So no action taken for gift event cheaters?

Dear Kabam,

Since the gift event rewards will be rolled out from 12pm PST today, can I assume no action taken for event cheaters?

I knew many many cheaters bought more than 20,000 cheap crystals with $1.5 per crystal and have more than 4 R4s now, do you think it is fair to the players who bought each crystal with $10?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

I've noticed that many people today do not understand the concept of proof vs suspicion.

They believe that if something makes them jump to a conclusion, then it must be correct. If it confirms their predetermined narrative, then it is undeniable.

Critical thinking is a lost art.

If an account goes through a bunch of owners and they're always in alliances that seem to cheat in everything including past gifting, war, and legends runs, and their score shows 300k points but have 10m+ points worth of GGCS, that should tell us something.
    But how do you verify an account went to a bunch of owners? Are you admitting to intentionally following people's IP addresses and backtracking where they played on the globe and cross-referencing the individual dates and times?

Secondly, no one just starts with the alliance there with. Everyone starts off as a journeyman and you go from Team to team until you find the right fit. Now if you happen to be the only common denominator in which cheating has seen the pop up in multiple team, that is the red flag but again there has to be legit proof and not just baseless accusations and not just the claim that "they did better than me, so they're obviously cheating."
  • Whiskey_PoetWhiskey_Poet Member Posts: 245 ★★
    My solo gifting rank went from 16K+ to 15K plus right before reward brackets came out, so they banned around 1K cheaters. *shrug*
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

I've noticed that many people today do not understand the concept of proof vs suspicion.

They believe that if something makes them jump to a conclusion, then it must be correct. If it confirms their predetermined narrative, then it is undeniable.

If an account goes through a bunch of owners and they're always in alliances that seem to cheat in everything including past gifting, war, and legends runs, and their score shows 300k points but have 10m+ points worth of GGCS, that should tell us something.
    But how do you verify an account went to a bunch of owners? Are you admitting to intentionally following people's IP addresses and backtracking where they played on the globe and cross-referencing the individual dates and times?

Secondly, no one just starts with the alliance there with. Everyone starts off as a journeyman and you go from Team to team until you find the right fit. Now if you happen to be the only common denominator in which cheating has seen the pop up in multiple team, that is the red flag but again there has to be legit proof and not just baseless accusations and not just the claim that "they did better than me, so they're obviously cheating."
    For a long time super accounts get reabsorbed back into alliances trying to maintain AQ rankings and have different owners. That's standard stuff. Big accounts don't die off when someone stops playing, they usually get sold and passed around. A lot of the big teams have very questionable histories with accounts, piloting (arena, aw, legends runs), and gifting is the most competitive event with the most shenanigans.
    But you still haven't provided any proof.... You're just saying it. We're you apart of what you just described? Did you run someone's account? Were you apart of one of those alliances you are talking about where you have first hand knowledge?
    That's the big question. Is the author of this thread saying they know this for a fact because of first-hand involvement? Cuz they're not acting like someone who was wronged by these people, this feels like you're trying to bargain for a plea deal.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

For a long time super accounts get reabsorbed back into alliances trying to maintain AQ rankings and have different owners. That's standard stuff. Big accounts don't die off when someone stops playing, they usually get sold and passed around. A lot of the big teams have very questionable histories with accounts, piloting (arena, aw, legends runs), and gifting is the most competitive event with the most shenanigans.
    But you still haven't provided any proof.... You're just saying it. We're you apart of what you just described? Did you run someone's account? Were you apart of one of those alliances you are talking about where you have first hand knowledge?
    I thought it was common knowledge that CoWhales account was sold off and passed around.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,423 Guardian
    ItsDamien said:

thepiggy said:

thepiggy said:

I thought it was common knowledge that CoWhales account was sold off and passed around.
    It is indeed common knowledge. However, no one to my knowledge has actually attempted to prove it publicly.
  • SHAYUSHAYU Member Posts: 78
    GMT+8 here and it's been more than 6 hours n yet to receive my solo gifting rewards.. any update on the rest?
  • TreininTreinin Member Posts: 215 ★★★
    These things may be difficult to prove, but some of the abuse is pretty flagrant, and makes a laughing stock of the game. When we can all see there is a player with a full team of rank 4 6*s, but neither them, nor their alliance is on the gifting leaderboards, it doesn't take much sleuthing to ~know~ this person has bought crystals from a third party seller (especially when people around the person know flat out they did). It takes more effort to prove it, of course. I hope that Kabam will put in the effort to prove it at least in these exceptional cases.