**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Captain America Change - Potential Reason

AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
As we know OG Cap has received a facelift in the new update without receiving a buff, & it has been softly indicated that he won't be getting buffed anytime soon
So what could be the reason fr such an update ??
The only possible reason I could come across is that when a new player downloads the game, they get a small tutorial with Cap
Earlier it ws Cap but I think it was changed to Black Widow or may be it randomly shifts between the two
May be Kabam didn't want the character graphics of the game to feel dated fr someone who has just installed the game
BW's graphics are still decent enough though they could also use some work, but Cap ws extremely boring & vanilla
According to u what other reasons could be there fr such an update ??

Comments

• Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Raichu626 said:

Interesting thought, but Spidey is correct here.
    But but, Classic Cap is a permanent member of the parry tutorial, which might be the actual reason

I made an account shortly after cyber weekend, was Shang chi and mr. negative in there then. It could’ve been changed since
  • Options
    ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★
    @jbxotiic is correct that the current intro tutorial is Shang Chi and Mister Negative. (unless it changed within the last week)
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    I don't see any facelift for OG Cap. He looks exactly like he's always looked or am I missing it?
  • Options
    Stebo_79Stebo_79 Posts: 636 ★★★

I don't see any facelift for OG Cap. He looks exactly like he's always looked or am I missing it?

Same
    What’s different?
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    Specials and victory screen are noticeably improved
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    I like it, it adds a little something that even though cap is lacking a lot of stuff and even I have a potential rework I want to pitch, it's still something that puts a shine to their current visuals. Hopefully they do it to all the other Champs
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    The effects are cool. Unfortunately it’s just that.

I wish Captain America could be more useful, but at least we have the VFX to look at.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

The effects are cool. Unfortunately it’s just that.

I wish Captain America could be more useful, but at least we have the VFX to look at.

wish he was better so I could see those sweet victory fireworks more
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

I have a different theory. I think they buffed Cap but realised it was too OP (happened in past with other buffs) and decided to re do the buff but left just visual for fun.

Never heard of this, who’d they do it to?
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

_Sham_ said:

I have a different theory. I think they buffed Cap but realised it was too OP (happened in past with other buffs) and decided to re do the buff but left just visual for fun.

If I remember right, Rhino and/or Blackbolt
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

_Sham_ said:

If I remember right, Rhino and/or Blackbolt
    The last tweaks to both of them were years ago. Blackbolt had the recoil removed from his SP2 and Rhino had his medium buffed with unlockable & unstoppable.