Summoner's Choice 2022 Lobbying post

Wildblue333Wildblue333 Member Posts: 405 ★★
The Summoner's Choice starts next week so figured it would help to have a place where we can try and convince other summoner's to vote for our choice. Karate Mike was lobbying hard for Hercules last year so I wanted to have a place where anyone can lobby for whoever they wish. I know some people have this as a three way race between Quicksilver, Beta Ray Bill, and Agatha all along but I really like the group they gave us and think all have a shot. Just to remind you, Here are the 12 options. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f94q6Fpu3I&t=38s
Armor
Mirage
Agatha
Kushala
Beta Ray Bill
Crystal
Bullseye
Baron Zemo
Spiderwoman
Quicksilver
Hobgobin
Prowler
Tell us who your choice is and why you think they deserve to be in the contest

Comments

• MysterioMysterio Member Posts: 1,103 ★★★★
    Personally I don't care much, a lot of these characters are really fun to get. So I would argue that if Kabam makes the character Hercules OP again, we should look what characters powers can be the best translated into MCOC.

For an example: Quicksilver ---> Great pick, but he is clearly mutant and we do not need more god-tier mutants.
    Another example: Beta Ray Bill ---> Great pick, but we also have a lot of good Cosmics.

I rather see a character win from a weaker class like tech. (Or Kabam buffs me to be the best in game ;D)
  • Wildblue333Wildblue333 Member Posts: 405 ★★

Why bother, Quicksilver's going to win.

I'd probably like Crystal the most, but it's going to be Quicky.

Actually I think Beta Ray or Agatha is more likely. They are more popular character than Pietro.

Why bother, Quicksilver's going to win.

I'd probably like Crystal the most, but it's going to be Quicky.

Sundance, I'll vote with you for Crystal. Let's upset thing
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Member Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I think logically speaking, the OG's should have priority: Baron Zemo, Beta Ray Bill, Bullseye, Quicksilver and Spider-Woman.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Member Posts: 2,049 ★★★★★
    I think Agatha would be cool

I think logically speaking, the OG's should have priority: Baron Zemo, Beta Ray Bill, Bullseye, Quicksilver and Spider-Woman.

I think you are right but I also think those characters that have been in MCU (Zemo and Agatha ) have some popularity as well. Disney plus is filming a House of Harkness series focusing on her.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Member Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

• AburaeesAburaees Member Posts: 514 ★★★
    I want Quicksilver.

The VFX have been awesome the last few years, and it feels like the right time to do Quicksilver justice.

Looking at Professor X’s dash-back one can imagine something visually similar for Quicksilver. He should have burst damage and entries/escapes enabled by his speed (evade and miss mechanics).

Most importantly I hope he looks fast. Every hit in his combo could be a double (or a triple), regardless of it being a light or a medium. If he gets less hits in than Stealthy or Tigra, that would be underwhelming.

Nice pic but do you want him?? I can't understand why with a pic
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

The Summoner's Choice starts next week so figured it would help to have a place where we can try and convince other summoner's to vote for our choice. Karate Mike was lobbying hard for Hercules last year so I wanted to have a place where anyone can lobby for whoever they wish. I know some people have this as a three way race between Quicksilver, Beta Ray Bill, and Agatha all along but I really like the group they gave us and think all have a shot. Just to remind you, Here are the 12 options. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f94q6Fpu3I&t=38s
    Armor
    Mirage
    Agatha
    Kushala
    Beta Ray Bill
    Crystal
    Bullseye
    Baron Zemo
    Spiderwoman
    Quicksilver
    Hobgobin
    Prowler

Who said it was a three-way fight? Last I heard it was just a straight one-on-one versus Bill and Quicksilver.

I think you are right but I also think those characters that have been in MCU (Zemo and Agatha ) have some popularity as well. Disney plus is filming a House of Harkness series focusing on her.
    But that's not necessarily a guarantee. People were expecting either Buffs or new versions of Champions coming in when the respective shows came out and with the exception of Hawkeye getting a buff, we didn't really see that many tie-ins outside of deals.
    Aburaees said:

I want Quicksilver.

The VFX have been awesome the last few years, and it feels like the right time to do Quicksilver justice.

Looking at Professor X’s dash-back one can imagine something visually similar for Quicksilver. He should have burst damage and entries/escapes enabled by his speed (evade and miss mechanics).

Most importantly I hope he looks fast. Every hit in his combo could be a double (or a triple), regardless of it being a light or a medium. If he gets less hits in than Stealthy or Tigra, that would be underwhelming.

I have a feeling in order to do Quicksilver properly while still maintaining balance in the game, you'd have to lower his damage per hit and equate it to a standard 5 hit combo.

So an example would be if Quicksilver does 15 hits in his combo, by comparing it to the standard (5), he would have to do three hits for every one normal hit of damage if that makes any sense.

Tldr; for balance and character accuracy, his punches and their damage would be 3:1.

Armor
    Mirage
    Agatha
    Kushala
    Beta Ray Bill
    Crystal
    Bullseye
    Baron Zemo
    Spiderwoman
    Quicksilver
    Hobgobin
    Prowler

Who said it was a three-way fight? Last I heard it was just a straight one-on-one versus Bill and Quicksilver.
    It is actually a four way fight. Supposedly there will be voting in groups of four, giving use three champs in voting. The fourth will be picked Via twitter posts from those 9 champs will available.
  • AburaeesAburaees Member Posts: 514 ★★★

Aburaees said:

I want Quicksilver.

I have a feeling in order to do Quicksilver properly while still maintaining balance in the game, you'd have to lower his damage per hit and equate it to a standard 5 hit combo.

So an example would be if Quicksilver does 15 hits in his combo, by comparing it to the standard (5), he would have to do three hits for every one normal hit of damage if that makes any sense.

Tldr; for balance and character accuracy, his punches and their damage would be 3:1.
    Yes there’d need to be balance. Stealthy and Monkey hit hard, but they have low health pools - and Stealthy is capable of 7-hit combos. Quicksilver could be given a similar treatment, or his burst damage potential could be managed with charges, power meter, or some other kind of counter. But yes, naturally, he would need balance.
  • Shock29Shock29 Member Posts: 571 ★★★
    I want Prowler to win because I love his character and think his animations would be very smooth.

I know he won’t because of Quicksilver and Beta Ray Bill as well as the others but I can at least hope.

Join the hopeless cause #VoteProwler
    Shock29 said:

I want Prowler to win because I love his character and think his animations would be very smooth.

I know he won’t because of Quicksilver and Beta Ray Bill as well as the others but I can at least hope.

Join the hopeless cause #VoteProwler

I wouldn't say it's hopeless, it's just really really really difficult with a slim margin of success but at the same time you know what you like and you know who you like and you want to stand by your choice and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Based on popularity in the books and the movies, I think the most likely choices are:
    Agatha
    Beta Ray Bill
    Bullseye
    Baron Zemo
    Spiderwoman
    Quicksilver
    Hobgobin.

If they do it grouping like they suggested, I think this might happen:
    group 1
    Armor
    Mirage Winner : agatha
    Agatha
    Kushala

Group2
    Beta Ray Bill
    Crystal
    Bullseye Winner: Beta Ray or Zemo
    Baron Zemo

Group3
    Spiderwoman
    Quicksilver Winner: Quick silver
    Hobgobin
    Prowler
  • Oblivion177Oblivion177 Member Posts: 1
    Hello there. I have been a consistent player for about 4 years now. However, this is the first time getting myself involved in the forums. I thought I would use this opportunity for this topic on sharing which characters I would like to see in-game…

From the list above to pick from: 1. Quicksilver
    2. Prowler
    Quicksilver because I think he would be someone very different to the Battlerealm! It would be great to see someone with great speed as their primary power and see how that fairs in-game! It will be unique!

Prowler because I do feel like the game’s slightly behind on Tech characters now. It mostly seems overrun with Combat and Cosmic’s!

Ones who are not on the list, who I personally would like to see are some villains!

I think we’re really lacking on Ironman, Hulk and Ghost Rider villains!

My list:

1. Blackheart - Mystic
    2. Whiplash - Tech
    3. Mandarin (but the comic kind with rings on the fingers) - Mystic/Tech I guess?
    4. A-Bomb - Lab
    5. Mystique - Mutant
    6. Sandman - Lab
    7. Ares - Mystic/Combat?
    8. Crimson Dynamo/Titanium Man - Tech

Thank you!
  • Virus1988Virus1988 Member Posts: 1
    Quick answer is Quicksilver, mutants are dominating anyway in game

Hello there. I have been a consistent player for about 4 years now. However, this is the first time getting myself involved in the forums. I thought I would use this opportunity for this topic on sharing which characters I would like to see in-game…

I think we’re really lacking on Ironman, Hulk and Ghost Rider villains!

Thank you!

I agree with you. I was hoping that 2022 would be the "Bring on the Bad Guys" year. I would like to see the following:

1. Whiplash - Tech
    2. Mandarin (but the comic kind with rings on the fingers) - Mystic/Tech I guess?
    3. A-Bomb - Lab
    4. Ares - Mystic/Combat?
    5. Crimson Dynamo/Titanium Man - Tech
    6. Black out The Ghost Rider one Mystic
    7. Death watch from GR Science
    8. Lilith the Demon Mytstic
    9. Living Laser Science
    10. Moonstone/Meteorite Science
    11. Blizzard Tech
    12. Starlight Cosmic
    Virus1988 said:

Quick answer is Quicksilver, mutants are dominating anyway in game

He's not a mutant any more. He got his new speed from High eveloutionary so he would be science now
    Here is info from the comicvine entry.
    All-New Marvel NOW!
    Quicksilver's X-Factor uniform
    Quicksilver's X-Factor uniform
    After an unspecified offense leads to Quicksilver cutting ties with the Avengers yet again, he joins the newest incarnation of X-Factor alongside his younger sister Lorna. The team doesn't last very long, but Quicksilver finally comes clean about his actions and his lies about being kidnapped by the Skrulls. Though this strains his relationship with the rest of the superhero community, it causes him to once again become close with Luna, repairing their relationship.

During this time, Quicksilver becomes involved in the events of AXIS. It is here that he and Wanda learn that Magneto is not their biological father, and that they are not actually mutants. This leads to Quicksilver joining the Avengers Unity Squad and heading to Counter Earth to find some answers. It is there that the twins learn that they were truly the biological children of Django and Marya Maximoff all along, and that their powers actually come from the High Evolutionary's experimentation not because of being mutants.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,417 Guardian
    The only reason why I wouldn't want to do quicksilver is if he is fast, then he could be a very annoying defender
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,273 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Why can't they just add the top 2 characters and put them in one month instead of the first. It takes around 6 months to develop a character from some Kabam dev video I saw some time ago. What's stopping them from adding the second option if they're going to give out this good of a library of characters to pick from?

Why can't they just add the top 2 characters and put them in one month instead of the first. It takes around 6 months to develop a character from some Kabam dev video I saw some time ago. What's stopping them from adding the second option if they're going to give out this good of a library of characters to pick from?

Because that's not how it goes, unfortunately. Hercules was a fantastic build that made a lot of people very excited about the prospect of future builds but considering the second build that month was America Chavez, it kinda reinforced the notion that sometimes two new champs a month was one champ too many.

It's better in the long run in terms of quality to keep it as is.