**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Brian Grant leaving his alliance take

I have been subscribed to his channel for years. Him and seatin were the two that kept me excited. As much as I hate to say this, he is overreacting imo. He is f2p and is angry he can't keep up with top end whales. We need the whales to keep the game going. I am f2p, I have 30k+ units, 50+million gold, and I strong enough roster to complete 7.3. I understand that if I don't spend I can't keep up with spenders (money talks). There is no content that requires any 6*r4, you can easily grind the arena and save your bc till the gifting event and pop 100 ggc for free. In the end I hope he keeps playing, but if someone isn't happy playing a game, they should find something else to do. I wish BG nothing but the best in his future alliance and video's, I will stay subscribed to him till the end.

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Since it's actually possible for f2p to get r4s, are there any out there?
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★

This sub has a trend of disliking/ not caring about YouTubers.

I mean cmon, the first thing I see on this thread is "I don't care about this guy"

So prob don't post stuff about YouTubers here, most forum people care about what they are up to.

They care so less about youtuber that they see a thread about a youtuber and immediately have to let everyone know how little they care.
    Yeah interesting
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

I don't understand the big deal on this...
    He is a f2p youtuber that was profitting from a game that he played for free....
    Maybe the cow stop giving milk.. maybe he sees no way to make anymore content to profit from ..
    I mean what are the biggest content that get views?
    -New Champ showcases (gotta buy em most of thr time)
    -Crystal openings (takes a while to earn them)
    -Content guides...(not sure he did many guides other than live streams of beating content)

Maybe he just doesnt see it as profitable anymore... Cause making a vid of an r3 is pretty much generic now . And r4 is almost impossible for free...

He's pretty clear so I don't think guessing is needed. No amount of time spent in the game or clearing content can make his prestige competitive in his alliance, and he doesn't want to be carried by the rest of the group that spent money to have r4s. In the past, grinding, being skilled, and clearing all content kept him competitive enough to be in an alliance like 4Loki, and that is no longer the case. If Kabam had restricted R4s to 2 before allowing them to be earned in the game that would still be the case. But when people have most or all of their prestige based on r4 before it is possible to get one in game, not so much.
    That only explains quitting 4Loki, not "dissapearing" from YT for a while...
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★

Since it's actually possible for f2p to get r4s, are there any out there?

It's only possible in theory like a mathematical equation that involves lots of assumptions but holds no real life value
    Practically it's not possible & therefore no F2P has it or even anywhere close to getting it
    There's a very high chance that most of the endgame F2Ps won't be close even after Act 7 Exploration
  • Options
    D0ctor_SD0ctor_S Posts: 42

I think they went too far in allowing the spenders to get 4+ R4s before it was possible for FTP to get even one. PTW will always, and should always have a significant advantage, but it ought to be that hardcore grinding will keep you competitive. The point at which it doesn't matter how much time you spend grinding, you can't be in a top alliance without spending crosses a line I think they shouldn't cross. I can't put in the time BG does and I spend very little on the game so I'm not upset personally, but I do think that they went too far with the amount of R4 resources that are available for money before making them available generally.

I think the pandemic has probably put a few things out of whack and 7.4 would have solved that sort of issue if it had come out this month (assuming act 7 completion/exploration offers the chance at an R4).

Hopefully there will be other things in the pipeline like Abyss 2, more Carina's challenges as well.

I thought BGs video was well reasoned, although I do disagree with quite a bit and think that his alliance seems like a place that would be happier to have him in it rather than just chase AQ prestige. Being consistently on, available and having a high skill level has to count for something.

On the opposite end I do know a couple of whales who are quitting some alliance based content for the opposite reason (no need to do AW for the rewards Vs time/stress) so I think it'll end up balancing out.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★

He should join an alliance more his speed. He’s always had low prestige and complained about it

Jeps prestige where’s need but he couldn’t keep op with it one the signs stone where’s almost zero but after SOP that’s changed but then it take rng in to no essay to control if you spending etc you could’ve had it and stil not hav it I’m a bit higer prestige that’s BG and I’m left a alliance not because of prestige but because I’m knew hav r4 wil giv to spend that’s fair but spenders shouldn’t getting max prestige in matter of a few days that’s wrong one so many’s ting I’m where’s find with the gifts after a more thoughtful thoughts but r4 is need to stay competitive for AQ no AW but that’s just my opinion r4 shouldn’t had ben open like that’s my opinion.