**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

MCoC 2022 - Buffs that can’t be stolen or copied

World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
edited January 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
A few years back, there was an insightful thread about “unstealable buffs” that can’t be copied by Rogue or stolen by Loki. See below:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/138921/unstealable-buffs#latest

Kabam didn’t take the time to respond and now we’re in 2022 with even more buffs added to the game that these champs can’t steal or copy.

Below is a vid showing 5 more buffs that should be able to be copied or stolen but they don’t:
Energize
Power charge
Immortality
Nova Surge
Aptitude

https://youtu.be/9DCwoSjps1g
CLOSE

It’s be nice to finally get some clarification or explanation about all this. Are any of these interactions bugged and if not, why can’t Loki or Rogue interact with these (and other) buffs??
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Todays video is brought to you by the letter R for our champion Rogue, who can’t copy any of these buffs

Power charge
    Unblockable
    Vigilance
    Cosmic energy overload
    Aptitude
    Overpowered
    Rout
    Combo shield

https://youtu.be/SmKoYjT-1Cs

Can anyone from Kabam comment on this topic ?
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Setting aside all of the tangential debates about buffs verses passives, and whether things *should* be stealable or not, what can and cannot be stolen should probably be better documented for the players. I will try to find out why it isn't.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

I recall a Kabam mod saying that Rogue can not copy unstoppable or indestructible buffs years ago, but I can’t find the thread that states that.
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    Great detective work. Have you found that Loki and Rogue are the same in terms of which buffs they can and can’t steal?
  • Options
    Also just noticed this in Sigil SWitch’s profile: “Scarlet Witch gains a copy of any Fury, Prowess, Cruelty, Armor Up, or Unblockable buff she nullifies.” She can nullify any buff, but she can only copy those 5. In her case (unlike Rogue and Loki) it’s documented.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    This months EQ , chapter 1.1 Ronan boss has the “Steady Perseverance” node that gives him Stun Immunity buff that can’t be stolen by Rogue either.

I can upload a vid if needed , but I feel like I’d just be wasting my time since Kabam hasn’t bothered to address this topic for 3 years

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Will any mod help to find out why Loki and Rogue don’t work with all these buffs ?

Are they bugged or is this an intended (non)interaction ?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,663 Guardian

Will any mod help to find out why Loki and Rogue don’t work with all these buffs ?

Are they bugged or is this an intended (non)interaction ?

This is not a direct answer to your question(s), but unfortunately, as best as I can tell, there's no simple rule for which buffs can and cannot be stolen or copied. In other words, the only way to know which ones can be and cannot be would be to publish two full lists of them. Which then wouldn't likely fit in the in-game descriptions. This appears to be "intentional" in the sense that that's just the way this stuff is designed (in other words, somewhat ad hoc).

Whether the players could get such lists is a question I have posed. That's all I can say about that.
  • Options
    Silver Surfer has a “Power Cosmic” buff that can be nullified by Venom , Venompool and even OG Scarlet Witch, but it can’t be copied by Rogue or stolen by Loki.

https://youtube.com/shorts/RUk7YdsqSMI?feature=share

This Raises even more questions. If these buffs can be nullified, even by SW who predates Rogue and Loki; why are Loki and Rogue not interacting with all these buffs? Is it bugged, lazy coding, working as intended ? Who the H knows!!? Kabam refuses to comment or even acknowledge that these 2 champs don’t work per their descriptions. These are legitimate questions and concerns. Refusing to address this, for 3 years now, makes me lose any confidence in Kabam.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Setting aside all of the tangential debates about buffs verses passives, and whether things *should* be stealable or not, what can and cannot be stolen should probably be better documented for the players. I will try to find out why it isn't.

Maybe those releases after said ability has been implemented?

Venompool in Lab who shrugs all debuffs cannot/does not shrug fragility debuff from karnak. Maybe because it was released later?

Rougue has also in last been updated a couple(?) Times to be able to steal newer buffs
  • Options
    I think it's mentioned somewhere that unique buffs cannot be stolen . Like overpower from kingpin
  • Options

I think it's mentioned somewhere that unique buffs cannot be stolen . Like overpower from kingpin

Loki can L1 Annihilus cosmic control rod and get rid of it. He doesn’t steal it, but the L1 removes that buff from Annihilus.

Not sure why Loki can’t steal dragon man’s power charge buff & Rogue can’t copy it. They’re able to interact with standard power gain buffs (except the new energize). Also, the Unblockable buff isn’t unique to one champ; it exists as a node and various champs have it.

I appreciate everyone’s replies but it’s really up to Kabam to inform us what is or is not intended.
  • Options

Loki can L1 Annihilus cosmic control rod and get rid of it. He doesn’t steal it, but the L1 removes that buff from Annihilus.

Not sure why Loki can’t steal dragon man’s power charge buff & Rogue can’t copy it. They’re able to interact with standard power gain buffs (except the new energize). Also, the Unblockable buff isn’t unique to one champ; it exists as a node and various champs have it.

I appreciate everyone’s replies but it’s really up to Kabam to inform us what is or is not intended.
    That's part of annihilus kit. Any attempt to nullify will remove the rod.

Dragon man is the only champ with the power charge to my knowledge so that would be a unique buff. Rest not sure. Have to update I gues
  • Options

That's part of annihilus kit. Any attempt to nullify will remove the rod.

Dragon man is the only champ with the power charge to my knowledge so that would be a unique buff. Rest not sure. Have to update I gues
    I understand your point about “ unique” buffs, but that’s never been confirmed by kabam. All we’ve ever been told is that Rogue can not copy unstoppable and indestructible buffs.
    That’s it. Everything else is up in the air. More and more buffs get added and these two champs don’t work per their descriptions. It would benefit everyone if Kabam would just respond & clarify what is intended and what is not intended.

Re: Annihilus Cosmic control rod buff
    Loki actually does interact with this uniquie buff. He removes the buff, but it’s not a nullify. Loki doesn’t have a nullify ability. His L1 says it steals all the enemy’s buffs.
  • Options
    IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    Which is why I don't use my 4* Loki on my mini anynore
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,832 ★★★★★
    I think this topic you referring to, is a victim of the progression of the game and it’s endless interactions. For example the buff stealing rogue .. she was programmed in a time where we had very basic buffs like fury or precision. For every new champion release with new buffs they had to update the coding of rogue and Loki every time.

Maybe they will update the code of them within a general buff but I wouldn’t be that optimistic. Think they will stars as they are .. unfortunately

• Options
    Looks like Loki can steal evade buffs - or at least Nightcrawler's evade buff. I don't know if it does anything for Loki though. After stealing the buff i stood still to see if i would evade when attacked but instead i just took a combo to the face.

• Options
    o_o said:

Looks like Loki can steal evade buffs - or at least Nightcrawler's evade buff. I don't know if it does anything for Loki though. After stealing the buff i stood still to see if i would evade when attacked but instead i just took a combo to the face.

Yep, I haven’t tested that recently but I have in the past and Loki was able to steal that evade buff from NC.

I don’t believe Rogue is able to copy it but I’m kinda sick of testing since Kabam won’t address this …… but did move the thread over to the “bugs and known issues” section. Why should I do more work than them?
  • Options
    The forums used to be a place where you could ask questions about how champions are supposed work and get a moderator to help understand and clarify what is or what is not intended. Over the years, I’ve put in a lot of time and energy to make respectful inquiries and provide videos asking about Loki and Rogue.

Can Anyone from kabam please help me and others to understand why rogue and Loki can not copy or steal all these buffs???
  • Options
    Mister_pl0wMister_pl0w Posts: 104
    It’s kind of a bummer that we continue to get buffs added to the game that don’t interact with Rogue and Loki and there hasn’t been a response or even acknowledgment to these posts.