op, I have almost 21 mio chips, at this point I am just too scared to open something 😅
  • I would go TB because you will get through them a lot faster lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 Care to weigh in?
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★

Where is the video or pics though???

+1
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Let's us know how many units you wind up with. People probably curious.
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

A year tells us nothing.
    Took me 2 months to get 2mil...
    How many do you have?

A mil per month? How much of a grind is that?
    Not a grind at all. Basically just hitting milestones gets you 500k every week
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★

Graves_3 said:

A year tells us nothing.
    Took me 2 months to get 2mil...
    How many do you have?

A mil per month? How much of a grind is that?
    Not a grind at all. Basically just hitting milestones gets you 500k every week
    I'm not sure on 500k. But 300k is plausible for sure. Also I'm excluding Sunday arenas. I include only 6 basic, 6 featured and summoner trials only.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Squammo said:

I prefer TB if you have 15mm battlechip. May I know the distribution of pull results afterwards? Thanks.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    Squammo said:

Hey there.. If you haven't already opened.. hope this helps with your decision.. either way.. I'd really like to see what your results are.. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QShxm4p0nn0&ab_channel=SolarFlare
  • mort_07mort_07 Posts: 475
    Make in 5 Step.

5 normal , 5 Uc and 5 tb.

• Squammo said:

I would go Thronebreaker. If you're talking about 15 million BC worth, that's 300 TB crystals. Random chance won't even out perfectly with those numbers, but you're unlikely to get horribly unlucky. And who's got time to open 1500 UC crystals or 7500 standard crystals.

As it happens, I have 15 million BC worth of TB crystals opened and logged so far. If you want an idea of what I got out of that many, here you go:

The gold average is a tiny bit wonky because two million were opened after the 30% gold boost and two million were opened during a 20% gold boost event. If I correct for that, the implied average gold would be about 2.7 million per 20 TB crystals (one million BC worth) if opened today.

Incidentally, my calculated long term average for units out of one million BC worth of arena crystals is about 1900. All versions of the crystals have a posted drop rate of 15% for units, and long term measuring says the ratio between the low and high drop is about two to one. Assuming the devs set that ratio to exactly two to one (which is a reasonable guess) the long term unit average from one million BC worth of arena crystals is 1875 units.

A note on variability. My lowest unit result from one million BC of UC Arena crystals is 900. My highest is 2850. For TB as you can see my worst unit result was 375 and my highest was 4125. Opening just one million BC worth (20 crystals) you're going to get a lot of variability. But across 15 million or more, things settle down: my TB average is 2125 and my UC average was 1926 (across 22 million BC worth). My UC average was within 2.7% of the calculated average across 2200 crystals, while my TB average is 13.3% higher than the calculated average across a relatively tiny sample of 300 crystals.

And a note on psychology. At a glance, I think someone seeing, or getting those two 375 drops would be discouraged. However, in actual fact even accounting for both of those and my two most recent openings of 1500, my overall TB average is still far higher than the calculated statistical average (and higher than my measured UC average). Bad luck just tends to be a lot more noticeable. But those 15 openings collectively represent good luck overall, not bad luck. But you probably have to do the math to see it.
  • SquammoSquammo Posts: 420 ★★★

Squammo said:

Hey there.. If you haven't already opened.. hope this helps with your decision.. either way.. I'd really like to see what your results are.. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QShxm4p0nn0&ab_channel=SolarFlare
    DNA3000 said:

Squammo said:

I would go Thronebreaker. If you're talking about 15 million BC worth, that's 300 TB crystals. Random chance won't even out perfectly with those numbers, but you're unlikely to get horribly unlucky. And who's got time to open 1500 UC crystals or 7500 standard crystals.

As it happens, I have 15 million BC worth of TB crystals opened and logged so far. If you want an idea of what I got out of that many, here you go:

The gold average is a tiny bit wonky because two million were opened after the 30% gold boost and two million were opened during a 20% gold boost event. If I correct for that, the implied average gold would be about 2.7 million per 20 TB crystals (one million BC worth) if opened today.

Incidentally, my calculated long term average for units out of one million BC worth of arena crystals is about 1900. All versions of the crystals have a posted drop rate of 15% for units, and long term measuring says the ratio between the low and high drop is about two to one. Assuming the devs set that ratio to exactly two to one (which is a reasonable guess) the long term unit average from one million BC worth of arena crystals is 1875 units.

A note on variability. My lowest unit result from one million BC of UC Arena crystals is 900. My highest is 2850. For TB as you can see my worst unit result was 375 and my highest was 4125. Opening just one million BC worth (20 crystals) you're going to get a lot of variability. But across 15 million or more, things settle down: my TB average is 2125 and my UC average was 1926 (across 22 million BC worth). My UC average was within 2.7% of the calculated average across 2200 crystals, while my TB average is 13.3% higher than the calculated average across a relatively tiny sample of 300 crystals.

And a note on psychology. At a glance, I think someone seeing, or getting those two 375 drops would be discouraged. However, in actual fact even accounting for both of those and my two most recent openings of 1500, my overall TB average is still far higher than the calculated statistical average (and higher than my measured UC average). Bad luck just tends to be a lot more noticeable. But those 15 openings collectively represent good luck overall, not bad luck. But you probably have to do the math to see it.
    Very helpful, thanks. I actually haven’t opened them yet, since I had not considered the possibility of pulling quite a few refills, so I decided to postpone until 7.4 drops.

• Squammo said:

Very helpful, thanks. I actually haven’t opened them yet, since I had not considered the possibility of pulling quite a few refills, so I decided to postpone until 7.4 drops.

That's probably a good notion. Although these days I tend to farm potions and revives with extra energy, so pulling those is not a huge problem for me.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    I'd recommend sending 100 GGC to IGN: Jestress

Thx I love you too